View Full Version : PedalBox and SprintBooster!

WOLFN8TR
06-05-2013, 02:42 PM
PedalBox like the SprintBooster except 18 Settings!

http://www.pedalbox.com/en

http://www.twmperformance.com/pedalbox/bmw-pedalbox.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAN7aRqT0B0&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HQMu915mmk

The PedalBox, a revolutionary, 3rd generation, throttle control signal amplifier, produced and developed by DTE Systems GmbH of Germany, eliminates throttle lag that most cars suffer from in stock as well as in modified engine configurations. Newer cars are plagued by drive by wire systems which inefficiently control the signal from your car’s throttle body. The PedalBox works by taking the signal from the pedal and modifying it to an efficient signal setting you choose. PedalBox features three driving modes: Sport, Sport+, and Eco mode. Each of which have their own range of customization settings, 18 in all. This allows you to finely tune your BMW accelerator signal in accordance to your personal driving preferences.

Features:
-3rd Generation Technology;
-Increased, precise, throttle response, more power, faster!;
-Eliminates throttle response delays;
-Car responds in approximately half the time at low rpm;
-Acceleration delay in third and fourth gear equal zero;
-Maintains power throughout the entire gear change cycle;
-Easier Overtaking in all gears;
-Plug-n-Play less than 15 minute install;
-Improved fuel consumption in Eco Mode;
-Reliable EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) cover over the housing;
-TÜV approved, German Autobahn Certified;
-Three modes with six levels of customization, 18 levels in all,
each for, on the fly, throttle MAP (Mass Air Pressure) switching;
-Each programmed for the individual car make/model;
-Further individual customization capable controller;
-Made in Germany Quality;
-Manual as well as Automatic transmission compatible;
-Glass fiber reinforced to provide heat resistance;
-Can be used on both a tuned as well as stock configurations.

Included in the Box:
-PedalBox System;
-PedalBox Manual;
-2 reusable Velcro zip ties for tucking wires;
-Adhesive Velcro for mounting.

$300.00

danewilson77
06-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Looks cool. And just as a reminder, you can use their eBay store and use the affiliate link if you want. Just an idea :dunno

johnrando
06-05-2013, 03:03 PM
18 settings? Wow. Not sure I'd need that many but intrigued.

WOLFN8TR
06-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Why don't they make the Keypad Digital or something Cool? :dunno

Tnhl1989
06-05-2013, 03:26 PM
I wonder if the sport button mod would still work....

wsmeyer
06-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Very intrigued. I know I shouldn't assume but with 18 settings they can't all just be amplification. They must have some that use variable amplification, ie output curves. That's what I want so you can get off throttle fast but still not have the dead travel at the end.

Washburn
06-05-2013, 03:48 PM
To me it sounds like there are variations/customizations WITHIN each of the 3 main modes (sp, sp+, eco) , and that makes up the 18 various modes.

PedalBox features three driving modes: Sport, Sport+, and Eco mode. Each of which have their own range of customization settings, 18 in all.

wsmeyer
06-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Bingo:

http://www.pedalboxusa.com/images/lightboxImages/large_images/pedalbox_large005.jpg

This is exactly what I want!

Ordering one tonight

wsmeyer
06-05-2013, 04:09 PM
For comparison, this is what the SprintBooster does and why I personally don't like it:

http://www.sprintboostersales.com/images/graph.jpg

WOLFN8TR
06-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Wow that was Fast.

Looking forward to a review!

Gary

Johal E32
06-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Looks awesome. But, I prefer good ol' throttle cables :shift

johnrando
06-05-2013, 06:42 PM
William, that's the old SB with only 2 modes. The new one has 3, off, mild, full (or whatever). Regardless, let us know how you like the new toy! :thumbsup

Avetiso
06-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Also looking for a review. Sounds like a great alternative.

ryankokesh
06-06-2013, 05:04 AM
My birthday's in about a week...who's gonna buy this for me?? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webster
06-06-2013, 10:59 AM
looks sweet. in for review before i buy one tho. i could prob sell my SB and break even.

johnrando
06-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Curious why you'd sell your SB Wes. Do you think you'd use that much adjust-ability or is it something else?

wsmeyer
06-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Mines in the mail and should be arriving Monday

danewilson77
06-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Curious why you'd sell your SB Wes. Do you think you'd use that much adjust-ability or is it something else?

He doesn't like the throttle response curve of the SB.

WOLFN8TR
06-06-2013, 02:21 PM
What curve? Drive like I do...LoL.

az3579
06-06-2013, 02:31 PM
This might be right up my alley. I drove a car with Sprint Booster and it was significantly better than stock and wanted to buy one, but I wasn't 100% happy with the way it drove. I think this will be a much better solution for me personally.

We'll find out sooner or later... when I have the dough I'm ordering one.

ryankokesh
06-06-2013, 08:06 PM
+1. I'm not holding my breath on the 'having the dough' part though :/

webster
06-07-2013, 10:17 AM

He doesn't like the throttle response curve of the SB.

bingo. overall i do like the SB, particularly how it improves the initial 25% of pedal travel-to-throttle response, but as the curve above illustrates, once you mash the thing to the floor, it hits that flat "dead zone" that is still annoying. and the customization settings would be fun to play with for us car nerds.

wsmeyer
06-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Pedalbox!

Hopefully I'll have time to install this evening

kayger12
06-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Pedalbox!

Hopefully I'll have time to install this evening

In for review!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WOLFN8TR
06-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Nice! Interested to see how you like it.

johnrando
06-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Let me know what time, I'll stop by if you don't mind (as long as it's not during the NBA Finals starting at 6 :) )

wsmeyer
06-09-2013, 04:25 PM
I only had a chance to drive with it for about 10 minutes today but it does exactly what I hoped it would.

It does very little at the beginning of the pedal travel so it doesn't feel too sensitive during parking or stop and go traffic, it really doesn't feel much different than without. Press the pedal a little farther though and the engine springs to life much faster and gives the feel of much better throttle response. The best part though is that you can fine tune the two settings so that the amplification curve becomes linear where YOU normally drive. For me that was SPORT+ with -2 adjustment.

I'll post this picture again and use it to try and explain how it feels

http://www.pedalboxusa.com/images/lightboxImages/large_images/pedalbox_large005.jpg

Imagine that the red line is what the speed of my pedal movement would look like WITHOUT the pedalbox. I push the pedal down slowly as I'm releasing the clutch, then after fully releasing the clutch pedal I'm pushing it down faster as I'm accelerating up to my driving speed, than slowly modulating the pedal as needed.

Now, with the pedalbox, I'm pushing the pedal down linearly and the pedalbox is tweaking the output signal to mimic the red curve.

What you end up with is a completely natural feeling accelerator pedal with no excess sensitivity during parking and stop and go traffic, no dead travel at the end, and an engine that seems much more responsive.

328ioc
06-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Great write up.

So who is going to try and wire this up to a sport button.....

Also can you post pics of the install at your convenience.

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JupiterBMW
06-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Great write up.

So who is going to try and wire this up to a sport button.....

Also can you post pics of the install

Thanks.

All of this...

at your convenience.

Without any of this... :rofl

No seriously, very excited to see more about this mod.

Avetiso
06-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Good info. Looks a like a nice mod to have.

webster
06-10-2013, 11:29 AM
yes any install pics/info would be appresh'd. assuming it's the same as SB but would like confirmation.

wsmeyer
06-11-2013, 08:52 PM
The install is exactly the same as the SprintBooster. There's a white tab on the side of the accelerator pedal assembly. Push that down with a screwdriver and slide the assembly to the left and off the mount. Unplug the wire, plug the PB /SB into the two connectors and your done.

Right now the wires are just dangling. I'm still thinking of what I want to do as far as mounting it / modding it and also am going to try it in our X5.

You definitely could do the SPORT button mod it would just take a bigger commitment as you would have to cut the PB apart. Now that I have found the settings best suited for me I don't feel much need to mess with it and will probably just hide it somewhere

JupiterBMW
06-12-2013, 03:15 AM
But you're still going to look into the sport button mod for others (me) right? :shifty

:biggrin

wsmeyer
06-12-2013, 07:08 AM
But you're still going to look into the sport button mod for others (me) right? :shifty

We'll have plenty of time when you come out here a week early to work on cars

JupiterBMW
06-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Hah, bad news... I'm flying to WA to get on the ship this time. I actually head back that way in about 2 weeks, so pretty soon I'll be back your way. I'll be in LB for a bit, but unfortunately just a night off here and there... We'll figure something out though, gotta meet your new little guy!

wsmeyer
06-12-2013, 07:41 AM
...gotta meet your new little guy!

Are you talking about Charlie or the PedalBox

:rofl

328ioc
06-12-2013, 08:12 AM

I wouldn't mind someone who is good with electronics looking into this for me as well.

wsmeyer
06-12-2013, 09:01 AM
Here's what it looks like and what you'd be up against for the SPORT button mod:

That thing was not meant to be taken apart. I have no doubt if you did cut it open the mod itself would be very similar to the SB but someone else is going to have to be the guinea pig.

Tnhl1989
06-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Of course I would be up for the task if I was not already getting the head unit :p

johnrando
06-12-2013, 09:28 AM
What I did with my SB was to buy a 2nd switch (for $25) and let that be the test unit. If it got messed up, NP as I could just put the original switch back on. Plus, you really don't HAVE to have a switch if you find a setting you like, you can just set it there and leave it. My wife did not like driving my car on red at all, so thankfully I have the SB mod to switch things. Guessing the PB switch is removable?

cakM3
06-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Here's what it looks like and what you'd be up against for the SPORT button mod:

That thing was not meant to be taken apart. I have no doubt if you did cut it open the mod itself would be very similar to the SB but someone else is going to have to be the guinea pig.

Looking at the control box for PedalBox, I don't think you will be able to configure the sport button to fully work like you can using Sprint Booster. The top portion yes, but the sensitivity part on the bottom, no. Sport button works like a toggle switch allowing you to choose modes, not sensitivity. If I had PedalBox, I wouldn't take that apart. I would just find a location where I can mount the button stalk part and leave it at that.

johnrando
06-12-2013, 10:02 AM
Well then, SB FTW! :) I'm not sophisticated enough for specialized dials anyway. :biggrin

wsmeyer
06-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Guessing the PB switch is removable?

No, that's the whole unit.

Looking at the control box for PedalBox, I don't think you will be able to configure the sport button to fully work like you can using Sprint Booster. The top portion yes, but the sensitivity part on the bottom, no. Sport button works like a toggle switch allowing you to choose modes, not sensitivity. If I had PedalBox, I wouldn't take that apart. I would just find a location where I can mount the button stalk part and leave it at that.

True, the top button toggles through the four settings; OFF, Sport, Sport+, Econo. The lower two buttons tweaks each mode; -3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2, +3. Once you tweak each mode the way you want you could then just use the SPORT button mod to toggle between the 4 modes. You'd just need to figure out a way to get a third LED in there.

JupiterBMW
06-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Yeah Charlie, I think you're definitely correct on that. I don't think I'd care to adjust the sensitivity on each mode... Once I got it where I liked, I'd just want to be able to turn it off/on or at least adjust between the three modes... And again, that'd be once in a while, just for the effect of being able to press the sport button and getting a boost in performance... Will have to look more into this. :shifty

Crickett
06-12-2013, 02:35 PM
You'd just need to figure out a way to get a third LED in there.

That'd be very tough; two barely fit! What you might be able to do is wire up the switch to light a red LED at two different intensities for Sport & Sport+ & a green LED for Eco.

No clue if you'd be able to do anything about the sensitivity button (I'm thinking no).

EDIT: It'd take a lot more fabricating / modification of the button row, but you could hack up a pair of seat heater buttons to operate the two PB switches & LEDs. The biggest problem is that you'd probably want the two buttons next to each other; you could possibly have a "sport" button operate the mode switching (as described above) & extensively modify the button housing to place a seat heater button & its 3 LEDs to the right of it . . .

JupiterBMW
06-12-2013, 03:20 PM
That'd be very tough; two barely fit! What you might be able to do is wire up the switch to light a red LED at two different intensities for Sport & Sport+ & a green LED for Eco.

No clue if you'd be able to do anything about the sensitivity button (I'm thinking no).

EDIT: It'd take a lot more fabricating / modification of the button row, but you could hack up a pair of seat heater buttons to operate the two PB switches & LEDs. The biggest problem is that you'd probably want the two buttons next to each other; you could possibly have a "sport" button operate the mode switching (as described above) & extensively modify the button housing to place a seat heater button & its 3 LEDs to the right of it . . .

