Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Is the ZHP the best daily driver?

I think so... and I have actual criteria.

http://thecarsofralph.blogspot.com

What’s your best daily driver?
    '03 ZHP
    Apex, NC

My ZHP is a garage queen and doesn’t get driven daily. My wife and I both daily-drive 330xi’s—her’s is Steptronic and mine is 6MT. They, I have to say, are the best daily drivers we’ve ever had, and I drive 160 miles every day, so I know. In fact, it’s what makes my commute tolerable—even enjoyable. The AWD is especially useful on Vermont’s winter roads.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

I don't have enough experience to say if it's "the best" yet, but I can say it is the "best so far"

My old car I wanted to be a perfect blend of practically, performance, comfort, efficiency, reliability. It was a modded 92 Accord. The ZHP beats it...stock. Not the reliability part or the efficiency right now. But it's a perfect blank canvas.

I feel that a perfect daily driver is built, much like a perfect race car. It has to suit you and all your quirks and features (sorry Doug). If you need to move the slider toward more performance, do some related mods. If you want more comfort, do the same. Rinse and repeat.

Sent from tequila
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

you and i share the same criteria when it comes to daily drivers. i love my ZHP. But I love it to the point where I really can't figure out how I'm going to replace it with something newer and just as good. It has just enough power to for me to not need any more, does everything is ask it do and i look for reasons to go for a drive. I honestly don't know how I'm going to replace this.

That is the problem. Anything else comparable in design and performance is heavier, more complex, and a bunch more money.
    '03 ZHP
    Apex, NC

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    you and i share the same criteria when it comes to daily drivers. i love my ZHP. But I love it to the point where I really can't figure out how I'm going to replace it with something newer and just as good. It has just enough power to for me to not need any more, does everything is ask it do and i look for reasons to go for a drive. I honestly don't know how I'm going to replace this.
    I couldn't agree more on every point. I don't winter drive mine and agree that a nice 330xi 6MT would be a better choice for that (had one with Sport pkg and LOVED it). For three seasons though, my ZHP is IT!
    Ron ///Man

'06 ZHP Coupe 6sp Sparkling Graphite
    '02 330ci SE46 Racer
    '03 330ci Endurance Racer

Quote Originally Posted by Ron///Man View Post
    I couldn't agree more on every point. I don't winter drive mine and agree that a nice 330xi 6MT would be a better choice for that (had one with Sport pkg and LOVED it). For three seasons though, my ZHP is IT!
    yes I'm leaning towards looking for an xi touring for next years winter duty just so the zhp can sit and stay warm for a few months.

I haven't posted on here in some time however I followed the recommendations of others on this forum by installing Koni FSDs on all 4 corners. They are unbelievably good and considering the really good MPG and now these very nice shocks the car has become an excellent DD.
    1980 320i - Kashmir Metallic - Sold in 1993
    1985 535i - Cosmosblau Metallic - Sold in 1995
    1985 535i - 1985-06 - Delphin Metallic - Sold in 2016
    1983 320i - 1982-09 - Kashmir Metallic - Currently own!
    2004 ZHP - 2003-08 - Titanium Metallic - Currently own!

Well I used to daily my e46 so I thought it was the best at the time. But now I daily my Model 3 and it's a better DD than the e46 lol

I'm curious to know what makes your Model 3 a better DD than your E46. Exactly what E46 did you have?
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast