Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I haven't looked into the GAS CCV... does that drain back or do you disassemble to clean/drain? I may revisit the drub box location, I liked how it looked and fit in there. I'm interested to see what you come up with, Michele...

This is how I did mine...

I’ll take pictures once it’s in; I just ordered it with NPT hose and fittings, which should be a little less bulky.

I looked at the GAS CCV; they have a finalized design for forced induction, which they say they’d produce if enough people expressed interest. I’m going to express interest; perhaps you should, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sort of off-topic, but I think my engine has been heating up faster with the GAS CCV.

Quote Originally Posted by MsRN View Post

I looked at the GAS CCV; they have a finalized design for forced induction, which they say they’d produce if enough people expressed interest. I’m going to express interest; perhaps you should, too.
    Hmm... someone needs to post about this in the FI forum on e46f... I'm sure there would be some interest over there... not a lot of FI cars here
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

First, sorry to hear that happened. 2nd, a bit confused, if you go FI no need for CCV, so what is the product?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    First, sorry to hear that happened. 2nd, a bit confused, if you go FI no need for CCV, so what is the product?

John, I’m buying an oil catch can because even with FI the car retains a PCV valve (in the S/C) and a PCV hose between the valve cover and the S/C. My suspicion is that the valve froze up with the ‘mayo’/gunk, causing positive pressure in the crankcase and leading to the valve cover gasket failure. If I can eliminate the gunk before it gets to the PCV valve then the chances of the valve freezing become much lower.

Ah, OK. Thanks for the explanation. Hope it goes well.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Talk Me Down From the Ledge, Please?

John, might be something to think about since you have a TS too. I have mayo in my system and it’s pretty warm here...it’s pretty simple to pull the hose at the PCV and check.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by MsRN View Post
    John, I’m buying an oil catch can because even with FI the car retains a PCV valve (in the S/C) and a PCV hose between the valve cover and the S/C. My suspicion is that the valve froze up with the ‘mayo’/gunk, causing positive pressure in the crankcase and leading to the valve cover gasket failure. If I can eliminate the gunk before it gets to the PCV valve then the chances of the valve freezing become much lower.

can you post a picture of the PCV hose routing on your motor? just thinking about BMW's 'fix' for this on the E90... well, the CCV was inside the valve cover, but they also have a wire heater that wraps around the hoses... perhaps that would be an easy solution here. although that doesn't help you trap any oil condensate and keep it from entering the intake/SC, which is pretty important.
    peter

2005 330iT ZHP | the Growlour

2010 328iT M Sport | smooth operator

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    John, might be something to think about since you have a TS too. I have mayo in my system and it’s pretty warm here...it’s pretty simple to pull the hose at the PCV and check.
    Ok, thx. I will.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    can you post a picture of the PCV hose routing on your motor? just thinking about BMW's 'fix' for this on the E90... well, the CCV was inside the valve cover, but they also have a wire heater that wraps around the hoses... perhaps that would be an easy solution here. although that doesn't help you trap any oil condensate and keep it from entering the intake/SC, which is pretty important.
    Just got over a bad migraine. I’ll take pics this morning.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast