Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2599 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 15992099249925492589259725982599260026012609 ... LastLast
Results 25,981 to 25,990 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    +1. I have exactly same hooks installed on my sedan. I got then off Ebay pretty cheap. I think they are B6 or B7 Audi A4 generation. I used them since similar part from e90 BMW was significantly more expensive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    What do they screw into? Is there a spot on the body for these?

I tried to install my amps this weekend and failed. I’m going to have to pay a metal fabricator. I spent like $40 on hardware so I’m a fool

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Yes - VW/Audi part, a nice addition!
    I used the BMW part in another E46 & E39:
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/82110306544/
    Nice, is there any drilling required with this one as well?

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    +1. I have exactly same hooks installed on my sedan. I got then off Ebay pretty cheap. I think they are B6 or B7 Audi A4 generation. I used them since similar part from e90 BMW was significantly more expensive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, same here - actually I got mine from AliExpress so it was insanely cheap. I recently discovered how cheap stuff is there (how in the world do they even make money, with free shipping?) so non-essential stuff like that comes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post

I tried to install my amps this weekend and failed. I’m going to have to pay a metal fabricator. I spent like $40 on hardware so I’m a fool
    Nope, drilled some holes on the underside of the trunk to get it in. The self-tapping screws I bought were too small, so I drilled + tapped for the included fine-thread screws. Can't torque them up too high or they'll strip, but I snugged it up and gave it a yank, seemed decently solid. I'll probably replace those with larger self-tapping screws, I have those on order.

Also, lol what needs fab'd - assuming we can't just CAD and print a piece?
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Yes, four holes in the older style (pictured below) - three holes for the newer version.

The BMW part appears to be NLA, but the MINI part is the same thing.

BMW - https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...uine-bmw-part/

MINI - https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2...uine-bmw-part/

2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

lol I have those Audi holders too. I took them off to put them on the Tesla then never got around to it

just drill hole into the metal. use rivnuts in the holes (they are rivets with threads in them so you can use screws, can get tool kit for $40 on amazon probabl), then mount them. use some L-brackets if necessary for your amps. I love rivnuts, use them all the time for shit where I can't get to the other side to put a nut on.

Nope, drilled some holes on the underside of the trunk to get it in. The self-tapping screws I bought were too small, so I drilled + tapped for the included fine-thread screws. Can't torque them up too high or they'll strip, but I snugged it up and gave it a yank, seemed decently solid. I'll probably replace those with larger self-tapping screws, I have those on order.
    you should try some rivnuts lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post

you should try some rivnuts lol
    If I was still at my previous position (where I built the scales) I totally would, because I could borrow the tool and "borrow" the nuts. Unfortunately not anymore, but hmm.... good excuse to buy a new tool and kit lol

Also, lol what needs fab'd - assuming we can't just CAD and print a piece?
    My buddy says I should 3d print this too. I have two audio amps and the idrive unit to mount in the left side of the trunk. But the width of Ann these pieces are near equal to the width of that cavity. Each amp is like 6-8lbs. I feel to support that much weight up high (one piece above idrive, 4” high, and the next amp 6.5” high or so. That gives the weight a lot of leverage and force applied to the bottom mounts. Because the space isn’t square, it’s hard to map out a mount to one of the vertical points as well. If you have a design in mind that would be strong enough 3d printed I’m all ears.

Also being over the rear suspension, the forces of quick compression drastically increase the stress on the structure too. I wouldn’t be worried if this was a static mount not in a car.

Happy to help you with CAD if needed!

Received my cheap inflatable lumbar pillow - kinda sucks that the hose is ever so slightly too short (routed through sub-strap hole to under the seat) to reach it and inflate/deflate while driving. Could replace the hose with a longer one, or just set and forget - probably do the latter lol since it's just me

I also realized... the seat cushions are easily removeable, why haven't I tossed them in the laundry yet? Not horribly dirty, but I can, so might as well

My buddy says I should 3d print this too. I have two audio amps and the idrive unit to mount in the left side of the trunk. But the width of Ann these pieces are near equal to the width of that cavity. Each amp is like 6-8lbs. I feel to support that much weight up high (one piece above idrive, 4” high, and the next amp 6.5” high or so. That gives the weight a lot of leverage and force applied to the bottom mounts. Because the space isn’t square, it’s hard to map out a mount to one of the vertical points as well. If you have a design in mind that would be strong enough 3d printed I’m all ears.

Also being over the rear suspension, the forces of quick compression drastically increase the stress on the structure too. I wouldn’t be worried if this was a static mount not in a car.
    is mounting them in the spare wheel area not an option?

I generally use the spare tire as additional storage so I’d prefer not to mount electronics in there

I bought another ZHP more to follow

Page 2599 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 15992099249925492589259725982599260026012609 ... LastLast