Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

E46 BMW 330i ZHP P0172 & P0175

Year: 2/2004

Mileage: 137,500

Indications: SES light, codes (2), car is running strong and pulling hard. I have noted....the last few days my idle is down maybe 100rpm (down to 6 from 7). I thought maybe I wad just seeing things though....maybe not.

Relevant Previous Maintenance (All complete in last 5k miles): Precats replaced, New fuel pump, new plugs, cyl #1 coil pack, ICV/DISA/Both boots inspected, TB cleaned.

Last fillup: Last night w/ Shell 93. Code came in approx 25 miles later. Just sayin....

My Guess: Failure of MAF sensor.

Any and all ideas are welcome.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I concur with your guess.

Anybody close by who can let you throw their MAF in for a few? Maybe John?

Also-- is your intake filter oiled, or dry?
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I am an oily guy. Careful not to over dhuuuuuu eeeeeeet though.

I think I would have to roll with MAF sensor for a while though to know it's the problem. I will probably just pony up the dough for a genuine, brand new.........................Hyundai Sonata MAF sensor.

P/N Info: "MS43 DMEs use a 3 wire MAF, Siemens Part #28164-37100 which includes most models. Same MAF as the Hyundai Sonata 2.5L 99-01
    The exceptions are 330's produced after 03/03 and SULEV 325s which use a different Siemens part which has a totally different plug and has a 6 wire connector but only uses 5 wires. These MAFs are hard to find outside of the going to a dealership."

You can get a Hyundai Sonata MAF for about $120 which will work fine.

EDIT: Snap......it works for the 325, 323, and 328, but NOT the 330.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Anybody close by who can let you throw their MAF in for a few? Maybe John?
    I can stop by tomorrow and you can swap mine to check if you want, as long as there is no car pushing involved this time.

I know you're careful, but I still think the oil could be your issue-- I've just read too many threads where it's the culprit.

Could always just clean the MAF and see if it stays away for a bit.

Hate to see you spend $120 on a MAF to just end up in the same boat in 6 months if it is the oil...
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    I can stop by tomorrow and you can swap mine to check if you want, as long as there is no car pushing involved this time.
    Ahhh...so you finally found a sense of humor.

I know you're careful, but I still think the oil could be your issue-- I've just read too many threads where it's the culprit.

Could always just clean the MAF and see if it stays away for a bit.

Hate to see you spend $120 on a MAF to just end up in the same boat in 6 months if it is the oil...
    I think your comment is valid my man. I wonder if I can just move to a dry filter with my current setup.

***initial post updated with "indications".

If it is indeed the MAF sensor...I can get this one from Autozone for $209.00...

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...2193_132849_0_

Or, I can get the BMW sensor for roughly $100.00 more at Bap Geon, www.oembimmerparts.com, etc....

What do you guys think?

Also....looking for an answer to go from oiled filter to dry filter. I don't see the big deal....I guess I would just need to buy the dry filter?

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If it is indeed the MAF sensor...I can get this one from Autozone for $209.00...

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...2193_132849_0_

Or, I can get the BMW sensor for roughly $100.00 more at Bap Geon, www.oembimmerparts.com, etc....

What do you guys think?

Also....looking for an answer to go from oiled filter to dry filter. I don't see the big deal....I guess I would just need to buy the dry filter?
    $199 on oembimmerparts.com. I like staying OEM on any sensor-related items.

I didn't think a non-oiled filter was an option for your intake. aFe Stage 2, correct?
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

$199 on oembimmerparts.com. I like staying OEM on any sensor-related items.

I didn't think a non-oiled filter was an option for your intake. aFe Stage 2, correct?
    Stage 1......

I was getting 289 at oembimmerparts. 2/2004............P/N 13627566983

http://www.oembimmerparts.com/catalo...40/7932887.htm

Ok-- Looks lie there's a dry available for that one.

This was the MAF I was looking at. http://www.oembimmerparts.com/catalo...40/4149045.htm

Edit: My bad, I see I had the older model year MAF.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast