Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

For Sale (SOLD): Sprintbooster for auto and M3 Sport Button Console w/heated seats

Hey All,

SPrintbooster is sold!!

Sport Button Console is sold!

-Jay
    Last edited by trancenation; 09-06-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Damn, this is super tempting. Just not in the budget at the moment.

Interested in any trades to help lower the cost a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by TomTomTuning View Post
    Damn, this is super tempting. Just not in the budget at the moment.

Interested in any trades to help lower the cost a bit?
    Hey Tom,

If I were to do trades I would be considering OEM clears set in good condition, OEM M3 Strut Bar, or full set of Zhp wheels with good tires with cash distributed for the right trade. Maybe this won't sell by the time your budget opens up, who knows!

-Jay

I'm starting to think either ECS has their photos switched on these or it's hit or miss between wether it's a 2 or 4 wire plug.

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

That is kinda tempting. Curious, is anyone running the auto version of the sprint booster on a 6MT? I've read that it's ok to do, but is there much of a difference?

From what I understand, there is not much of a difference so it really doesn't matter which one you use, but I don't have hard data on that.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Typically 2 wire Sprint Boosters should be Manual version and 4 wire Auto. This has been debated before and gets confusing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sprint Booster Info:

"CLICK"
    Sprint Booster V2 - (SBM10001S) - 6MT -2 wires
    Sprint Booster V2 - (SBBM0002S) - Auto - 4 wires

The BDD401 is suppose to be for a Manual and the BDD401A is for a Automatic BUT you can use either one apparently. My extensive research on this subject has found that one is just more sensitive than the other. Also Washburn has the BBD401A and he has a Auto but according to ECSTuning it's the Manual version and it works fine. Washburn and I looked into this in detail. We both have Auto's and his is the BDD401A (2 wire) and I have the BBD401 (4 wire) which both work on our Autos. The "A" after the model number mean Auto and also the one they recommend for the "M".

Found This Info:
    They are cross-suitable. The Auto version simply is less sensitive than the manual version as there is no clutch control element to help you keep it under control.
    However, the manufacture recommends fitting an auto SB to a manual car for any driver who finds the manual SB on a manual car a bit too crazy.
    I have done the opposite and fitted a manual SB to my auto. I am used to SB's on my BMW's so I have no issue with controlling it. Alot of people have done the same with BMW's and Mercs from what I have seen on other forums.
    I have never tried an auto SB, but from what the manufacturers themselves claim the auto version just gives less of an increase in sensitivity than the manual version. I guess this may translate to a slower reaction. What I do know is that the SB is quite a simple device, and so it is very hard to imagine it being "clever" enough to do anything other than alter the response time of the throttle.
    It doesn't stop the box from changing at its set point, but as you know, our autos change later in the rev range the harder you are accelerating. So if you keep a light foot you will shift early and if you press hard you will change later. The SB doesn't change this (it can't) but as you are more likely to be under harder acceleration for less pedal travel with the SB, you will notice your shifts do come in later.

http://www.sprintbooster.it/doc/Sprint%20Booster%20Catalogue__02_13(July%202013).p df

This link shows the original version with "NO" mode button. There is no "S" after the model number. "S" = Selectable or Switch version.
    http://www.jrponline.com/downloads/catalogs/sprintbooster.pdf

1. The compatibility of some parts may vary between different markets.
    2. All parts ending with ' A ' (i.e. SBDD451A) are developed for use in Automatic & tiptronic transmission models (DSG…etc)
    3. Manual versions (non 'A' versions) can only be installed in manual models.
    4. In some early models the throttle connector is located in the engine bay
    5. For Mercedes AMG , BMW M Series and highly tuned models we suggest the use of the Auto version
    6. Switches are not universal. They will only work with the specific Sprint Booster in the box. Do not use the same switch in different Sprint Booster part numbers.

(FYI Mini Cooper is the same part number as the BMW's)
    MINI COOPER 2002- ALL ENGINES SBDD401 / SBDD401A
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

For Sale: Sprintbooster for auto and M3 Sport Button Console w/heated seats

Sprintbooster is sold!! M3 Sports Button Console is still available.
    -Jay

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Everything is sold!