Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    My wife can drive shtick, so that makes my life a LOT easier.
    We don't have winter here...only short bouts of cold weather.
    The next car would definitely need some cargo space, but not be an SUV/CUV.
    It would have to be a jack-of-all-trades car.

The ideal choice would've been a V6, SH-AWD, 6-Speed, TSX Sport wagon because Honda fanboy, but they missed the mark on that one...
    That leaves E61 or E39 touring... maybe even a S212 Estate pre-facelift of course.
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    That leaves E61 or E39 touring...
    This is the route I went earlier this month. My options (while keeping it in the BMW family, because that is what I'm familiar with) were: X3 (yuck), E46 touring (unobtanium at a reasonable price [all the facelift ones that were worth getting at the time were over 5k), or a Subaru Outback sport wagon my neighbor was trying to push (needed a head gasket and cat).

The E39 ticked all of the boxes because it's got space (check), NOT an SUV (hate those things - check), automatic (in case of arm/foot injuries, or airport runs, people needing to borrow a car - check), and actually gets decent highway mileage (check). I got 29mpg on the way back from Jersey with it, and average around 24-25mpg combined city/highway driving.

Let's not forget how awesome the E39 touring looks. And it had Style 5's. And already had a spare set of E39 wheels kicking around that I wasn't able to use before ---- until now.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Golf R if it’s within budget. VW have 6yr/72k miles warranty from 2018 onwards which is currently the best offering from a premium (kinda) brand I think.

I don’t think you should be concerned about driving the zhp in the snow with winter tires but if you definitely want AWD then I would pick the Golf R is I were you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is how I'm selling my mother on a Golf R. She's looking to replace her Volvo S40 T5 AWD 6MT. She wants a small, four door, AWD car with a manual transmission. That combo is made by very few manufacturers today.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    This is how I'm selling my mother on a Golf R. She's looking to replace her Volvo S40 T5 AWD 6MT. She wants a small, four door, AWD car with a manual transmission. That combo is made by very few manufacturers today.
    I have also considered a 2017 Gold R. Prices needs to come down though

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Golf R would be a perfect replacement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Awesome that your mother wants a manual!

I guess I should mention (admit?) I did just by my wife a 2018 CPO Outback that she loves. Have not had it out in any nasty stuff yet, but the weather prognosticators say we should get many a chance this winter...

Rarer than a low mileage ZHP, IMO.
    Automatic 330xi’s are way more common and a lot less expensive than ZHP’s.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    Automatic 330xi’s are way more common and a lot less expensive than ZHP’s.
    I think he was talking about low mileage 330xi’s and not 330xi’s in general...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

While I agree that an e46 with a decent set of snow tire is a must for any kind of functionality in the snow, you have to consider the fact that most ZHPmafia car are ZHPs so they are are lowered, and when it comes to ground clearance, 8 inches of snow pretty much nails us to a halt.

Given OP lives in NY, he is not going to be plowing NY streets with his ZHP this winter.

I think you should look at higher clearance cars, an XI, an X3 maybe (that is, if you want to stay true to the brand ).

I went with an audi A6 personally. I regret it a bit. I don't want to fork over >1000$ on winter tires knowing I might sell it in the Spring. I might have a crappy winter driving in the snow.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast