Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Beautiful inards!
    Thanks! A compliment unique to an automotive forum haha

The guy I got this car from only owned it from 176-184k and didn't have the means to maintain BMW. I haven't pulled a carfax but I suspect that I am the 4th owner and it would appear that owner #1 and #2 maintained it very well.

Well done. Will you replace the headlight lenses ? That would improve the car appearance big time.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thanks Fredo! I replaced the left headlight last night with a used one from eBay. I didn't notice at first but the original one was shattered inside. Today Ill be restoring the lenses on both headlights and readjusting them. Can anyone here with factory Zenon lights tell me what height the headlight cutoff is from 5 feet away? Mine are all sorts of misadjusted so im looking for some sort of baseline.

This morning I took it out for the first drive since all the work Ive posted. She drove perfect! Incredible ride quality, no strange noises, no surprises, just e46 driving bliss. Only thing I hate is the amount of smoke billowing out the tailpipe. The exhaust is soaked with oil inside due to the previous failed PCV and I know its going to take a few hundred miles to it all off. In the meantime just sucks see that oil cloud in the rearview. I feel bad for the people behind me.

Headlights finished. Wash, clay bar, and wax coming up next. Stay tuned!

I missed it but what coil over did you go with?

Nice werk!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by delvin View Post
    I missed it but what coil over did you go with?
    Bilstein PSS. The standard kit, non-adjustable dampening. Really nice ride quality! Easily nice enough for daily driving yet very controlled when it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Nice werk!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thank you kind sir!

Oh man how do you think the cats held up to all that oil??

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Oh man how do you think the cats held up to all that oil??
    So far so good but Im only 50 miles post oil soak. No codes yet and I made sure I got at least 2 drive cycles on in today. That being said....I expect to see CAT codes and primary O2 sensor codes within the next 1000 miles or so. It will be a miracle if they survived!

I have headlamp alignment specs, let me find them and I will post here.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast