Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnd View Post
    I resynced and got on of the fobs working but the one I never use still isn't working.
    This is your problem. If you don't use it, the key is never in the ignition and doesn't charge, so the battery eventually dies. Try using it for a week and see if that fixes it.
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Part Number: 66126955748
    Cost: $166

Not that bad actually
    $166 is still a lot of money...

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    This is your problem. If you don't use it, the key is never in the ignition and doesn't charge, so the battery eventually dies. Try using it for a week and see if that fixes it.
    Yeah, the fact that my touring sat for over 6 months before I bought it from the PO is why I didn't believe the seller when he said the key needs a new battery. Sure enough, after a week of regular use (30 minutes each way to/from work), the key charged up enough and the fob has been working fine consistently since, over a month now. It does take a while to build up a sufficient charge for the fob to work reliably after a key's been sitting for a long time though.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

When I bought my vert, one of the keys was dead from the PO leaving it in his drawer for 9 years. Key wouldn't function well or charge with regular driving. And following advice here on the forum, I put the key in the ignition with the ignition on overnight and with a battery charger hooked up. Fully charged in the morning, Still didn't work right though, but was clued in about the resync procedure Chris mentioned below and all was solved
    Pete

actually Johnd mentioned the resync
    Pete

resync with link was in this link

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ghlight=resync

See Scotts site
    Pete

I was hoping to find a company that did this as I don't want to mess around with it

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    When I bought my vert, one of the keys was dead from the PO leaving it in his drawer for 9 years. Key wouldn't function well or charge with regular driving. And following advice here on the forum, I put the key in the ignition with the ignition on overnight and with a battery charger hooked up. Fully charged in the morning, Still didn't work right though, but was clued in about the resync procedure Chris mentioned below and all was solved
    So the resync solved your dead battery issue?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

What happened is the wife switch my good key with the bad key on the key ring - apparently if you try using the bad key it screws up the good key and it needs to get synced. So my good key is working again for the most part - still a little flakey (lights didn't flash a few times). The other key definitely doesn't work and if you don't sync them both at the same time the keys will get out of sync. So I want to find a place to send the bad key to have the battery changed.

A previous owner had split open the single key fob I received and apparently messed around with the innards. I sent the key to Scott and he made it new again. I also bought a second key fob and can't remember if I bought it from Scott or elsewhere. I did the synchronization steps and life has been good ever since.
    2004 CiC 6MT Silver Gray (A08) Black Interior 1 of 51 Made
    Intravee - Navigation - Back-up Sensors - Cold Weather Package - Home Link Mirror
    Winter Hardtop, too - A Sweet Ride

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    So the resync solved your dead battery issue?
    Leaving the key in the ignition overnight may or may not have been necessary. But can't hurt. At least it was charged. Since I tried the overnight charge trick before I even attempted the resync, I can't be sure which one was the real fix
    Pete

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast