Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Glad to hear they're a good improvement over the burnt out bowls.

Sorry to hear about the windshield washer fluid leak. I'm sure you can track it down, and shouldn't be too tough of a fix. If it's hoses those are cheap to replace, and if it's the reservoir it can probably be glued in some fashion since it's not under any significant pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Just performed the swap with the refurbished bowls with shades I got from Clemsone46. I am a novice DIYer and was able to complete the swap with reinstallation in about 4 hours. The hardest part for me was figuring out how to remove the actual projector housing, once I discovered it took a bit of force, the 2nd set took 30min tops to perform. I would recommend getting the bowls with the shades and motors attached. Its an additional cost but made the swap so much easier to do. I know this probably isn't a permanent solution but Im hoping to get a year or 2 out of the refurbs. I'll update if anything changes.

The good: MASSIVE difference compared to the burnt bowls. Im running the Osram CBI xenon bulbs as well and Im almost ashamed to drive with this amount of light output and I feel like I'm blinding people. I'm not used to seeing light reflect off signs lol

The bad: Being a novice DIYer, I broke way too many things with my biggest issue being a windshield washer fluid leak caused during the headlight re-install while i was pulling at the lower trim/nozzle. The reservoir completely drained itself in an hour or so. I tend to use my washers quite often so this is very disappointing. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

**I was going to post pics but it keeps failing to upload**
    Also sorry to hear about the breakage of the headlight washer fittings but glad the bowls are performing well. The washer fittings are a bit 'finicky' and the plastic seems to get rather brittle with age. I had this same issue when I first completed the swap on my car and found that a lug bolt (I had some laying around) fit perfectly into the o-ring on the washer fluid reservoir to eliminate the headlight washers temporarily. Simply remove the headlight washer pump from the reservoir and gently thread the lug bolt into it as a temp solution so you can still use your headlight washers.

Max

Taking names for the next round of bowls. PM me if you're interested
    Thanks
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by Clemsone46 View Post
    Taking names for the next round of bowls. PM me if you're interested
    Thanks
    Max
    I could be interested in a set, I've been looking at getting the TRFS kit, but this is a very interesting alternative. What's the cost for these bowl replacements w/ shipping, and also the lead time if ordered this week?
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
    I could be interested in a set, I've been looking at getting the TRFS kit, but this is a very interesting alternative. What's the cost for these bowl replacements w/ shipping, and also the lead time if ordered this week?
    From the original post:
    'I am going to be providing this service for any individuals interested. However, the lead time is lengthy if I don’t have any completed so it will be just 2 or 3 individuals at a time. There will be an included core charge of $30 that will be refunded upon receiving your old bowls (this alleviates individuals having downtime on their cars). Bowls can be sent with or without the auto-leveling motors and shades, new bowls will be sent as requested with or without the shades (shades are an additional $15). The total price will be $240 + $30 core charge + shipping, $270 + shipping if no core provided. Shipping will be done using USPS flat rate boxing in the US ($12 + $3 insurance).'

Lead time is 4-6 weeks, I am taking names to be put onto my master list. No payment is accepted until bowls are ready to be shipped out.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Clemsone46 View Post
    From the original post:
    'I am going to be providing this service for any individuals interested. However, the lead time is lengthy if I don’t have any completed so it will be just 2 or 3 individuals at a time. There will be an included core charge of $30 that will be refunded upon receiving your old bowls (this alleviates individuals having downtime on their cars). Bowls can be sent with or without the auto-leveling motors and shades, new bowls will be sent as requested with or without the shades (shades are an additional $15). The total price will be $240 + $30 core charge + shipping, $270 + shipping if no core provided. Shipping will be done using USPS flat rate boxing in the US ($12 + $3 insurance).'

Lead time is 4-6 weeks, I am taking names to be put onto my master list. No payment is accepted until bowls are ready to be shipped out.

Max
    Oops, I stopped reading at the reviews part, didn't make it down to the nitty gritty detail at the bottom. So all in cost, less the core charge, is $255. Hmm, that's more than expected, I was hoping to be under the $200 mark... Please put my name on the list anyhow, and keep us posted. If by the time your new bowls are ready I haven't already gone with an alternate retrofit, I'll make my final decision then.
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
    Oops, I stopped reading at the reviews part, didn't make it down to the nitty gritty detail at the bottom. So all in cost, less the core charge, is $255. Hmm, that's more than expected, I was hoping to be under the $200 mark... Please put my name on the list anyhow, and keep us posted. If by the time your new bowls are ready I haven't already gone with an alternate retrofit, I'll make my final decision then.
    I've added you to the list.
    Taking names for the next batch of bowls
    PM if interested
    Thanks
    Max

Bowls available for shipment, I have 2 sets without members names on them. PM me if you're interested
    Thanks
    Max

3 sets now available for immediate shipment
    PM if interested
    Max

2 sets available for shipment
    PM if interested
    Max

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast