Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    great looking car. I need to go through my book of all the PO's maintenance records to see exactly when my dampers were changed. Im in need of an alignment after the winter and if the miles call for new dampers ill be ordering a set.

I'm delighted to hear you are happy with your choice, as I had about decided on the same FSD/stock combo and really needed to hear someone else's experience with it. Getting ready to put new rubber on the car but figured I'd do the shocks first and maybe bushings. Mine is a country road that isn't real high on the county's surface quality priority list and it will punish an aggressive driver in a lowered car unless the suspension is super firm. I'll be real satisfied with a new-stock feel and relatively mild alignment - no longer any need for the razor's edge by this graybeard.

Which Koni package for suspension replacement: FSD or Sport?

I’m a little late here and you should be good with the FSDs! I’ve been running the Sports for six or seven years and have been very happy with them. I have the fronts at full firm and the rears in the middle. Roads down here in the south are a lot better and livable with the way I have them set. Would have suggested H&R sports on the Springs. Those would give you about a 1/2” drop. I’m still running the original Springs on mine at 156K.

I do need to check my Sports soon though. Getting old and may need to replace them on lifetime warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

This thread has been great! I too am looking to replace the suspension on my ZHP. Same as OP, don't want a rake or too low. Looks like FSD's and stock springs are the way to go. I'd consider the H&R Sports if its a true 1/2" drop and not more. The stock ZHP suspension is very good, but a tiny bit of drop may not be too bad and certainly help the already great handling of the ZHP.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Like "oh I only want two pieces of cooked bacon to pop out of thin air, not 20, but because my magic is adjustable, I can have 20 at a later time that I desire"-type adjustable magic.
    What kind of logic is that? Bacon from the sky? I will take all. 2 slices of bacon is "just the tip" and I don't play that game anymore. All Bacon, All The Time. If you tune down your bacon allotment, you're suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    What kind of logic is that? Bacon from the sky? I will take all. 2 slices of bacon is "just the tip" and I don't play that game anymore. All Bacon, All The Time. If you tune down your bacon allotment, you're suspect.
    Luv u

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Luv u
    XO

I went with Sports and the stock ZHP springs as part of a suspension refresh. Did a 600 mile trip last weekend and all good. Replaced suspension bits that were all original and unsurprisingly completely trashed at 155k. Still am amazed every once in a while at the extent of PO neglect.

Koni Sports (1/2 turn from full soft) with stock springs here--rides like a cloud on rails (slightly firmer than stock).
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123