PDA

View Full Version : My ZHP just got a lot more important

Junior2552
06-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Hey fellas. A few months ago I made a post telling a semi-hilarious story about how my inebriated father knocked a detailing shelf over on my beloved Sparkling Grey Metallic vert. After he did some more damage, we claimed it on insurance and I got a fresh detail and some new paint out of it. About a month ago (about the last time I posted on here), I found my dad dead in his room at a ripe 55 years old; 2 weeks before my 23rd birthday. 3 weeks before the trip to Southern Worthersee.

He had watched me build the zhp from day one, telling all of his friends how proud he was of me, and telling them how I was raised on the Roundel. I've had every era of 3 series in my driveway at one point or another. My dad never got to see it on the new wheels, coil overs, or my car all shined up before SOWO. He won't see the ESS supercharger go on (Thanks Stuart). And he won't get to ride around with me with the top down anymore. The zhp is in his parking spot, and I bought an MK3 gti vr6 to daily drive. I'm going to be bothering y'all a lot more frequently as I get some guidance and opinions on the ZHP and its development. Love this community. Love all of your cars. And I can't wait to get started. Cheers :hi

Oli77
06-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad. He was very young! Good luck with all.

You should post some pics of both cars.

danewilson77
06-06-2013, 04:38 PM
With tears in my eyes bro I say we're all here for you and that I'm so sorry for your loss.

johnrando
06-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Wow... hard to know what to say. So sorry for your loss. Best wishes moving forward and enjoying your ZHP in memory of your dad.

Dave_B
06-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Really sorry to hear about your father. I know how much mine means to me and can't imagine the day he's gone for good.

Keep your head up and if there's anything we can do for you here, just ask.

Hornung418
06-06-2013, 04:44 PM
I know exactly what you're going through.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

From a GS3, this was sent.

1 M Mike
06-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Heartfelt sorrow and condolences on your loss Junior. My father withered away over a 4 year period from cancer. Hard to see a robust man you loved and respected deteriorate so badly right before your eyes. My 40 year old brother had a brain hemorrhage and passed instantly.

In short there's no easy way to leave this world.

May God grant you the peace that surpasses all human understanding. You can look back with warmth on the happy memories you were blessed to experience together during his time on this earth.

BavarianZHP
06-06-2013, 05:02 PM
My most sincere condolences. I can't even begin to image what that's like. I know death is inevitable, but it just doesn't make it any easier. I'm happy to hear that the car holds sentimental value, something you and you alone will appreciate for the rest of your life. Paired experiences with your father are the strongest ones. It's good to know that you're holding them close to heart; and I hope when the time comes to face my own grief, I can find something similar to what you and your father have. Stay strong and enjoy life. You've made me think of what I take for granted, and I thank you for it and hope you the best.

kayger12
06-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Sorry, man. That's a young age to lose a parent.

I've shared this with other members here who've suffered the loss of a parent as I've never heard truer words:

It never hurts less, but with time it hurts less often.

Thoughts and prayers, man.

Sent from the last Next Best Thing via Tt4beta

Junior2552
06-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Thank you Dane, John, and all of you. It is a sad, sad story. He was so young, and the medical examiner is checking out numerous causes of death; none of them are pretty, so I'll keep them to myself. But all is well over here. He made me the executor of his estate, so it's a lot to take on with student teaching coming up (and graduation) but I wake up every morning, see the zhp in the garage and I smile. I wouldn't change a thing that's happened, no matter how much a miss him. I know he's "better" now, which is all I can ask for. Thank you for all the responses, and all of the kind words. I posted to remind everybody how much I love this community, how much I appreciate this forum, and to remember not to take the little things for granted. You guys are awesome! Much love.

GMATT
06-06-2013, 05:13 PM
So sorry for your loss. My dad passed 2 years ago. Time will help, and memories last forever.
Stay strong for your family.

Gary

Sent from my fancy telephone!

Junior2552
06-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Thank you all of you. I'm sorry that I can't respond individually to each of you, I'm on the iPhone. But thank you. It means more than you know.

JupiterBMW
06-06-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm really sorry to hear man. He was definitely too young. Keep your head up and know that God has good things in store for your Dad. He'll be riding with you with the top down, whether you know it or not. Stay safe and God bless.

ryankokesh
06-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Wow. There's so much good in life, and yet so much pain and suffering. I haven't lost a parent yet (thank god), but the last few years haven't been a cakewalk either. I think I know much more about what you're going through than I ever wished I did. I have all the respect in the world for you and wish you nothing but the best. So, so sorry for your loss :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avetiso
06-06-2013, 08:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

wertyu78
06-06-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. Stay strong and remember the mafia is here for you.

Newjack
06-06-2013, 09:16 PM
This was really tough to read. I can't imagine what you are going through. Praying for you bro.

essel
06-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Sad to hear that man. Stay strong

Jon D
06-07-2013, 05:30 AM
Sorry to hear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Junior2552
06-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Thank you all again. I appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers. I didn't expect the major response when I wrote the thread, haha. But thank you for all of the kind words. This is a "happy" thread in a sense that I can put new meaning behind my car in the admiration and memory of another Bavarian auto enthusiast. It was more of a heads up that I'm going to be bothering all of you with threads soon :)

God bless, and thank you all again,
Evan

illirep
06-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Very sorry to read this. Thoughts and prayers are with you and family!

webster
06-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Very sorry to read this. Thoughts and prayers are with you and family!

+1

WOLFN8TR
06-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Wow.... I remember reading about the incident with your car. Wasn't he trying to take the trash can out and scrapped up the ZHP?

Sometimes it hard to find the words to say I'm sorry for your loss. Loosing your Dad at 55 is way too young! I also lost a parent when I was 5. It's very hard, try to remember the good times, it's what will get you thru this difficult time. Take care...

Gary

johnrando
06-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Thank you all again. I appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers. I didn't expect the major response when I wrote the thread, haha. But thank you for all of the kind words. This is a "happy" thread in a sense that I can put new meaning behind my car in the admiration and memory of another Bavarian auto enthusiast. It was more of a heads up that I'm going to be bothering all of you with threads soon :)

God bless, and thank you all again,
Evan

Then happy it will be. :danehappy

cakM3
06-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Wow.... I remember reading about the incident with your car. Wasn't he trying to take the trash can out and scrapped up the ZHP?

Sometimes it hard to find the words to say I'm sorry for your loss. Loosing your Dad at 55 is way too young! I also lost a parent when I was 5. It's very hard, try to remember the good times, it's what will get you thru this difficult time. Take care...

Gary

+1

Best wishes to you and your family...

ELCID86
06-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Very sorry for your loss. As the 49 YO father of a 23 YO who is no longer with us and a 20 YO son who just took over the keys of our ZHP this really give me pause for reflection. Thank you for sharing.

Shawn in VA.
Via thumbs and Tapatalk.

Whitexi
06-07-2013, 02:13 PM
My deepest condolences for you and your family. Stay strong, and it wouldn't be a "bother" if you make or post to threads. That's what this place is about, conversation and interacting in each others lives.

330i ZHP
06-07-2013, 03:02 PM
damn - sorry to read this stuff

not to mention I am only 10 yrs away from that, what took him?

Pip
06-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Looking forward to you sharing the mods and progress of your ZHP with the family. I think it is a wonderful idea to keep you father alive and with you.

Junior2552
06-07-2013, 04:31 PM
damn - sorry to read this stuff

not to mention I am only 10 yrs away from that, what took him?

Well, if it's not too graphic for everyone, In the last 6 years, I've been with him through 5 stints in ICU detox with BACs of over .30, two periods of AA, some physical rehab, etc. I was all he had, and I think he had a hard time coping with the fact that I was the only one who tried to help him. The week before, I called my mom and told her that I could feel it in my bones that he was going to kill himself of he kept up his habits. After his mom died in November, he'd been sober probably 3 days. Nobody could help him.

I came home from work and went to wake him up at about noon. When I got closer to him, I found him in a puddle of spilled cough syrup and Oxycodone. He was ice cold and I wasn't there that night; we got in an argument after he fell through the glass end table and I slept at my lady's house. I came home and he was gone. I found his will and life insurance in a lockbox in my room that day.

Note to everybody. Never. Ever. Ever. Go to bed angry at somebody you love. No matter how much you wanna strangle them, tell them you love them before you leave. You might not get another chance to.

Gary, yeah! Same situation. He he did some solid scratching on my zhp. His insurance bough me new Sparkling Graphite Metallic, though :) no complaints

Junior2552
06-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Mr. Rando, I'm diggin the emoji. Haha.

Marcus-SanDiego
06-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Sorry to hear. Hang tough.

Sent from my PeerlessFineArt.com iPhone

Don Adolfo
06-08-2013, 07:32 AM
I am truly sorry. Even if you did not tell him you loved him that last time, he knew it. You showed it to him through your actions. He knew it.

Junior2552
06-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Thank you Marcus and Don. Kind words from kind folks.

Junior2552
06-11-2013, 06:23 PM
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=9orcmhVQsnc&feature=youtube_gdata_player&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9orcmhVQsnc%26feature%3 Dyoutube_gdata_player

In case anybody here is into acoustic stuff