Damn you CRAY!

wsmeyer
06-12-2013, 03:52 PM

You can get LED's as small as you want. If I do decide to do it I would use the driver side heated seat button and mod it so that:

Ignition ON engine OFF --> PedalBox
Ignition ON engine ON --> Heated seat

IT would be like secret stealth mode

Crickett
06-12-2013, 04:20 PM
You can get LED's as small as you want. If I do decide to do it I would use the driver side heated seat button and mod it so that:

Ignition ON engine OFF --> PedalBox
Ignition ON engine ON --> Heated seat

IT would be like secret stealth mode

Oooooh, clever idea!! :pimp

johnrando
06-12-2013, 04:28 PM
That would be cool. Def wldn't want to lose heated seats.

Tnhl1989
06-12-2013, 04:55 PM
I would personally add another button to the special center console switch panel :)

328ioc
06-12-2013, 05:42 PM
For those with a roof you could always get a button panel for a vert....wipe the white paint off of it with alcohol. then wire the "blank" button for eco and the sport button for the sport. Or even re label it "eco" lol

az3579
06-12-2013, 05:44 PM
I have a novel idea. How about just mounting the included remote somewhere not visible and just using that? :p

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

johnrando
06-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Cuz this is so much cooler and OEMish :)

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc481/johnrando/2012-08-18121621.jpg (http://s1214.photobucket.com/user/johnrando/media/2012-08-18121621.jpg.html)

Crickett
06-12-2013, 05:56 PM
For those with a roof you could always get a button panel for a vert....wipe the white paint off of it with alcohol. then wire the "blank" button for eco and the sport button for the sport. Or even re label it "eco" lol

Y'know, you might be on to something!

http://tcholo.net/images/bmw/E46vertButtons.jpg

I never noticed the extra LED assembly between the two convertible top buttons; you could replace one of the buttons with the sport button (w/its own, integrated LED) to operate the mode switch, & wire up the non-LED'd vert button (relabled something appropriate) & the LEDs between the buttons to operate the adjustments . . .

I have a novel idea. How about just mounting the included remote somewhere not visible and just using that? :p

Pssshh, where's the fun in that?? :P

UdubBadger
06-12-2013, 06:43 PM
My birthday's in about a week...who's gonna buy this for me?? :D

:shifty

ryankokesh
06-13-2013, 05:20 AM
I feel like that was a legitimate question...

JupiterBMW
06-13-2013, 09:11 AM

Well, that'd ALMOST work except the 'white paint' isn't that... Notice how these switches light up? The white part is opaque so that you get the illumination at night. I like the idea of using the vert panel as it has the extra LEDs, but I wonder if you could then just pop sport buttons into each spot? Or get a regular panel and pop two sport buttons? Left one for mode, right one for adjustment?? Heck, I dunno...

Boooooooorrrriiiiiing! :biggrin

Cuz this is so much cooler and OEMish :)

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc481/johnrando/2012-08-18121621.jpg (http://s1214.photobucket.com/user/johnrando/media/2012-08-18121621.jpg.html)

Showoff!!

:shifty

I feel like that was a legitimate question...

I swear, you two are secretly married... :facepalm

328ioc
06-13-2013, 09:19 AM
Well, that'd ALMOST work except the 'white paint' isn't that... Notice how these switches light up? The white part is opaque so that you get the illumination at night. I like the idea of using the vert panel as it has the extra LEDs, but I wonder if you could then just pop sport buttons into each spot? Or get a regular panel and pop two sport buttons? Left one for mode, right one for adjustment?? Heck, I dunno...

Boooooooorrrriiiiiing! :biggrin

Showoff!!

I swear, you two are secretly married... :facepalm

Shit didn't think of that. Well swapping the buttons could work.

Looks like we are all vetting closer to a solution. Now someone just needs to attempt it.

wsmeyer
06-13-2013, 09:52 AM
For full functionality you would need THREE buttons and SIX LED's.

There's actually only one VERT switch, it is double wide with two buttons and two LED's in between.

Heated seat switch is perfect for just mode switching but the LED holes are in the panel itself so you'd end up with driver and passenger buttons if you don't have heated seats already.

Cabrio330
06-17-2013, 04:59 AM
Looks cool. And just as a reminder, you can use their eBay store and use the affiliate link if you want. Just an idea :dunno

For those of us who are newly back into the ZHP fold and are considering this item, can you be more specific about how to do this, for this product and any/all affiliates? Thanks!

johnrando
06-17-2013, 06:30 AM
Click on the affiliates link at the top of the site. It will take you to all the affiliates. (I've also included it here). When you want to go to a site, just click on the affiliate link first. It takes you to the same site as you would on your own, but now zhpmafia would get credit, which will in turn help pay to run the site.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?229-List-of-Affiliate-Advertisers-at-ZHP-Mafia

Cabrio330
06-17-2013, 06:55 AM
Yes, I checked the affiliates link and did not see a link for either PedalBox or TWMPerformance. So should I just use the Ebay link on the affiliates page? If I do that and then search for Pedalbox, I get an extensive list of hits that appear to be from a variety of sellers. So I searched for TWMPerformance and found a BMW pedalbox listing for them. I will use that, and hopefully that will give the appropriate credit/commission to ZHPMafia.

johnrando
06-17-2013, 06:58 AM
Yes, they are not an affiliate, so you'd need to go through the ebay link, as ebay is. Thanks for asking/checking.

danewilson77
06-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Yes, I checked the affiliates link and did not see a link for either PedalBox or TWMPerformance. So should I just use the Ebay link on the affiliates page? If I do that and then search for Pedalbox, I get an extensive list of hits that appear to be from a variety of sellers. So I searched for TWMPerformance and found a BMW pedalbox listing for them. I will use that, and hopefully that will give the appropriate credit/commission to ZHPMafia.

You can use the deal of the day link for ebay, then search "Pedalbox".

I would throw the link in here for you but I'm on my phone.

HTC DNA ON TT4 BETA, WILLIAMSBURG, VA

RITmusic2k
06-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Also available for a little less moolah via amazon stores (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pedalbox)

Cabrio330
06-20-2013, 05:46 AM
I have ordered this via Ebay from TWM Performance and will report back with observations.

WOLFN8TR
07-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Feedback...

Cabrio330
07-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Oops! Haven't had a chance to install it yet! But will definitely report back as soon as I can!

Cabrio330
08-05-2013, 04:36 AM
Finally got some seat time with the PedalBox installed and I love it! It performs pretty much like the graphs in this thread would suggest. I was worried that it might make the pedal too sensitive but that isn't the case at all, even in Sport+ mode. Most of my time was spent in Sport mode, so I will try more time in Sport+ next weekend. I didn't notice much difference using the + and - settings, and I expect one would need to test each setting across the exact same course to spot the differences. My routes were all over town, so I didn't get a chance to really isolate the + and - changes.

I couldn't find a good logical place to stick the control unit with the Velcro mount, so for now I tuck it in between the driver seat and center console. Will probably leave it there - I like stealth!

az3579
08-06-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm having such a hard time finding a decent video of this unit on YouTube in a BMW. The only video I found was a demonstration of how much the revs rise when you press the button with a steady pedal, which is useless to me.

Could you pleeeeeeease post a video of the actual pedal response? Like, from the moment you touch the pedal, how soon do the revs rise? I can completely floor mine right now and let off the pedal before the revs even start to rise; it's truly ridiculous, making perfectly smooth rev-matching extremely challenging.

Pleeeeeeeease??? :)

johnrando
08-06-2013, 07:22 PM
BP, it's likely not easy to really capture the benefit of this on video. But, from what you are describing, this is exactly why they invented this and the SB, so you should just take the leap of faith and get one. Or, drive Charlie's now that he has it to see the difference.

Cabrio330
08-07-2013, 03:35 AM
I'm having such a hard time finding a decent video of this unit on YouTube in a BMW. The only video I found was a demonstration of how much the revs rise when you press the button with a steady pedal, which is useless to me.

Could you pleeeeeeease post a video of the actual pedal response? Like, from the moment you touch the pedal, how soon do the revs rise? I can completely floor mine right now and let off the pedal before the revs even start to rise; it's truly ridiculous, making perfectly smooth rev-matching extremely challenging.

Pleeeeeeeease??? :)

As Johnrando said, I don't know how to capture the response on a video. The graphs and the description I and others have given - that of a more linear and instant response - captures it pretty well. I can add one more observation - after driving with the PedalBox in the Sport or Sport+ modes for a few days, driving with it off quickly reminds me that this was a good purchase for me!

QC_ZHP
08-07-2013, 07:15 AM
If I can think of a savvy way to mount/hide the remote, I'm jumping on this. The throttle response is my biggest issue with my car.

az3579
08-07-2013, 02:00 PM
If I can think of a savvy way to mount/hide the remote, I'm jumping on this. The throttle response is my biggest issue with my car.

Throttle response is enough of an issue where mounting the thing should only cross your mind once purchased. :)

QC_ZHP
08-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Throttle response is enough of an issue where mounting the thing should only cross your mind once purchased. :)

You're a bad influence. I need to get on top of the cooling system first.

To those who have it, can you give me the dimensions on the remote?

cakM3
08-08-2013, 02:31 AM
BP, it's likely not easy to really capture the benefit of this on video. But, from what you are describing, this is exactly why they invented this and the SB, so you should just take the leap of faith and get one. Or, drive Charlie's now that he has it to see the difference.

John, BP has already driven my ZHP w/ Sprint Booster....

johnrando
08-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Oh! Now that I think if it, I thought so. His other post made it seem like he was looking to see the difference one made so I thought maybe he hadn't. BP, curious what you wanted the video for.

az3579
08-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Oh! Now that I think if it, I thought so. His other post made it seem like he was looking to see the difference one made so I thought maybe he hadn't. BP, curious what you wanted the video for.

I wanted the video to see what the difference in lag is between the time you press the pedal to the time the revs actually rise.
I want to see something on the PedalBox because it is not the same result as the SprintBooster, based on their claims. If their claims are true, the PedalBox is supposed to be as close to a throttle cable as you can get, which is what I want. I don't want the dead zone of the Sprint Booster where at the top of the pedal travel there is no more response. I want as much fine tuning potential with my right foot as possible, and it needs to be predictable.

So, since I haven't tried the PedalBox in anyone's car yet, and I can't find any videos on it, I'm stuck. I don't want to end up purchasing it, being disappointed, and then realizing I could have gone the SprintBooster route with a Sport button retrofit, which is a lot more OEM. I would go this route if the PB doesn't live up to my expectation. I just can't find anyone who can make a video of it showing the pedal blip response. :(

johnrando
08-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Ah I see. I think William wsmeyer went Pedalbox, you might want to ping him. Too bad I just saw this response, as I was literally just over there an hour ago.

wsmeyer
08-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Ah I see. I think William wsmeyer went Pedalbox, you might want to ping him. Too bad I just saw this response, as I was literally just over there an hour ago.

I saw this thread and I might be able to get a video of it this weekend. The pedalbox is currently in the wife's X5 but I've been meaning to swap it back anyway. Not sure how beneficial a video is going to be though. Maybe if I video the gas pedal and then you can hear the engine rev.

A comparison directly between the two would be the most valuable to other members. If you're willing to do it and find someone to loan you a SprintBooster I'll loan you my pedalbox.

WOLFN8TR
08-09-2013, 07:30 PM
I tried doing a video when I first got my Sprint Booster, it's really difficult to show the response time of the pedal vs Tach.

az3579
08-10-2013, 07:47 AM
If the video can capture sound easily, then a tach view isn't needed. The sound would more than suffice to gauge the response.

If someone is able to do this, I would soooooo appreciate it!! :)

MrMaico
08-12-2013, 03:03 PM
I just installed my PedalBox........I like it! I was one of those that was always a bit skeptical of the SprintBooster, thinking all you have to do is press the pedal farther if you want to go faster, but after reading so many of you say how much you liked the SB, I had to give it a try. It really does give the impression of more power and just so much quicker throttle response. I will take a bit of getting used to while going through the gears, I only went for a short drive so far. I can see myself using a bit more fuel, at least for a while until some of the novelty wears off. :-)

I do have one complaint though......they could have given you a little more cable to work with so you'd have more options on mounting the controller. It only reaches about to the shifter.

Barry

WOLFN8TR
07-25-2014, 04:12 PM
Bump...

Dave1027
07-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Gary, I might be wrong but I think these throttle mod things could be a waste of money on an AT car.

WOLFN8TR
07-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Gary, I might be wrong but I think these throttle mod things could be a waste of money on an AT car.

Honestly it's one of the best Mods I have done to my AT ZHP. Several of us have done these but using the Sprint Booster with the Mode button "Version 2" and love it! John had William modify a Sprint Booster and integrate it into a Sport button panel and it's works great, see link below! You have 3 modes to select from at the center panel. William did one for my ZHP as well. It really makes the ZHP pedal feel like it should of from the factory, it took the delay out of the gas pedal.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?7679-SprintBooster-button-gt-gt-M3-SPORT-Button-mod-doityourself

wsmeyer
07-26-2014, 11:12 AM
A little over a year with it and still love it. I have one on the ZHP and one on the X5. The X5 I use economy mode, in that mode it seems to just effect the off idle response which is all I want on that car.

johnrando
07-26-2014, 09:01 PM
I have the SB on my STEP and absolutely love it, especially with the sport button mod.

oldzilla
07-27-2014, 06:00 AM
I have the SB on my STEP and absolutely love it, especially with the sport button mod.

I did enjoy it, makes a difference.

WOLFN8TR
07-27-2014, 07:28 AM
Yesterday I went for ice cream with my daughter and for the first time I switched the Sprint Booster from Green to Off. What a difference!! The cars feels like it needs a major tune up. Back to Green. :headbang

johnrando
07-27-2014, 08:29 PM
I did enjoy it, makes a difference.
:like
And Gary, for sure.

ryankokesh
07-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Really want to try one of these...

Sent from my iPhone

Raptorman5174
09-15-2014, 07:40 PM
I got one hooked up to my car, hands down one of the best mods I ever done, bang for the buck and easy of installation.

OtterEffect
09-16-2014, 12:30 AM
Torn between the OEM-ification that can be done with the the SB/sport button an the more "accurate" feel of the pedal box. I'd really love to try either. Did anyone ever get around to making a video? I could definitely make one, only problem is I have neither a pedal box or SB :(

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

johnrando
09-17-2014, 06:29 AM
Not sure what you mean... a video of what? You can't really "see" the results but you sure feel them when pressing the accelerator. I can post a pic of what my sport button mod looks like. But if you don't do that, then you just have a switch with a cable that you stick under your dash, and I'm guessing the PB is the same thing. If you really want fine tuned adjust-ability then PB is they way you want to go. But with 3 settings (off, med, high) the SB is fine.

az3579
09-17-2014, 06:56 AM
If anything, a video can be taken showing the difference between the time you put your pedal down and the time it takes for the throttle to actually actuate.

I've been dying to see a video of this "throttle response" but all anyone posts is videos that show how much the revs go up with a certain amount of throttle. If someone can make a video showing (in real time) the throttle being blipped and the correlation between when that's pressed and when the revs actually rise, I'd greatly appreciate it!

ELCID86
09-17-2014, 08:52 AM
+1 (and I want to drive your car and try it!)

az3579
09-17-2014, 11:45 AM
+1 (and I want to drive your car and try it!)

You can drive mine next year when I get it. :)
I'm hoping the PedalBox will provide the linear throttle response I'm looking for, which the SprintBooster fails to do. All the SprintBooster does is amplify and leave a dead zone towards the end. :(

OtterEffect
09-17-2014, 06:05 PM
If anything, a video can be taken showing the difference between the time you put your pedal down and the time it takes for the throttle to actually actuate.

This is exactly what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear!

webster
09-17-2014, 06:10 PM
I think I'm gonna get a pedal box and sell my sb

wsmeyer
09-17-2014, 06:15 PM
I think I'm gonna get a pedal box and sell my sb

Looking forward to a comparison

webster
09-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Pulled the trigger on the PB. should be here next week

Rovert
09-20-2014, 03:39 PM
I take it, this is the similar to the sport button in an ///M3? I measured the throttle value via OBDII to my phone and the amount of throttle was significantly more than with sport button off. You can do the same if any of you have OBDII connection to your phone/tablet with an app that can show throttle position. Take a reading with the car off at a certain amount of throttle then take a read after hitting the magic button. :)

Avetiso
09-20-2014, 10:12 PM
I take it, this is the similar to the sport button in an ///M3? I measured the throttle value via OBDII to my phone and the amount of throttle was significantly more than with sport button off. You can do the same if any of you have OBDII connection to your phone/tablet with an app that can show throttle position. Take a reading with the car off at a certain amount of throttle then take a read after hitting the magic button. :)
My M3 has one of these if you wanna know what it's like.

az3579
09-21-2014, 05:13 AM
My M3 has one of these if you wanna know what it's like.

He knows what it's like... He has an M3. :rofl

Avetiso
09-21-2014, 08:24 AM
He knows what it's like... He has an M3. :rofl

Lol when I get I can tell him. :p

webster
09-24-2014, 11:53 AM
Pedal box arrived. Gonna put it in today. Will report back.

ELCID86
09-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Can't wait to hear what you think Wes.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

mbeckel
09-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Pedal box arrived. Gonna put it in today. Will report back.
I'm interested in your comparison

webster
09-24-2014, 05:57 PM
welp...thing thing is amazing. truly fun toy. it has so much more versatility than the Sprint Booster. each of the 6 levels within the 3 program modes has a subtle but noticeable gradation. i can't wait to explore all the individual modes. just did a run through the revs on each "color" setting and had a shit eating grin throughout. the red "race" or "sport plus" mode as they call it on the PB is kinda nuts. i found myself redlining almost instantaneously. definitely improves acceleration. nail it at 3500 RPM and the thing is in the red within a second or two. the green "city" mode is a lot more like the SB in terms of "floor it and initially feel a burst but then wait for the revs to catch up to the rest of the pedal travel" sensation. it seems they created this mode for a slight improvement without too much of a dent in economy. but the yellow "sport" mode is where it's at imo. you can really fine-tune the response in this mode.

install was a breeze. if you've done a SB, this is even easier. there are only two connections instead of 3 with the SB. the cord isn't as long but still runs up to the shifter console area without issue. not sure you could solder this to a "sport button" though as the circuitry is probably a lot more complex.

overall i give this thing a full endorsement and look forward to exploring all it has to offer even further.

Whammy
09-24-2014, 06:07 PM
For $300, I would have a hard time justifying this. Especially considering my front seats need reupholstering as well as a new wheel from Colby. Just my .02.

webster
09-24-2014, 06:42 PM
Like I said it's totally a toy. But it's great.

Also I got it for $266 shipped from eBay.

brettbimmer
09-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the review! Did you find it new from an ebay seller with more then 1 to sell?

Sent from my pineapple under the sea.

mbeckel
09-24-2014, 06:47 PM
Like I said it's totally a toy. But it's great.

Also I got it for $266 shipped from eBay.
Well..... I know what I'm getting!

webster
09-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the review! Did you find it new from an ebay seller with more then 1 to sell?

There are plenty of them on eBay. Just make sure you get a compatible version.

brettbimmer
09-24-2014, 07:19 PM
Sounds great. Drive by wire throttle lag remedy is on my short list. Thanks!

WOLFN8TR
09-24-2014, 07:25 PM
For $300, I would have a hard time justifying this. Especially considering my front seats need reupholstering as well as a new wheel from Colby. Just my .02.

Until you drove one with it. Believe me throttle lag Sucks and the Pedalbox and Sprint Booster fixes that.

ELCID86
09-25-2014, 03:14 AM
There are plenty of them on eBay. Just make sure you get a compatible version.

Sounds like a blast! Can you link to what you actually bought (ebay)? Same for MT and AT?

WOLFN8TR
09-25-2014, 03:48 AM
Shawn its $275 shipped from the link In post 1.

ELCID86
09-25-2014, 04:03 AM
Shawn its $275 shipped from the link In post 1.

Thanks Gary, I hadn't looked back that far.

Still?

ELCID86
09-25-2014, 04:45 AM
I found it for $248 shipped at http://www.twmperformance.com/ with code: DRIVINGSEASON2014 --Canadian Company.

Whammy
09-25-2014, 07:34 AM
Until you drove one with it. Believe me throttle lag Sucks and the Pedalbox and Sprint Booster fixes that.

Until that day comes, maybe. As I mentioned above, I need other things addressed first.

johnrando
09-25-2014, 10:33 AM
Until that day comes, maybe. As I mentioned above, I need other things addressed first.

Totally understand. Don't think of this as a toy, it absolutely transforms the driving experience. As great as the PB sounds, I'm gonna stick with my SB and the Sport button.

Glad you like it Wes, adding converts one person at a time! lol

ELCID86
09-25-2014, 10:37 AM
As an FYI, this is the US Distributor:

Ray Olea
Shoreline Motoring, Inc.
19791 Beach Blvd
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Ph# (714) 698-1373 (tel:%28714%29%20698-1373)
Fax# (714) 698-1379 (tel:%28714%29%20698-1379)
sales@shorelinemotoring (proberts@shorelinemotoring.com).com (proberts@shorelinemotoring.com)
www. (http://www.shorelinemotoring.com/)shorelinemotoring (http://www.shorelinemotoring.com/). (http://www.shorelinemotoring.com/)com (http://www.shorelinemotoring.com/)

Maybe JR can stop by and have some cool-aide!

johnrando
09-25-2014, 10:41 AM
I don't doubt PB is newer technology and thus has better features. It's just that the SB does what I need it to do (eliminate throttle lag) and it integrates with the SB button - which I love. I don't need the "refinement", just stomp and go! :biggrin

ELCID86
10-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Just got and installed the PB. All I can say is WOW. Like a totally different car.

Here is a quick video of the different settings.

http://youtu.be/BnETcYPDhOg

I can't wait to find some open road.

mbeckel
10-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Just got and installed the PB. All I can say is WOW. Like a totally different car.

Here is a quick video of the different settings.

http://youtu.be/BnETcYPDhOg

I can't wait to find some open road.

Yup yup, I need one

johnrando
10-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Cool!

ELCID86
10-01-2014, 04:48 PM
I found the translated instructions are a bit interesting. I'm up for "sovereign overtaking" (3rd page).

az3579
10-02-2014, 03:42 AM
I found the translated instructions are a bit interesting. I'm up for "sovereign overtaking" (3rd page).

Mmmm. Sovereign overtaking. Just my style.

Sockethead
10-03-2014, 08:38 AM
I don't doubt PB is newer technology and thus has better features. It's just that the SB does what I need it to do (eliminate throttle lag) and it integrates with the SB button - which I love. I don't need the "refinement", My wife can just stomp and go! :biggrin

Fixed :cool

ELCID86
02-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Brett, any feedback on the PB?

WOLFN8TR
01-23-2016, 11:01 AM
BUMP...

L0veZHP
03-29-2016, 03:49 PM
So which do you guys prefer more, the PB with its precise persion or the SB with the OEM clean Sport Button look. I'm leaning towards the SB because of the retrofit and I already have a nice Dyvian HU unit that works with the steering wheel. Which makes it feel more OEM and nice.

ELCID86
03-29-2016, 04:09 PM
Never driven the SB, but I do like the PB. Retrofit on the SB is nice, but control box for PB hides nicely beside the driver's seat.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160330/5a72518a0cca65e72fa147ef6669c3ed.jpg

Sockethead
03-29-2016, 04:21 PM
At first I thought I'd like additional adjustability of the PB but I went with the SB because I wanted to retrofit with the M sport button. Now that I've had the SB for almost a year now, I just leave it on green all the time. All the adjustability of the PB is cool but I'd think after the novelty of it wears off I think I'd tend to just leave it on one setting like the SB

ELCID86
03-29-2016, 05:04 PM
True. I mostly leave it on city (++) but sometimes go to sport (-).
Going to a HPDE in a few weeks. Might give me an opportunity to play with it a bit.

L0veZHP
03-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Never driven the SB, but I do like the PB. Retrofit on the SB is nice, but control box for PB hides nicely beside the driver's seat.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160330/5a72518a0cca65e72fa147ef6669c3ed.jpg

Damn that's really nice actually. And I do also think after a while
You'll just leave it in one mode and not play around with it. Im already on keeping it on one mood and not really playing with it. I just want to have the option.

FL116
03-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Dangit...looks like i will be spending more money soon.... I have way to many things on the list right now

L0veZHP
03-29-2016, 06:41 PM
The summer is coming!! car season! I've been spending so much money on my car lately and the list just keeps building.

WOLFN8TR
04-12-2016, 01:19 PM
I finally got the Turbo I've always wanted! LoL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv3oINCjwSo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE-kie0AUUw

BADCLOWN
04-12-2016, 01:22 PM
That is HILARIOUS to me

rguti153
04-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Anybody looking for one , another one on sale
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1102140

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

09mageec
04-12-2016, 02:23 PM
I really want a SprintBooster now...

WOLFN8TR
04-12-2016, 03:06 PM

Ya I seen that. Not a bad price.

rguti153
04-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Probably take less too

az3579
04-12-2016, 03:11 PM
So which do you guys prefer more, the PB with its precise persion or the SB with the OEM clean Sport Button look. I'm leaning towards the SB because of the retrofit and I already have a nice Dyvian HU unit that works with the steering wheel. Which makes it feel more OEM and nice.

Definitely PB, if I had to use one of the two. I really dislike the SB. Dead pedal travel is unacceptable to me; I like a fully usable range of pedal travel.

wsmeyer
04-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Pedalbox. Feels natural and I don't need a button as once I found the setting I liked I haven't messed with it in either car.

ELCID86
04-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Pedalbox. Feels natural and I don't need a button as once I found the setting I liked I haven't messed with it in either car.

+1 I did kit it up a notch for track day...

az3579
04-12-2016, 05:28 PM

Not for sale any more. :)

fredo
04-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Sold on the same day. Man, now I'm not sure if I made the right choice buying my SB.

ELCID86
04-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Sold on the same day. Man, now I'm not sure if I made the right choice buying my SB.

Don't look back muse it and enjoy it.

az3579
04-12-2016, 05:41 PM

After having had the luxury of driving cars with PB and with SB, I've made my choice. Hopefully it arrives quickly!

fredo
04-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Don't look back muse it and enjoy it.

That's true. Can't wait to install it ! :thumbup

fredo
04-12-2016, 05:57 PM
After having had the luxury of driving cars with PB and with SB, I've made my choice. Hopefully it arrives quickly!

Wait a sec. Did u buy the one on e46f ? Congrats !

rguti153
04-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Not for sale any more. :)
U bought it? Glad a member from here bought it

az3579
04-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Wait a sec. Did u buy the one on e46f ? Congrats !

U bought it? Glad a member from here bought it

Yep. It was a last second decision to buy - I wasn't even looking to buy one.

(No) thanks for posting it. lol

rguti153
04-12-2016, 06:13 PM

No problem man . Just helping out

WOLFN8TR
04-12-2016, 06:14 PM

Nice! :applause

BMWCurves
04-12-2016, 06:56 PM
Haha seems both SB and PB are going like hot cakes recently.

Dual
04-13-2016, 01:37 PM
Really enjoying the PB duhmiko sold me the other day. I expect to have more on this in coming day or two, but: get one!:cheers

johnrando
04-19-2016, 09:40 PM
Love my SB, hadn't really tried a PB. I like having the button for settings as I can turn it off when my wife drives my car.

rguti153
04-19-2016, 09:57 PM
Damn u still awake , I though I was the only one still awake lol

BMWCurves
04-19-2016, 10:39 PM
Damn u still awake , I though I was the only one still awake lol

There's literally dozens of us!

az3579
04-20-2016, 03:44 AM
Now that I've got it installed, a couple of notes from my personal perspective:

1) I have no idea how on earth any of you drive with any mode past Eco... undrivable, IMO, with so much sensitivity!
2) Even Eco mode has some serious sensitivity
3) The cable is way too short... needs to be longer to be able to route it into the center console or something...
4) There is a bit of a jump in responsiveness once you get past a certain pedal point, kind of like a multiplier increases all of a sudden - quite strange
5) I'm on my 4th day and I STILL can't do smooth upshifts because I'm struggling to get used to it, where this was not an issue with the stock mapping
6) Rev matching on the downshifts is quite a bit easier when only doing 1 gear down - multiple gears down is definitely messing with me. I'm used to mashing the throttle to the floor to go from 6th to 3rd, but with this, it doesn't work that way and it way overrevs. Getting used to this is taking longer than it should be.

We'll have to see how this pans out...

Dual
04-20-2016, 04:04 AM
Here's my report after about a week of use. I've been dialing down the settings over time, and am now two LED's below the Sport setting. It may be because I spent a few days skirting danger with higher Sport settings, but I am not bothered by the car's performance in this configuration. I'm not having the reaction BP reports immediately above. Shifting has been smooth, but I also just had my CDV disabled. I continue to experiment with settings, and may well dial down performance further with time. I really enjoy having the PedalBox online, that much is certain.

My only real gripe is with the cable length: my control unit has wound up underneath my seat and of course there are several reasons that's not the optimal placement.

BTW: reading around has shown that the multipin jack at the top of the control box is for USB connection to a laptop: as if the 21-odd settings are not enough, you can apparently launch program that lets you custom-map settings of your own.

az3579
04-20-2016, 04:06 AM
BTW: reading around has shown that the multipin jack at the top of the control box is for USB connection to a laptop: as if the 21-odd settings are not enough, you can apparently launch program that lets you custom-map settings of your own.

Do you know if that is the official use for that port? If so, any idea where to get the software for it? I'd love to take a stab at creating a custom curve...

Dual
04-20-2016, 04:19 AM
Do you know if that is the official use for that port? If so, any idea where to get the software for it? I'd love to take a stab at creating a custom curve...I will search around right now. I didn't bookmark it.

ON EDIT: FOUND!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygRZiJ8CAvI

Sockethead
04-20-2016, 09:46 AM
I had a learning curve with the Sprint booster but not nearly as bad as BP describes with the pedal box...

NoVAphotog
04-20-2016, 09:52 AM
Now that I've got it installed, a couple of notes from my personal perspective:

1) I have no idea how on earth any of you drive with any mode past Eco... undrivable, IMO, with so much sensitivity!
2) Even Eco mode has some serious sensitivity
3) The cable is way too short... needs to be longer to be able to route it into the center console or something...
4) There is a bit of a jump in responsiveness once you get past a certain pedal point, kind of like a multiplier increases all of a sudden - quite strange
5) I'm on my 4th day and I STILL can't do smooth upshifts because I'm struggling to get used to it, where this was not an issue with the stock mapping
6) Rev matching on the downshifts is quite a bit easier when only doing 1 gear down - multiple gears down is definitely messing with me. I'm used to mashing the throttle to the floor to go from 6th to 3rd, but with this, it doesn't work that way and it way overrevs. Getting used to this is taking longer than it should be.

We'll have to see how this pans out...

I wouldn't be surprised if you removed it...I tested out Shawn's and had it in for about 4-5 days and it was gone. WAY too sensitive. Maybe I am just SO used to the stock throttle it just doesn't bother me. I like the notion that I just need to mash it to "go fast or get up in the rev range" That's it. Not just barely tap it and WHAM i'm redlining...feels off to me.

Sockethead
04-20-2016, 11:19 AM
I don't feel that way with the Sprint Booster. I really like the green setting.... so much so that I just removed the switch all together... I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

09mageec
04-20-2016, 11:22 AM
I would just like to chime in and say that, everyone should also be aware that making this small upgrade is going to put you at a much higher risk for sub frame cracking related issues. I would highly suggest getting the sub frame reinforced before getting something like this, that is if you're the type to have fun with the car with the improved snappy throttle response. This flimsy sheet metal that our beloved manufacture, unfortunately decided to go with for the sub frame on our cars, is very unforgiving. The added ability to obtain a quicker torque response, will be transferred through to the differential, which is bolted directly to said sheet metal.

I personally do not own a SB or PB, but plan to snag one after the car goes in next month to have a new sub frame welded in. This is a nightmare that I have been dealing with for MANY months now, and after many headaches, the car is going into a BMW body shop 5/16/16 to get just under 40 hours of body work/taking apart of the entire rear end of the car and all components. This is, in the eyes of most, a stupid decision to make. Spending all this money on a car that is "not worth it", however, to me the car means more sentimentally than anything I have ever had..

I am not trying to scare you guys, nor am I bad mouthing these upgrades. Hell, I can't wait to get one, I just wouldn't wish such a problem on anyone! Use caution my friends, and cover your behind ahead of time ;)

Sockethead
04-20-2016, 11:33 AM
Most every performance mod we add to our cars will increase driveline shock. It's just a chance we have to live with.

cakM3
04-20-2016, 11:52 AM
I'm glad to see you guys are enjoying your PedalBox. [emoji1360]

I like my Sprint Booster mainly because I have a functional Sport button on my center console [emoji41]

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160420/820d25831817ce60e73af421478a142c.jpg

I'm okay with this [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

09mageec
04-20-2016, 04:11 PM
Most every performance mod we add to our cars will increase driveline shock. It's just a chance we have to live with.

Somewhat true, I would hesitate to say, "most" though..
An aftermarket exhaust wont increase chances nearly as much as a tune that increases throttle response.

Sockethead
04-20-2016, 04:24 PM
Heavy duty bushings, motor mounts, trans mounts, etc. all contribute to increased driveline shock...

09mageec
04-21-2016, 03:37 AM
Heavy duty bushings, motor mounts, trans mounts, etc. all contribute to increased driveline shock...

See, I agree with you 100% regarding all of that. I've expressed the need to have proper, functional rubber on the car many times here as well.. Again, I was only chiming in because I would hate to hear of another member getting surprised with a sub frame issue. Charlie knows my pain, haha.

I like my Sprint Booster mainly because I have a functional Sport button on my center console [emoji41]

BTW, I remember when you first did this.....I still want it. Gonna start on the DIY once the car goes into Warwick next month, might need a hand, traded for a burger and some beers???

johnrando
02-15-2017, 01:37 PM
I posted this elsewhere, but SprintBooster now has a V3, which is extremely customizable.

WOLFN8TR
02-17-2017, 06:08 PM
​Looks like the same price point as the V2. $289

Sprint Booster V3
https://www.sprintboostersales.com/index.cfm

Dual
02-18-2017, 05:38 AM
It's too bad this thread's title is "PedalBox AKA SprintBooster", since they are two different, competing devices.

That said:

Now that I've got it [PedalBox] installed, a couple of notes from my personal perspective:
...3) The cable is way too short... needs to be longer to be able to route it into the center console or something...
It is indeed too short. Since the PedalBox is a largely set-it-and-forget it device for me, I cut a cable notch into the side of the first aid box I have installed under my seat, and keep the controller there.

WOLFN8TR
02-18-2017, 06:38 AM
It's too bad this thread's title is "PedalBox AKA SprintBooster", since they are two different, competing devices.

Beings I'm the one who started this thread I'm well aware of that. John was simply letting us know there was a new SB V3 hence the reason I posted the link. Considering the new SB V3 is very similar to the PedalBox I will leave the info above. Have a great weekend!

Dual
02-18-2017, 07:05 AM
I'm sorry- didn't think of it as offensive but it was. Again: apologies.

WOLFN8TR
02-18-2017, 07:32 AM
I'm sorry- didn't think of it as offensive but it was. Again: apologies.

No worries. Thanks for the reply. [emoji106]

johnrando
02-18-2017, 09:20 AM
I changed the title of the thread with Gary's permission.

Sockethead
02-18-2017, 09:49 AM
Looks like V3 does some decent tricks now....

Dual
02-19-2017, 02:58 PM
PedalBox question: I have no manual for mine. Is the rev limiter disabled with these units? I just pushed my RPM's up to/over 7K, or so it seemed at the instant.

papa_g
10-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Reviving old thread. So what is the verdict at this point? Latest SB or latest PB? I have an A/T, what would you recommend?

Yankeefan
10-01-2019, 01:04 PM
I installed my SB last night, so I'll give my first impressions. It's a 5 minute install that took me 25 minutes... about par for the course for me. The accelerator pedal didn't want to come out. My first impressions are:
1. It didn't blow my mind the way it did for some guys on YouTube. However, I am currently trying to diagnose some vibration and stuttering on my car so that may reduce its affect.
2. I think my favorite benefit of it on Day 1 is that 700-2000 RPM are a lot more responsive. It actually helps me shift into first and second more smoothly I think because the RPMs are ready more quickly. I can get from neutral/clutch to fully in gear and pulling more quickly and with less vibration. This makes the car seem faster off the line. I really noticed the difference when I switched the device off momentarily on the way home. With the device off, it felt like shifting into 1st and getting started was happening in slow motion.
If you haven't already, go watch this to understand what it does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u7lIJfWc6U

johnrando
10-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Reviving old thread. So what is the verdict at this point? Latest SB or latest PB? I have an A/T, what would you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDef works well w AT

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

papa_g
10-02-2019, 08:27 AM
Definitely doing this mod. I guess I just need to do a little more research on pedalbox vs sprint booster before committing to one

JohnnyGraphic
10-06-2019, 07:08 PM
Neat upgrade! I like the somewhat simple approach to this mod.