PDA

View Full Version : WTB/WTT: Style 135 Rears

Stigissimo
06-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Hiya Errybody. After a quick conversation with my man Evan (E_Rak) I'm considering a square wheel setup. So, If you have style 135 rears that are stock finish and not too shitty and would like to get them off your hands, then I will gladly do business with you. Would greatly prefer to trade for my fronts rather than buying.

Located in the New England area. If you'd like to trade for my fronts, let me know and I'll send you pictures.

Crickett
06-05-2013, 03:22 PM
I just got a set of fronts to go 8" square (I'm weird, I know), so I'm looking for someone who wants a set of rears! I'm in Vegas, though, so shipping might be $$$.

iPhone 5. Tapatalk 2. Aww yeeeah.

Stigissimo
06-05-2013, 04:54 PM
8" square... weird haha. What's your reasoning behind that? And, I'll definitely keep it in the back of my mind. Ideally I'd like to trade fronts for rears instead of buying.

jgt_zhp
06-05-2013, 05:12 PM
8" square... weird haha. What's your reasoning behind that? And, I'll definitely keep it in the back of my mind. Ideally I'd like to trade fronts for rears instead of buying.

When I get my refinished 135s back from the shop, I might be interested in a trade with the rears I'm running now. I would then use all fronts for a winter tire setup.

Stigissimo
06-05-2013, 05:16 PM
sounds like a good deal Jeff. Let me know

jgt_zhp
06-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Will do. There'd obviously be some shipping expense for both of us, but where I'm at - I've got two sets of 135s. The refinished set will be my "summer" wheels. For winter, I've got some choices. Put winter tires on the staggered set, which makes for a pretty pricey snow tire on the rear. Sell the second set of 135s to partially fund a new winter tire/wheel setup (probably cheap 17" rims, probably not that awesome looking, but way cheaper for tires), or if I did this trade, I'd have a square set of 135s which look stock to the casual observer and it saves me some money on tires, since I can run something smaller on the 8" wheel.

I'm hoping my wheels are done this week. I'll be in a position to figure something out after that.

I think it was somebody here who originally suggested when I had two sets of wheels that I split them into square summer and winter sets. But that was when they were all the same color.

Tnhl1989
06-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Yeah I would like a square 8" fronts. Might consider that and have the 135 as my winter/all season set.

I'll be willing to offer up my rears as well. Pending... For the time being.

Crickett
06-05-2013, 09:18 PM

8" is lighter (not by much, but still some), 245s are cheaper (again, not by much, but every bit helps) & I figured I'd have a very easy time finding a set of fronts as most everyone else wants square rears. :biggrin

[snip] Sell the second set of 135s to partially fund a new winter tire/wheel setup (probably cheap 17" rims, probably not that awesome looking, but way cheaper for tires) [snip]

I know *somebody* selling a set of 16" winter wheels (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?9875-FS-Set-of-Four-(4)-Sport-Edition-A7-16-quot-x-7.5-quot-%96-200) . . . even cheaper tires! :shifty

jgt_zhp
06-06-2013, 05:55 PM
8" is lighter (not by much, but still some), 245s are cheaper (again, not by much, but every bit helps) & I figured I'd have a very easy time finding a set of fronts as most everyone else wants square rears. :biggrin

I know *somebody* selling a set of 16" winter wheels (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?9875-FS-Set-of-Four-(4)-Sport-Edition-A7-16-quot-x-7.5-quot-%96-200) . . . even cheaper tires! :shifty

Hmmm.....that's the first 16s I've heard of that would fit over the brakes. Definitely a possibility

Stigissimo
06-07-2013, 05:28 AM
Edit to OP: I would much much prefer to trade for my front wheels rather than buying.

dann320
06-10-2013, 03:04 PM
i have one rear wheel that im trying to trade for one front. great condition. i just posted it. says "Trade 8.5x18 rear zhp wheel!!!! Urgant!! Trade for front!!"
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?10125-Trade-8.5x18-rear-zhp-wheel!!!!-Urgant!!-Trade-for-front!!

dann320
06-10-2013, 03:06 PM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?10125-Trade-8.5x18-rear-zhp-wheel!!!!-Urgant!!-Trade-for-front!! trying to trade for a front.

Spaniard
07-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Hey I am looking for front and rear, exactly the way the wheels would have come on the car from factory. Staggered right? Do you still have them? I am in Salt Lake.
I just got a set of fronts to go 8" square (I'm weird, I know), so I'm looking for someone who wants a set of rears! I'm in Vegas, though, so shipping might be $$$.

iPhone 5. Tapatalk 2. Aww yeeeah.

Crickett
07-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Hey I am looking for front and rear, exactly the way the wheels would have come on the car from factory. Staggered right? Do you still have them? I am in Salt Lake.

I do still have them; still on the car, in fact. (I've been waiting until I sell my winter set before I switch to my 8" squares.) But, to be clear, I only have two, 8.5 x 18" rear wheels available, not a full set of four.

Spaniard
07-29-2013, 08:18 PM
I just started to look since I got my car last week, but I have been having a bit of trouble finding the wheels. I am interested in them, even if it is just the rears. Its just the rears that are staggered right? The fronts that come on our cars are square? You said your in NV?
I do still have them; still on the car, in fact. (I've been waiting until I sell my winter set before I switch to my 8" squares.) But, to be clear, I only have two, 8.5 x 18" rear wheels available, not a full set of four.

Crickett
07-29-2013, 11:45 PM
I just started to look since I got my car last week, but I have been having a bit of trouble finding the wheels. I am interested in them, even if it is just the rears. Its just the rears that are staggered right? The fronts that come on our cars are square? You said your in NV?

Cool; I'll let you know when I'll plan to have them off of the car & ready to ship. And yes, I am in Nevada.

And FYI, the "stagger" in the original setup is that the front wheels are 8" wide & the rear wheels are 8.5" wide. I'm switching to a "square" setup by putting 8"-wide front wheels on all four corners. Many others go "square" with 8.5"-wide rear wheels on all four corners.

Spaniard
07-31-2013, 09:04 PM
Thanks, I was a little confused with that, but now it makes sense. And alright that sounds good. I'll let you know if I end up picking a full set up before then.
Cool; I'll let you know when I'll plan to have them off of the car & ready to ship. And yes, I am in Nevada.

And FYI, the "stagger" in the original setup is that the front wheels are 8" wide & the rear wheels are 8.5" wide. I'm switching to a "square" setup by putting 8"-wide front wheels on all four corners. Many others go "square" with 8.5"-wide rear wheels on all four corners.

seabassx
08-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Rather than post a new thread, does anyone know what a set of good condition 135s go for (for the original, staggered setup)? I'm thinking of buying a second set of wheels for winter and would like to keep the same look.

Avetiso
08-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Rather than post a new thread, does anyone know what a set of good condition 135s go for (for the original, staggered setup)? I'm thinking of buying a second set of wheels for winter and would like to keep the same look.

500-900 depending on condition. 600-700 average. It's possible to find a good deal, though.

Sent from a junkyard via GS4.

ELCID86
08-07-2013, 09:16 AM
I think there are a lot on eBay and CL.

ELCID86
08-07-2013, 09:18 AM
What about these: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?10668-For-Sale.-BMW-BBS-OEM-style-68-s.-Full-Staggered-set.-350-OBO
(not 135, but good price and look)

ELCID86
08-07-2013, 09:41 AM
http://onslow.craigslist.org/pts/3984321015.html

jgt_zhp
08-07-2013, 09:45 AM
I have a set of 135s I'm thinking about selling. Not perfect, but would be great for winter set, which is what I'll use them for if I keep them

seabassx
08-07-2013, 10:28 AM
I was thinking 135s would have the upside of also letting me go to square 18x8.5 summer and square 18x8 winter, should I so choose. There's actually a set near me for $800, if only the guy would answer his email.