Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    Thanks for that additional data point. Normally the dealer is not my first choice, but they got it right on 2 separate body repairs paid by the guys who hit me, so that's really the only place I'm confident of the results, and when my Indy also said go to the dealer, I felt validated with my choice. And everyone here confirmed that their quote was reasonable

and.... the older I get, the faster I was.... too funny! I have memories of and have to hold back retelling stories of "he could throw that fastball by you, make you look like a fool" thanks to Bruce Springsteen
    "The older I get, the faster I was" quote was a brain storm of Boris Said and Brian Simo sitting on the deck one day overlooking the Pacific ocean back in 90's. No Fear Inc, was owned by Simo and was a surfing and motocross lifestyle clothing brand that used a lot of these brain storm quotes on their t-shirts. I will always remember that one.

I had my minor fender-bender back bumper repaired and painted for $140, from a prep shop in South Austin.
    The color matches, but wasn't sprayed with the metal flake. It looks brand new.
    Up close, only I can tell the flake isn't there.
    I spent another $100 for a great detail in San Marcos, Texas.
    I should have taken the before and aft pics.
    Out of pocket and not worth making a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by RamTheJam View Post
    I had my minor fender-bender back bumper repaired and painted for $140, from a prep shop in South Austin.
    The color matches, but wasn't sprayed with the metal flake. It looks brand new.
    Up close, only I can tell the flake isn't there.
    I spent another $100 for a great detail in San Marcos, Texas.
    I should have taken the before and aft pics.
    Out of pocket and not worth making a claim.
    RamTheJam … pls post the names of both places. That may come handy some day.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Ok, the time has come. Had my car detailed Thursday, and tomorrow the new bumper goes off to paint at the dealer. So from beautiful and shiny - to noseless. And I count about 40 different fasteners in the the bumper parts kit I also bought, quite a disassembly process.

But here's the final question - what is the mesh screen color supposed to be. Mine sure looks silver but I've heard it should be black. If it's black, I'm attaching it to the bumper and having it painted black with the bumper, if silver, I'll rattle can this myself

Guys - Asking for your inputs please!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    Ok, the time has come. Had my car detailed Thursday, and tomorrow the new bumper goes off to paint at the dealer. So from beautiful and shiny - to noseless. And I count about 40 different fasteners in the the bumper parts kit I also bought, quite a disassembly process.

But here's the final question - what is the mesh screen color supposed to be. Mine sure looks silver but I've heard it should be black. If it's black, I'm attaching it to the bumper and having it painted black with the bumper, if silver, I'll rattle can this myself

Guys - Asking for your inputs please!
    Black

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

thanks San. I was just looking at the 05 Sedan brochure (attached) and it has an Imola ZHP sedan on page 8 with the black grille too. Anyone have the 2005 convertible brochure? I'd love to have a copy of it - not finding it yet on Google
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pete

Black. I replaced mine, check post #4 on my project thread and you can see "before" and "after" pics.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-s-ZHP-Project
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

I would replace both parts of it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

That's right, I failed to replace the part behind the bumper grille. Now I regret it. I believe it's cheap.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

The vert brochure is here. Post #1, then check the 3rd link.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...Owners-Manuals
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast