Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    The pop-out quarter windows on the coupe are really pretty awesome for dogs. It lets them smell the outside world without having to stand on the armrests/door card, and falling out is impossible. On the flip side, getting in the back of a coupe to clean all the nose prints is a bigger pain in the ass than in a sedan.
    And the windows are not as good for car washes.

Love the Miata. If I had a garage, the ND would definitely be considered as a ZHP replacement except for the winter.

1. Get that ND fam
    2. Hi Sam!
    3. Your headlights should have adjusted with the weight in the trunk. AL not working after the repair?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving, Spenser!
    Crap, sorry I missed all these responses. Thanks, Justin!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    OOOh joining the Miata lyfe. Still the most smiles per mph I've had in any car.
    Oh man, they're a hoot. I don't know when it's happening, but I really want it to. The people who knock 'em have clearly never driven one.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    love this.
    It's not spacious like the X3 but they love the sniffer windows!

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    That SUV is massive and your coupe looks tiny parked next to it.
    I love picture of you friend in the rear seat. He looks comfortable in the coupe.
    It's hilarious how big that car is. Even though I knew it'd fit in the garage I still got nervous when I had to park it.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    And the windows are not as good for car washes.

Love the Miata. If I had a garage, the ND would definitely be considered as a ZHP replacement except for the winter.
    Heh you remembered the time I didn't close them all the way...I wish they had one-touch close like they do one-touch open. Still more convenient than the manual levers in the E36...that is, until one of the motors dies lol

The ND looks awesome, and Nate said it was a lot of fun to drive. I think I'd have to get the RF.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    1. Get that ND fam
    2. Hi Sam!
    3. Your headlights should have adjusted with the weight in the trunk. AL not working after the repair?
    1. ND is sweet but the whole point of an NA/NB track car is cheapness. Cheap consumables, cheap cost of entry, and I think the people who track cars they have payments on are craycray.
    2. See next post.
    3. Correct me if I'm wrong: the AL uses the "manual" adjustment as a reference point, yes? So if the adjuster screw gets turned that's the new benchmark for when weight gets added? I'm wondering if Loren just didn't get the reference point correct during the repair.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

So Saturday night/Sunday morning it started snowing.

And it kept snowing.

Yep, cars aren't going anywhere. This carport is awesome, in that it's basically a full-on two car garage with a separate storage room and attic, just without a door.

But...yea it doesn't have a door.

Alternate mode of transportation? Sled team:

Oh wait, sled dogs are supposed to be focused on the task. One of my sled dogs is defective.

No, Tawny's not scowling because she's cold. She's pissed because we stopped playtime to take a picture.

Snow really brings out the youthfulness in Sam. Coming up on 11 and she still acts like a puppy in the white stuff.

Not my best work in Adobe cloning out their leashes, but leashes ruin pictures.

Anyway, then it became freezing rain last night.

Then it became snow again this morning. And as I'm typing this it's still snowing.

I know everyone loves to make fun of southerners for not knowing how to drive in winter weather, but let's take note of a couple things:

(1) Our winter weather down here is much icier than proper snow. We retain warmer ground temps, have warm days with refreezing overnight. Honestly it's a mess.
    (2a) Everyone is on no-season tires. And the tread depth requirements to pass state inspection are truly frightening, if your state even has inspections.
    (2b) Couple that with the people who have bought into the marketing BS of our Lord and Savior AWD (TM) and suddenly you have a populace which thinks they're invincible with their stupid crossovers. They go barreling down the roads like there's nothing wrong, and act surprised when they find out AWD only helps you get moving, and doesn't do shit to help you stop. 90% of them don't clear off a single surface of the car aside from the windshield either, and turn their cars into moving snow blowers.
    (3) Our infrastructure is not set up for this. We don't have enough plows or salt trucks for the whole state. So in order to pre-treat all the roads many of them are treated too early, and the salt/brine is dusted off and washed away before the precipitation arrives. The plows usually only service the state-maintained roads, and the local roads go untouched. What the plows aren't able to removed then melts, pools, and refreezes for the next morning's commute (see 1st bullet).
    (4) Outside the Appalachians, we get 1-2 decent snowfalls/ice storms each year, so very few people ever get enough experience driving in winter weather to develop any sort of proficiency.

/end rant, I'm off to shovel and get some mad shoulder gainzzzzz

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Up north here (MI) we have truck bros who think the black ice is no match for their off road tires...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

So Saturday night/Sunday morning it started snowing.

And it kept snowing.

Yep, cars aren't going anywhere. This carport is awesome, in that it's basically a full-on two car garage with a separate storage room and attic, just without a door.

But...yea it doesn't have a door.

Alternate mode of transportation? Sled team:

Oh wait, sled dogs are supposed to be focused on the task. One of my sled dogs is defective.

No, Tawny's not scowling because she's cold. She's pissed because we stopped playtime to take a picture.

Snow really brings out the youthfulness in Sam. Coming up on 11 and she still acts like a puppy in the white stuff.

Not my best work in Adobe cloning out their leashes, but leashes ruin pictures.

Anyway, then it became freezing rain last night.

Then it became snow again this morning. And as I'm typing this it's still snowing.

I know everyone loves to make fun of southerners for not knowing how to drive in winter weather, but let's take note of a couple things:

(1) Our winter weather down here is much icier than proper snow. We retain warmer ground temps, have warm days with refreezing overnight. Honestly it's a mess.
    (2a) Everyone is on no-season tires. And the tread depth requirements to pass state inspection are truly frightening, if your state even has inspections.
    (2b) Couple that with the people who have bought into the marketing BS of our Lord and Savior AWD (TM) and suddenly you have a populace which thinks they're invincible with their stupid crossovers. They go barreling down the roads like there's nothing wrong, and act surprised when they find out AWD only helps you get moving, and doesn't do shit to help you stop. 90% of them don't clear off a single surface of the car aside from the windshield either, and turn their cars into moving snow blowers.
    (3) Our infrastructure is not set up for this. We don't have enough plows or salt trucks for the whole state. So in order to pre-treat all the roads many of them are treated too early, and the salt/brine is dusted off and washed away before the precipitation arrives. The plows usually only service the state-maintained roads, and the local roads go untouched. What the plows aren't able to removed then melts, pools, and refreezes for the next morning's commute (see 1st bullet).
    (4) Outside the Appalachians, we get 1-2 decent snowfalls/ice storms each year, so very few people ever get enough experience driving in winter weather to develop any sort of proficiency.

I wish it was powdery snow cause then I could use my new stihl blower to blow off the driveway (for fun).. Haha. But completely agree with all of your statements..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    05 Jet Black with NB 6MT ZHP: Current
    05 Alpine White with Beige Auto ZHP: Sold
    04 Alpine White with Grey Auto 325xi: RIP

Damn I wish we got that here... I could of used an extended weekend
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Heh you remembered the time I didn't close them all the way...I wish they had one-touch close like they do one-touch open.
    Coding. I assume you did the switch mod that allows you to engage the second position when closing?

and I think the people who track cars they have payments on are craycray.
    Call me cray then. I tracked my car every single year I had a car payment on it. When you only have one car, you do what you gotta do, because not tracking is not an option.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

damn dude... 17" of snow and then ice? and then snow? that's a big storm for here...

i know it will melt soon, but still - i totally understand about all of your points above. it sucks.

be safe!

(and.....not that it helps, but we've got 1" of snow here, and grass showing in places. the irony... )
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Up north here (MI) we have truck bros who think the black ice is no match for their off road tires...
    “It’s a truck thing, you wouldn’t understand.”

Quote Originally Posted by tomnobes View Post
    I wish it was powdery snow cause then I could use my new stihl blower to blow off the driveway (for fun).. Haha. But completely agree with all of your statements..
    Once you get below the top inch or so it’s still pretty powdery here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Damn I wish we got that here... I could of used an extended weekend
    Dude I wish I could send you some haha

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Coding. I assume you did the switch mod that allows you to engage the second position when closing?

Call me cray then. I tracked my car every single year I had a car payment on it. When you only have one car, you do what you gotta do, because not tracking is not an option.
    I didn’t know you could code the switches! And yes, I’ve rapidly come to learn it’s not an option lol.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    damn dude... 17" of snow and then ice? and then snow? that's a big storm for here...

i know it will melt soon, but still - i totally understand about all of your points above. it sucks.

be safe!

(and.....not that it helps, but we've got 1" of snow here, and grass showing in places. the irony... )
    Officially at the airport they measured 13” as of last night (when I took the measurement picture). That was on top of my trashcan, which is the only place in the yard that’s flat while also not covered by oak canopies, so I felt it was an accurate measurement for my house.

I plan to use what I’m removing from the sidewalk to make some Calvin and Hobbes snow art

Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast