Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

FS: Badass Amber LEDs for facelift coupe turn signals

Info on these from my build thread:

But more importantly...drumroll.gif...the Japanese LEDs work freaking great!

Do you see these sweet ass bitties?

They output some hella good light and fill the reflector housing even better than the OE incandescent bulbs! Here's some comparisons with the LED in just the drivers side:

(cue background music while you look at the pics https://youtu.be/lWA2pjMjpBs)

SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND

And here you can see how much more filled out the housing is with the LED in parking light mode...

Incandescent first:

And then the boss ass LED:

I had been holding off on posting anything about them for a week while I was testing them, but I've had no issues/errors/hyperflash and installed a pair in Spenser's blue car the other day without issue too. Only thing I would recommend is disabling the cold/hot checks in PA Soft so that they don't flicker when you start the car. These bad boys is the real deal yo.

The catch? They're​ $45 a pair and can only be purchased in Japan. So what did I do? I went ahead and bought 10 sets to bring the cost to a manageable $50 a pair. (Yes, I spent $500 on Amazon Japan and my credit card company didn't even call me)

I'm​ travelling for work this week, but I'll make a separate post when I get back to see who wants me to send them some and the rest will go on eBay.

So I put a set in my car and a set in Spenser's car, disabled the hot/cold checks through PA Soft, and have had nothing but smooth operation ever since. Somewhere along the way, I forgot that I had 8 more sets.

So they're on ebay now so that I can recoup my late night $500 Japanese LED investment.

But I'll send them to you guys for $55 shipped. PM me!

Edit: Reduced price once I figured out how to ship first class instead of priority mail
    Last edited by ZHPizza; 05-19-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Info on disabling the hot/cold checks so that they don't flicker on startup:

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    If you go to the LCM coding menu in PA Soft, you'll see these check boxes for hot and cold check. Just uncheck whatever you don't want scanned at startup (cold check) and intermittently while driving (hot check). Those are what give you the flicker.

This isn't my image, but it shows the hot/cold check options as they're preselected from the factory. I only disabled it for the front turn signals and left the BC message box checked, assuming that's your error message when it detects bulb out.

How thick is the box? I would probably feel comfortable shipping them in a padded envelope with some extra padding throw in (bubble wrap, crumpled paper). If it's under 16.0 ounces then it goes through USPS first class.

So I need two pair to fully outfit a car, right? Very interested
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    How thick is the box? I would probably feel comfortable shipping them in a padded envelope with some extra padding throw in (bubble wrap, crumpled paper). If it's under 16.0 ounces then it goes through USPS first class.
    Padded envelope would probably work since these things are stout (metal frame protecting the LED's). I'll see what they have at the post office in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    So I need two pair to fully outfit a car, right? Very interested
    Nope! Just one pair for the front turn signals. Your rears are already LED.

For our facelift coupes, it's only the front turn signals and reverse lights that are not LED from the factory.

Well, sold, thanks! PM on its way.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Padded envelope would probably work since these things are stout (metal frame protecting the LED's). I'll see what they have at the post office in a bit.
    It will be cheaper if you buy the envelopes from a different source. Something like this, though they come out cheaper in higher quantities. I print the labels through www.paypal.com/shipnow , but Paypal might be phasing that out it seems.

$7.15 is about right for any kind of residential shipping with some form of tracking or insurance. You can definitely go cheaper with USPS (we're talking like.. $1.50 or so), but you start running the exponentially higher risk of losing bulbs.

Source: I work in a warehouse operation and administer our logistics.

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

I don't have that much experience with shipping items but I'd expect taking the bulbs out of the box and suffocating those suckers in a cocoon of bubble wrap and tossing it in a small padded envelope would be sufficient protection and keep the weight/size down of the package.

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    I scavenged some bubble mailers, added another layer of bubble wrap, and got a handful of these bad boys ready to go!

$55 shipped. PM me with your info and I'll get them on the mail.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast