Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Putting it back together is the fun part! I thoroughly enjoyed my last engine rebuild.
    Make sure you use plenty of assembly lube and prime the oil pump
    Will do! I'm sure I will enjoy putting it back together. I'm weird like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Engine Replacement

Putting in some elbow grease!

Before:

After (Aluminum Wheel Cleaner and Wire Brush):

Didn't get rid of the carbon but definitely got ride of the aluminum oxide. Looking much better!

Still have a little more work to do to get it all.

2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint

It’s been a while since I’ve done anything, but it’s time to get this finished.

Just ordered my rebuild kit and it should be here on the 12th. $479 for everything in the picture.

I did take the crank in to have them polish it and that should be done on the 10th.

After I get everything in it will be time to put this engine back together. I cannot wait to have my car back on the road!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    Those are the videos I’ve been watching and that’s the same kit that I bought. Those videos are really helpful since there isn’t much out there on rebuilding these engines.

Got an email from the seller of the parts kit and they are short one piston right now. They asked if I wanted just the 5 or if I wanted six .5mm oversized. I said to go ahead and ship the kit one piston short and requested a discount. I’d rather not have to take the block in and have it the bores oversized.

The machine shop is going to take the new pistons and the old ones and balance them out to make a good set of pistons.

Hopefully the kit is here next week. I was hoping I would have it by Friday but that’s just how it goes sometimes.

Just got the crankshaft back from being polished....looks brand new!

Parts have arrived!

I’ll post pics of the parts later this week as it’s hockey night and it’s the playoffs.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast