Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    They often fail causing the fan to continue to run even with the car off, killing the battery.
    Say whaaaat i never knew that!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Not uncommon issue by any means.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Not uncommon issue by any means.

Well mine failed awhile back too, but i was just getting the irregular fan speeds/unresponsive adjustment. I never discovered the fan running while off!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Well I replaced the FSU about 3 weeks ago and the car still starts after not being driven for 2 weeks - so that is progress

went another 10 days without starting and it turned over on the 1st crank - so the FSR must have been the cause of my battery drain

Johnd - How is your FSR holding up? Any more battery drains? I'm trying to track down a battery drain issue on my daughter's 2004 325ci. She reports no issues with the FSR in terms of fan opperation or speed control. 3 times in the last year she has found the battery dead requiring a jump start. Nothing appartent is being left on causing a drain. After the jump start the car is fine for several months. Before you replaced the FSR was it causing a drain every night or more random in nature?
    Thanks
    Warren

Quote Originally Posted by warrenbrown View Post
    Johnd - How is your FSR holding up? Any more battery drains? I'm trying to track down a battery drain issue on my daughter's 2004 325ci. She reports no issues with the FSR in terms of fan opperation or speed control. 3 times in the last year she has found the battery dead requiring a jump start. Nothing appartent is being left on causing a drain. After the jump start the car is fine for several months. Before you replaced the FSR was it causing a drain every night or more random in nature?
    Thanks
    Warren
    Does she ever experience the electric engine fan running for long periods after stopping the car, or out of nowhere? We had that happening with the '02 325xi - bad resistor pack or whatever it's called on the electric fan unit itself. Replacing the entire fan unit fixed it. FSR symptoms tend to be fan running when you turn off the car or fan speed selector buttons not controlling fan speed.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

My fsr went bad with zero symptoms except for battery drain.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12