Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

BMW E46 330 ZHP and Non ZHP Dyno graphs.

Post if you have them run on your car......or if you run across them on line.

Thanks.

This guy pulled:

2003 BMW 330i ZHP (mileage : 19,900)
    HP : 207
    TQ : 200

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

And another....

OP's comments.

Car is 330i zhp, with only Conforti intake and pulleys.

Got about 209hp at the rear wheel. With 15% driveline loss, that is about 246hp at the crank. Not bad considering factory rating is at 235hp.

From the graph you can see the 4200rpm dip. This is the most pronounced I've seen on any ZHP's dyno chart. I don't feel it at all when I'm driving, just hear the engine get louder at that rpm.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Be sure to note the type of dyno the car was measured on.

DROIDstatus. Come at me, bro.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Interesting, as a "bone stock" is only 2 HP behind a "Conforti intake and pulleys" dyno, so clearly a dyno difference? John
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I would thought the dyno numbers would be a tad bite higher. My Altima 3.5 V6 dynoed in at 218 at the wheel. That was with the Nismo CAI and underdrive pulleys. Nissan claims the VQ35de in the 02-04 Altima has 245hp at the crank.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

I6 motors sacrifice some hp for smoothness and vibration reduction.

DROIDstatus. Come at me, bro.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Again...I think I am finding out, that dyno accuracies differ pretty widely.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    And another....

OP's comments.

Car is 330i zhp, with only Conforti intake and pulleys.

Got about 209hp at the rear wheel. With 15% driveline loss, that is about 246hp at the crank. Not bad considering factory rating is at 235hp.

From the graph you can see the 4200rpm dip. This is the most pronounced I've seen on any ZHP's dyno chart. I don't feel it at all when I'm driving, just hear the engine get louder at that rpm.

The peak numbers on this dyno are not accurate. That jump at the end is due to a calculation error as the clutch is pushed in at the end of the pull and the drum speed and engine speed are no longer linear.

Of course, you guys know every dyno varies, and the most consistent by far are inertia dynos that have no user adjustable correction factor.

Ian

Ian

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/imag...6330_shark.pdf

You know, looking at this graph from Turner, it is interesting to see that with the shark, the 4k rpm dip/timing pull is just as present as without. I don't think the shark is our fix for that.

Ian

In addition to the other post in "Performance" section......maybe it feels less pronounced for me as I not only got the Shark, bt also was updated to latest 330i ZHP software.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast