PDA

View Full Version : (SOLD) FS: Hotchkis Sway Bars F&R

HokieZHP
07-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Up for sale is my set of front and rear hotchkis sway bars. Bought them used right after the small meet at Bruce's, so last fall I guess. Come with all hardware needed to mount them. Full disclosure: drop links have some corrosion and one drop link is stripped on the bottom third or so of the threads and could be replaced. I just threaded them up further into the drop link so the fresh threads were being used. I've been running it like that for a while now with no issues.

Asking $275 picked up in Chapel Hill, NC or Blacksburg, VA. I can drive to meet buyer within reason. Low price because of end link. It does still work fine though.

Pics coming when my brother sends them to me.

HokieZHP
07-02-2013, 05:07 AM
Will be listed on other forums and such this weekend! You guys have first dibbs though

Pip
07-02-2013, 07:06 AM
Can you comment on the differences over ZHP suspension. I know it'll stiffen things up and hopefully produce less roll in corners, but is there a big difference? I'm interested, but not sure how this would match my coilovers.

HokieZHP
07-02-2013, 07:15 AM
I noticed quite a big difference. Especially when I took them off haha. They reduce body roll quite a bit in corners and I noticed a good handling improvement. Just be careful because with sway bars that are stiff like these, they do cause you do lose some of that warning before the back end comes out. Basically, the back end with come out with less warning. I really enjoyed having them though. I think they would match coils better than the stock style suspension which is what I had. They were good but I feel they would be even better with a stiffer suspension.

Also, if you have coils and are slightly lowered, the end link issue won't affect you at all since you can screw them in much further on fresh threads. Just FYI.

Avetiso
07-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Can you comment on the differences over ZHP suspension. I know it'll stiffen things up and hopefully produce less roll in corners, but is there a big difference? I'm interested, but not sure how this would match my coilovers.

Coils? Since when?

Pip
07-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Lol you've seen my car with them installed. I have the Eibach pro street coils.

Thanks for the info on the bars! I need to wait for a bit until after my Europe trip in a couple days, but I'll check back.

HokieZHP
07-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Lol you've seen my car with them installed. I have the Eibach pro street coils.

Thanks for the info on the bars! I need to wait for a bit until after my Europe trip in a couple days, but I'll check back.

Sounds good

HokieZHP
07-03-2013, 04:00 AM
Pictures:

HokieZHP
07-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Sold!

danewilson77
07-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Sold!

Nice

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA

QC_ZHP
07-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Keeping them in the family. Wish you would've still had that Gruppe for sale, too!

I bought these off e46f btw.