Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    You still need a very good set of all seasons or snow tires and “common sense” when driving in snows...

Drivetrain alone is not the answer Shawn...

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro
    I think Shawn was pointing out the argument, not necessarily that he was on one side or the other.... the video clearly states the answer though.

The video also demonstrates how a ZHP with good snows is an incredibly capable snow car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    I think Shawn was pointing out the argument, not necessarily that he was on one side or the other.... the video clearly states the answer though.

The video also demonstrates how a ZHP with good snows is an incredibly capable snow car.
    I agree Peter. I don’t think Shawn was saying one side or another. The link Shawn provided is a great article showing importance of using good snows. I should have worded my response better.

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    That is true.

I got an suv but the zhp is still on a winter setup

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I got the Nissan version of that ('03 Pathfinder) which has been in the family since new and its dying a slow, painful death at only 125K. There is a large amount of rust in both the rear wheel wells and getting underneath the car, has a busted rear strut/shock and recently the ABS sensor went out making the 4x4 not work either (which defeats the purpose of a SUV in the winter). To fix those 2 things (strut / sensor) i'm looking at close to $1,500 on a car that is worth not much more than that with them fixed. Even with those 2 issues addressed i'm concerned the tranny can go at any time despite having the fluid changed at about 90K. Over the past couple months on 2 occasions on the way home from work it suddenly lost power and no matter how hard i pressed the gas pedal it could barely accelerate and on an incline could not maintain speed. I take back roads home so i was able to pull over safely then turn off the car and back on and that fixed it both times.

I'd have a hard time parting with the ZHP so i'd just get a 2nd car. With my beater with a heater possibly on its last legs (as described above) i've been looking at newer awd options, both sedan and suv, that would serve was winter warrior and family hauler but be fun to drive. When looking at sedans i considered cars like the Giulia, A3/S3, A4/S4, S60, Jag XE but then realized that despite being awd they'd still be a bit redundant with the zhp in that as a sedan would not have much ground clearance for bigger storms. Plus, if i was going to get a sedan i'd want it to be 6MT and that of those choices only the A4/S4 offered it. So off to SUV world i went and settled on a 2015.5-2016 XC60 R-Design as my target purchase. It'd look good, be a boss in the snow and 2015.5-2016 would come with the Polestar tune bringing it up to 354lb torque and paddle shifters, making it a fun ride home. As my search began (can get 2015.5 under $30K) the wife brought up the idea that she wants a bigger house in the next 2-3yrs, bringing my plans to execute a purchase to a screeching halt until further conversations occur.

There's the X5d too. Completely forgot about that. You can get into a 2011 for less than 10k, spend a few grand more and have a monster at acceleration, fuel efficiency, towing, etc. And it's still technically a "beater"
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

I sold my ZHP in April after 6 great years with it. It had become kinda redundant with my Golf R being the preferred daily. First time my garage had no BMW since 2005. I even let my BMWCCA membership lapse. The itch for another M car was strong. A few weeks ago I decided I was going to find another Z4M Coupe. I sold mine in 2015 and have regretted it ever since. I got VERY lucky and found the "right" car within days - a 34k-mile 2008 in Space Gray, a very rare color (66 produced worldwide, 48 for NA, 2008-only color). Flew to NJ to see, drive & seal the deal and and had her trucked home. SO excited to have another S54 in the garage again.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    I sold my ZHP in April after 6 great years with it. It had become kinda redundant with my Golf R being the preferred daily. First time my garage had no BMW since 2005. I even let my BMWCCA membership lapse. The itch for another M car was strong. A few weeks ago I decided I was going to find another Z4M Coupe. I sold mine in 2015 and have regretted it ever since. I got VERY lucky and found the "right" car within days - a 34k-mile 2008 in Space Gray, a very rare color (66 produced worldwide, 48 for NA, 2008-only color). Flew to NJ to see, drive & seal the deal and and had her trucked home. SO excited to have another S54 in the garage again.

You have a great garage with great daily and perfect weekend car. Z4 looks so good with space grey color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post

Damn that space gray looks good. What did they call the Z4 coupe? Clown shoe II?

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    I got the Nissan version of that ('03 Pathfinder) which has been in the family since new and its dying a slow, painful death at only 125K. There is a large amount of rust in both the rear wheel wells and getting underneath the car, has a busted rear strut/shock and recently the ABS sensor went out making the 4x4 not work either (which defeats the purpose of a SUV in the winter). To fix those 2 things (strut / sensor) i'm looking at close to $1,500 on a car that is worth not much more than that with them fixed. Even with those 2 issues addressed i'm concerned the tranny can go at any time despite having the fluid changed at about 90K. Over the past couple months on 2 occasions on the way home from work it suddenly lost power and no matter how hard i pressed the gas pedal it could barely accelerate and on an incline could not maintain speed. I take back roads home so i was able to pull over safely then turn off the car and back on and that fixed it both times.
    Sorry to hear about your luck.

I am at 171k and it has been pretty great.

Btw that cost for repairs sounds high.

I just did the both of the rear shocks and they were $60 each.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Damn that space gray looks good. What did they call the Z4 coupe? Clown shoe II?
    I agree - space gray (or the more common silver gray, which looks almost identical) wasn't a particular desire when I went searching, but now that I have it - man it really does a great job showing off the lines of the car, and should be easy to maintain, and not jump out at the heat like some colors can.

The official name for this car is "M Coupé". No Z4. Even the state of Arizona, on the title, simply calls it "M".

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast