Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Nice haul! If you decide to swap just the AL reflectors in, I'll happily buy the lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by KendrickC View Post
    That wire's for the battery tender they use for before delivery to a customer. Or some part of that system.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Oh that's interesting. Would be nice to use that for a battery tender now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Nice haul! If you decide to swap just the AL reflectors in, I'll happily buy the lenses.
    I only have one unfortunately. The driver's light was gone. If I can figure out how to swap the reflectors, I'd be happy to sell the lenses. I'm going to go back tomorrow and see what else I can find, including headlights, etc
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

That's an awesome score, and good luck with your build! I'm pretty sure I was actually looking at this car before I scooped up my Touring, haha.

For the rain sensor, I picked one up last year for $15-20 off of eBay (used) so they're not too badly priced.

Also, any pics of the E38?

Great find, congrats on your new acquisition! It's great to see project threads like this where solid cars are saved from aging. Looking forward to further progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplian View Post
    That's an awesome score, and good luck with your build! I'm pretty sure I was actually looking at this car before I scooped up my Touring, haha.

For the rain sensor, I picked one up last year for $15-20 off of eBay (used) so they're not too badly priced.

Also, any pics of the E38?
    Oh god so many pics of the E38.

Every rain sensor I pulled out of JY cars had the same 151 SMD cap rattling around inside. I'm going to take it apart and see if I can resolder it to the circuitry pads. I have a hot air reflow station, so I'll give it a try. I'm afraid that all used rain sensors will suffer from this. And I think they are all the same capacitor that is up next to the heating element on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Great find, congrats on your new acquisition! It's great to see project threads like this where solid cars are saved from aging. Looking forward to further progress.
    Thanks! Sometimes I wish I wasn't so OCD about getting everything perfect and would just drive the thing. But there's an element of fun and pride to it too

The E38. Has 237k miles now. Most of these pics were at 175k. For all the pics I have, I haven't uploaded any in the last 2 years probably. These pics are probably 2 years old. I have since got the proper staggered M-parallels on it, slightly increased the rear ride height after dropping it all around, and completely paint corrected the entire car.

And here's my '85 Mustang my dad bought new, since I never get to show this off. Needs a head gasket at the moment. Has 215k on it. These pics were at various times, all on older cell phones, all at over 170k miles. (My family keeps cars for a looooong time).

'98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

I unfortunately have no appreciation for old muscle, so I don't know if it's a beaut or not, but I admire that you still have an original from new car in your garage.

Your E38 though. I want one now, but in afraid of the maintenance lol

'03 325i 6MT Individual - Estoril Blue

If you can work on these BMWs yourself and don't mind spending the time, then it's manageable. There is nothing like it for the highway.

With FCP for most things, the main big things are the chain guides for the V8s and auto transmission rebuilds when due. The cooling systems have issues but that's easy stuff to fix relatively speaking. I've done it all, minus the transmission rebuild I'm having done now. Can be done if you have a second car.

Good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by racer2086 View Post
    If you can work on these BMWs yourself and don't mind spending the time, then it's manageable. There is nothing like it for the highway.

With FCP for most things, the main big things are the chain guides for the V8s and auto transmission rebuilds when due. The cooling systems have issues but that's easy stuff to fix relatively speaking. I've done it all, minus the transmission rebuild I'm having done now. Can be done if you have a second car.
    Fair. I've done most of the work on my car as it is, and some jobs I helped friends do (like trans swap, diff build etc).

Might have to look into an E38... Once I decide I can swallow the cost of petrol around town

'03 325i 6MT Individual - Estoril Blue

From what I hear in the E38 forum, they have held their value over there in Australia. Here they are worth pennies. But I notice a slight uptick in value lately, especially for well-cared-for vehicles, since they are getting harder to come by

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast