PDA

View Full Version : Joop's ZHP For Sale- '03 Alpine White/Natural Brown 6MT Sedan

JupiterBMW
07-10-2013, 10:00 PM
As I've made mention of in a few recent posts, I'm considering selling my car. I absolutely adore my ZHP, and to be honest, if I sold it, I wouldn't buy another. I'll never find another ZHP I like as much as this one, so if it goes, it'll be on to a different platform. That being said, I've listed the car at a high price. We all know that many consider Alpine White and Natural Brown to be one of the most desirable combinations. In addition, for those that've seen my car, I'm sure you can attest to its condition. The price I posted below can be considered the "Buy it Now" price if it were to be listed on eBay. A full price offer will get the car completely detailed in and out, full tank of premium gas, and all fluids (engine, trans, and diff fluids) changed just before the new owner takes possession. Any shipping will have to be arranged and paid for by the buyer. Ok, so onto the car... Please bear with me as I'm writing this from memory and my project thread. I'm not home to verify exact mileage and some of the service records. Also, please view my project thread for more info and pics.

My Project Thread (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?8759-Jon-s-03-Alpine-White-Sedan-Project)

WBAEV53453KM03710 (built 03/10/03)
2003 Alpine White ZHP Sedan
Natural Brown interior (with my fancy schmancy black/silver speaker grills)
Black Cube trim
6 speed manual transmission
Cold Weather Package (headlight washers, heated seats, split fold down rear seats with ski-bag pass through)
Navigation (currently has 2012 disc)
Moonroof
Xenon headlights

Current mileage is somewhere close to 132K. I purchased with 126,653 miles
6 months ago. Of those 5K-ish miles, 1K was driving it home from NC, and 2K
was driving it to and from the Reunion. The car rests in the garage most
other times.

Maintenance stuff done by the previous owner includes the following. He owned the car for a short time, did nothing but maintenance, then sold it to me because he had a baby...
Alternator
cooling system
DISA
VANOS
Perhaps more, I don't recall and I'm not home to review the paperwork I have.

Maintenance stuff I've done includes...
Starter
Gas Cap
NGK plugs
Mobil 1 0W-40
Redline D4 ATF in the transmission
Redline 75W90 in the differential
Refinish lower front grill
Sunroof shade guides

Mods/Changes have all been done within the last 6 months as I've been the one to do
them all...
Dinan intake
AFE Dynamic Air Scoops
Dinan exhaust
Dinan Stg 2 software
Avant Garde M359 wheels in 18x8.5", square setup, 245/35-18 Yokohama S-drive tires (about 4000 miles on them).
Rolled rear fenders and shaved bumper clips/bolts/lining
OEM BMW Performance (replica) carbon fiber splitters
OEM BMW Performance (replica) carbon fiber diffuser
Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle Ceramic tint (35% all 7 windows) *lifetime warranty*
Khoalty Piano Black grills with custom painted grill stripes
OEM AL lights, refitted with the ZKW inner lenses
OEM Euro Light package (clear front corners, sidemarkers, RCR tails)
Stealth bulbs all the way around (from Turner Motorsports)
Euro asymmetrical side mirror lenses
VisionPro Xenon fog light kit, 3000K
Osram Xenarc SVS bulbs for the xenons
OEM homelink
OEM aux input jack
LCM with 4.0 software
Coby Wheel alcantara steering wheel (OEM grey with ///M color tri-stitch)
Matching Coby Wheel shift and e-brake boots
OEM E82 (1 series) M-sport leather shift knob/e-brake handle (perforated
leather)
New OEM carpeted floor mats
Lots of Coding (the big ones below)
-Triple Blink
-Brake Force Display
-TPMS
-Trifecta Mod

Mods acquired but yet to be installed...
-Euro LCM with rear fog light button
-M3 button panel with TPMS reset button and sport button (for eventual Sprint Booster?)
-New rear deck speaker grills (purchased when I recently refinished the rear deck)

Maintenance/repair the car needs to be perfect
Driver's rear window regulator (?? Works just fine, but started to click
once when rolling up)
Rear brakes (They aren't that bad, about 4mm left on the pads, fronts are fine. Will do all 4 together)

Asking $20,000 obo

I know many of you will think the price is outrageous, and that's fine. Please don't forget, I'm not even 100% decided on selling. So, this is the price that would make me say yes and not look back. Of course, I really value the discussion. For those that have PMed me about the car, I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Avetiso
07-10-2013, 11:46 PM
It's a fantastic car. Can't wait to see you in an E90 ///M3.

ELCID86
07-11-2013, 04:20 AM
You forgot to mention this car (and driver) are winners of the 2013 East Coast Reunion Scavenger Hunt! (Of course the right-seat navigator needs a little credit ;-) I hope you keep it...would love to have it myself...hope you find a buy who will appreciate it as is... GLWS.

danewilson77
07-11-2013, 04:59 AM
What I want to say:

"You're an idiot"

But because I'm on the Mafia I say:

"GLWS Joop"

:)

Self regulation in progress.

Stigissimo
07-11-2013, 05:19 AM
duuuudee..... i'm in disbelief. GLWS!

Vas
07-11-2013, 05:20 AM
Good luck with the sale.

Btw you are running atf in a manual transmission?

cakM3
07-11-2013, 05:27 AM
What I want to say:

"You're an idiot"

"GLWS Joop"

:rofl

Joop.... I seriously hope you don't sell your ZHP.....

JupiterBMW
07-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Thank you all for the replies... And yes Shawn, a good point, this is the reigning Mafia Reunion Scavenger Hunt Rally Champion... :biggrin

Dane/Charlie/Nic- I know. I honestly don't really want to sell it. But I wanted to list it so people could see the car details and for the people that have been continually been PMing me. So we'll see.

Vas- Yes. I spoke with the people at Redline and after they reviewed the specs of the OEM oil, they said the D4 ATF was the closest match they had. I thought it weird too, they said no worries... Car shifts like BUTTAHHHH!! :biggrin

Mtnman
07-11-2013, 06:32 AM
So i stay off the site for a week or so and this happens? Joooooooooooooooooooop......whhyyyyyy?

I can attest to the cleanliness of this car. Looks absolutely brand new. I also saw it the day Joop purchased it, and i must say he has done a hell of a job.

What i need to know now is, what's next Joop.

johnrando
07-11-2013, 06:35 AM
I saw this car in person at GruppeFest, and it's absolutely beautiful. GLWS Joop!

JupiterBMW
07-11-2013, 06:36 AM
Thanks David... And one thing I forgot to mention until I read your post. It has been suggested that I'm just trying to "flip" this car. That would make someone wonder if the car was in rough shape when I got it. For those of you that saw it on Day 1 (Cam, David, Ryan) you all know, the car was in amazing shape then. I am NOT trying to just flip for a profit. I paid a premium for the AW when I bought it, and all mods were purchased brand new (with the exception of a few little items)

Just something I wanted folks to know. The car is in better shape than my previous ZHP which had almost 50K less miles.

brettbimmer
07-11-2013, 07:00 AM
If you are hunting for a pristine Alpine White over Natural Brown ZHP in excellent shape, don't pass up this beauty! I have seen her in person, driven her a very short distance, and the photos of her do not do her justice.

Jon, only way you will be forgiven for selling your ZHP is to replace it with another Bimmer in the garage!

Stigissimo
07-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Personally, I don't even think 20k is asking too much. I'd probably pay that in a heartbeat if I had the money.

zhpnsnv
07-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Beautiful car. Good luck in your next automotive endeavor!!!! Someone mentioned the e9x M3 - there are tons of them on the market right now, and the prices will be going down if the next M3 is a hit!

Just to be clear for anyone considering this car - is the NB interior the original interior, or was that swapped? I thought I saw something about a swap but I don't remember if it's this car or not.

derbo
07-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Good luck Jon.

Sad to see this happen.

ELCID86
07-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Just to be clear for anyone considering this car - is the NB interior the original interior, or was that swapped? I thought I saw something about a swap but I don't remember if it's this car or not.
He did swap it. Looks awesome. See here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?8759-Jon-s-03-Alpine-White-Sedan-Project&p=231596#post231596

09mageec
07-11-2013, 11:01 AM
OMG, this is like my dream color combo!

trancenation
07-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Good luck with the sale Jon, I hope that I was able to give you some insight on the market. May the possible new owner take care of the car!

JupiterBMW
07-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks for all the replies folks. As for my next vehicle, I have tossed around many ideas. In a perfect world, I sell the ZHP and pick up a 2011 M3 Competition Package, but they're VERY hard to find (in Alpine White sedan format). I've found one, but the guy wants $64K for it, so even selling the ZHP at $20K I've got a $44K difference to make up. So obviously that isn't happening. The other ideas are to trade in my wife's X3 for the M3, but then the M3 would have to be a DCT, which I'm ok with. It would also become her car at that point, again, I'm ok with that too. And lastly, a possible trade of the X3 for an X5M, much easier to find and even faster than the M3.

Anyway, looking for buyers!

webster
07-11-2013, 11:14 AM
GLWS. Hate to see her go, but you gotta do what makes you happy at the end of the day. Hopefully the next owner is as awesome and enthusiastic as its current owner :)

JupiterBMW
07-11-2013, 11:22 AM
GLWS. Hate to see her go, but you gotta do what makes you happy at the end of the day. Hopefully the next owner is as awesome and enthusiastic as its current owner :)

Aww shucks.. :wub

BavarianZHP
07-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Nobody buy it, so Joop can be stuck here for all of eternity! :megaphone

The price is perfect (by reflecting your reluctance appropriately - that is a one of a kind car) GLWS.

danewilson77
07-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Nobody buy it, so Joop can be stuck here for all of eternity! :megaphone

The price is perfect (by reflecting your reluctance appropriately - that is a one of a kind car) GLWS.

Even if he sells it...he ain't going anywhere.

BavarianZHP
07-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I was only kidding. I'm sure your car will be circulated around the BMW forums in no time at all... It's autographed as well I assume. I hope you get that dream M3 of yours Joop!

danewilson77
07-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Yeah...I hear a 2003 AW ZHP signed by Joop brings about $20k.

kayger12
07-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Geez, I'm away for a few days and come back to this.

Glws. She's absolutely stunning in person.

You're gonna kick yourself in the ass when she's gone..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

derbo
07-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Yeah...I hear a 2003 AW ZHP signed by Joop brings about $20k.

fact. :lmao

UdubBadger
07-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Jesus we're all dropping like flies.

Geez, I'm away for a few days and come back to this.

Glws. She's absolutely stunning in person.

You're gonna kick yourself in the ass when she's gone..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Exactly

JupiterBMW
07-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the continued kind words folks. Seth, nobody is dropping, as Dane said, even without the ZHP, I'll still be here.

Side note, does it cost money to post on the CCA classifieds? I've recently joined the CCA and would like to get it out there as well.

danewilson77
07-11-2013, 04:27 PM
What's the CCA? :shifty

UdubBadger
07-11-2013, 04:35 PM
I know you will be J, just meant the non zhp owning zhpmafia members. seems like a good amount have left the model this past year.

Avetiso
07-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Only inevitable. The model is aging.

BavarianZHP
07-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Only inevitable. The model is aging.

Try using THAT excuse on your gf! :rofl

For me, only the 2 series GC m sport has a chance of dethroning the ZHP. Don't worry Joop, 6-12 months from now when you beg us to help you find another AW ZHP - we'll be there for ya. :rockon

3ZHPGUY
07-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Hey Jon, good luck, mine is about the same age and mileage as yours so, if you can get that I'll have a major grin. And since I'm only the second owner, that could make up for some of your goodies that I don't have yet.

BCS_ZHP
07-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Jon,
GLWS (DW's PC kiss of death).

No seriously, if you can pull that kind of jing then each of our 3 should pull comparable or better and I'd have to consider relinquishing one or more of our ZHPs.

Avetiso
07-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Try using THAT excuse on your gf! :rofl

For me, only the 2 series GC m sport has a chance of dethroning the ZHP. Don't worry Joop, 6-12 months from now when you beg us to help you find another AW ZHP - we'll be there for ya. :rockon

JupiterBMW
07-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Hey Jon, good luck, mine is about the same age and mileage as yours so, if you can get that I'll have a major grin. And since I'm only the second owner, that could make up for some of your goodies that I don't have yet.

Jon,
GLWS (DW's PC kiss of death).

No seriously, if you can pull that kind of jing then each of our 3 should pull comparable or better and I'd have to consider relinquishing one or more of our ZHPs.

Is this everyone's way of saying "its priced too damn high!"...? Thanks for the kind words all. I understand it is priced higher, but the main factor that differs my car from all others in the forum is the obvious, the color. If there were a bunch of AW sedans floating around, I'd surely be asking a lot less. I've received no less than 4 PMs from different people asking me when I plan to sell, and to contact them when I do. That being said, I feel the car is extremely desirable. We all know Imola Red is probably the most popular color on the forum, but its also the most common... So, that differing factor I'm hoping makes the value of this car higher than it would be otherwise.

Again, I appreciate all of the insight from everyone, and especially the Mafia veterans (Dane, Keith, Rando, Bruce, etc) that have been around here since the beginning.

Oh, and veterans may or may not be a politically correct term for "seniors"... :shifty :biggrin

E_Rak
07-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Don't worry about the price on this baby, wait until you have the perfect car lined up for yourself and you're SURE you want to go through with it. Trust me, there is SOMEBODY out there with a nice big budget looking to pick up something as near impossible to find as this thing, ignore KBB, NADA, all of that crap. It just doesn't matter here ;)

3ZHPGUY
07-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Understood Jon, but, I'm not a fan of white even if it is rare. They actually had a white truck, like the one I just purchased at the dealer and told them anything but white. I had them fetch a red one for from 200 miles away instead.

Yours is clean and very nice; just not what I would chose.

BavarianZHP
07-11-2013, 08:59 PM
I'll chase him round Good Hope, and round the Horn, and round the Norway Maelstrom, and round perdition's flames before I give him up.

- AW ZHP buyers

derbo
07-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Jon, if you were closer, I probably might have considered a 2nd ZHP.. :X

BCS_ZHP
07-12-2013, 03:36 AM
Is this everyone's way of saying "its priced too damn high!"...?

Oh, and veterans may or may not be a politically correct term for "seniors"... :shifty :biggrin

First point, no not too high IMO, I hope you get it to set a new precedent for the "sellers" to point to as a comparable. It looks like Bill just made a deal in the high teens for his 10 y.o.IR, so more power to you brother. You guys are helping me as I believe we're going to sell one or more of our ZHPs in the coming months.

Second point, "veterans/seniors", IMO that first term should only be used for the guys who actually served in the military for our country, thank you Vets. So guess that means we're stuck with "Seniors" which isn't such a bad term as long as you don't mind us Old Farts dubbing you as our young Grasshopper, still much to learn YG....

zhpnsnv
07-12-2013, 04:07 AM
Is this everyone's way of saying "its priced too damn high!"...? Thanks for the kind words all. I understand it is priced higher, but the main factor that differs my car from all others in the forum is the obvious, the color. If there were a bunch of AW sedans floating around, I'd surely be asking a lot less. I've received no less than 4 PMs from different people asking me when I plan to sell, and to contact them when I do. That being said, I feel the car is extremely desirable. We all know Imola Red is probably the most popular color on the forum, but its also the most common... So, that differing factor I'm hoping makes the value of this car higher than it would be otherwise.

Again, I appreciate all of the insight from everyone, and especially the Mafia veterans (Dane, Keith, Rando, Bruce, etc) that have been around here since the beginning.

It's only overpriced if nobody shells out the dough! Personally, the mileage is a factor, but to some the color will overshadow that. It'll work out for you!

danewilson77
07-12-2013, 04:15 AM
I understand it is priced higher, but the main factor that differs my car from all others in the forum is the obvious, the color combination. If there were a bunch of AW sedans floating around with NB interior, I'd surely be asking a lot less.

Fixed

brettbimmer
07-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the continued kind words folks. Seth, nobody is dropping, as Dane said, even without the ZHP, I'll still be here.

Side note, does it cost money to post on the CCA classifieds? I've recently joined the CCA and would like to get it out there as well.

As I recall, no charge with the CCA classifieds (limit two ads per member per month), unless you want a photo in Roundel. That said, I doubt that your car would last the three months until the print edition is published anyway.

wertyu78
07-12-2013, 09:02 AM
What I want to say:

"You're an idiot"

"GLWS Joop"

This. GLWS. E90 ///M, not E92. Thanks, ;).

JupiterBMW
07-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Thanks again for the replies folks... I too feel that there is a buyer for the car. I listed it on the CCA today. Hopefully my ad goes live soon and the car gets some more exposure. The ad shows as 'pending' and the photo I tried to upload doesn't show up, not sure whats up with that. It could be my internet but who knows...

Anyway, we'll see how it goes in the next couple of weeks. I haven't listed the car anywhere but here and the CCA. I will let word of mouth get it around first. If/when I get more serious, I'll start posting it more....

In the meantime, looking at E90 M3 sedans and X5Ms only makes me want to move the car even more. :shifty

Avetiso
07-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Not Craigslist? Or are you not doing that until you are back home?

JupiterBMW
07-13-2013, 06:07 AM
This is the wrong kind of car for Craigslist... Craigslist brings nothing but a bunch of lowballers, and given the rarity of this car, it wouldn't be worth it. I will probably copy and paste the car there when I do get home, but I won't hold my breath...

danewilson77
07-13-2013, 06:25 AM
THIS THREAD.........is exactly why I've never driven Charlie's ///M3.

BCS_ZHP
07-13-2013, 04:50 PM
^With you brother, Charlie has presented his M3 multiple times and I've always refused...

JupiterBMW
07-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I completely understand that. For me, I've always wanted an E90 ///M3, but having recently driven one, its all over now, hence this thread.

Anyway, I'd appreciate if you guys could pass this around a bit, help it get noticed.

Also, I've been PMing back and forth with a couple of people, and apparently some folks get the impression that my $20k asking price was firm... I would hope that wasn't the message that was conveyed... Like I mentioned in my original post, a $20K offer gets the car fully ready for a road trip with a full tank of gas and all new fluids. BUT, that does NOT mean I'm not entertaining other offers. I am definitely willing to discuss other numbers with any serious buyers. :thumbsup

Avetiso
07-13-2013, 08:24 PM
That's a typical response when buyers run into a seller that knows his shit. :)

JupiterBMW
07-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Eh, this person isn't stupid, just misread my post I guess. I will edit and make sure its known!

WOLFN8TR
07-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Dam Jon I can't believe your selling the ZHP! Well good luck with the sale, I would personally hold firm at $20K, the car is worth every dollar.

JupiterBMW
07-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Update: As much as I didn't want to, car is listed on E46f... Here we go with the comments...

BavarianZHP
07-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Yep, saw it over there. Did you forget to link your project thread on the E46f ad?

JupiterBMW
07-13-2013, 10:08 PM
No, I just left it out.

Avetiso
07-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Post a link here so we can provide heavy suppressive fire.

WOLFN8TR
07-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Post a link here so we can provide heavy suppressive fire.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15569388&posted=1#post15569388

Torxuvin
07-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Trade for imola/alcantara? :shifty

GLWS buddy. I'm surprised to see this so soon, but I understand completely. I loved driving the e90 M. Fit and finish is great. Everything seems so effortless. I still feel like you are better served waiting until next year when the new M3/4 comes out. I really feel that the e9x Ms are going to drop.

For anyone interested in purchasing, I have both driven and thoroughly inspected this car. Great condition and well taken care of. Both the current owner and previous owner were knowledgeable and placed emphasis on upkeep. Easily in better condition than some cars I've seen with half the mileage.

JupiterBMW
07-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Trade for imola/alcantara? :shifty

GLWS buddy. I'm surprised to see this so soon, but I understand completely. I loved driving the e90 M. Fit and finish is great. Everything seems so effortless. I still feel like you are better served waiting until next year when the new M3/4 comes out. I really feel that the e9x Ms are going to drop.

For anyone interested in purchasing, I have both driven and thoroughly inspected this car. Great condition and well taken care of. Both the current owner and previous owner were knowledgeable and placed emphasis on upkeep. Easily in better condition than some cars I've seen with half the mileage.

Thanks for the positive words Cam.

And I have to say, Cam was the one that picked me up at Atlanta airport when I flew up to purchase this car. We saw the car together for the first time, and he did meet the previous owner. So, he saw the car before I bought it and can vouch for how good it looked even then. :thumbsup:

Oh, and trade for imola/alcantara... Clearly you're delusional... Next thing you'll ask is if I want to trade for a steptronic vert! :rofl

danewilson77
07-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the positive words Cam.

And I have to say, Cam was the one that picked me up at Atlanta airport when I flew up to purchase this car. We saw the car together for the first time, and he did meet the previous owner. So, he saw the car before I bought it and can vouch for how good it looked even then. :thumbsup:

Oh, and trade for imola/alcantara... Clearly you're delusional... Next thing you'll ask is if I want to trade for a steptronic vert! :rofl

In enters JR.....................:shifty

zhpnsnv
07-14-2013, 01:37 PM
THIS THREAD.........is exactly why I've never driven Charlie's ///M3.

Amen to that. When real drivers drive real drivers' cars, money starts changing hands.

JupiterBMW
07-15-2013, 08:38 PM
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15569388&posted=1#post15569388

Ugh, remind me again why I posted the car there? I'm getting flamed by another ZHP owner (wtf!?!) saying the car is priced way too high. Of course, I looked because I thought he was a member here, but maybe he's banned? I don't know... Such asinine people over there. He obviously doesn't understand that if I sell my car for top dollar, it essentially increases the value on all the other ZHPs too...

Blah.. Sorry, long day of work on the ship and that guy is on my nerves. I just had to vent, but I didn't think a new thread was appropriate/necessary.

Anyway, back on track... I feel the price is high, yes, but for someone that really wants this configuration, its worth the money. I can guarantee the car would have ZERO issue driving cross country for delivery to a new owner... Hint hint Derek... :shifty

Just another reason why this is the ONLY forum I need to visit. :thumbsup Love the Mafia!

derbo
07-15-2013, 08:51 PM
isn't nike001 on here?

Avetiso
07-15-2013, 09:04 PM
isn't nike001 on here?

Banned. I get the feeling he might be 'getting back' via Jon's FS thread.

danewilson77
07-16-2013, 04:05 AM
I don't necessarily consider what he said as "flaming". I do think it's a little childish to kind of pick on your price, but that's Nike, and that's why he's banned from here for life. Your comment back was fine as well.

ELCID86
07-16-2013, 04:18 AM
don't let him get under your skin Joop.

webster
07-16-2013, 05:02 AM
Hey joop, your car is gorgeous. Dont let that turd get under your skin.

Curious tho...because i didnt see it in your maintenance list. Is your car still on the original suspension? Might be a bit harder to justify the price if so, altho i understand FL roads to be pretty good. Not flaming just asking.

WOLFN8TR
07-16-2013, 05:51 AM
I do think it's a little childish to kind of pick on your price, but that's Nike, and that's why he's banned from here for life. Your comment back was fine as well.

I remember him being a member here and thought it was very odd why he would post his response in Jon's for sale thread on E46Fanatics. That's why I responded to his comment. Knowing now he is "Banned" from here it would of been a not so nice response. I support Jon is for two reasons.

1) He is a Mafia member, we are family here and we should support each other like family.

2) His ZHP is worth the asking price to a individual that is looking for a clean, well maintained and Modded ZHP.

It's why I hardly ever visit E46Fanatics, childish behavior runs rampant over there.

BimmerBobster
07-16-2013, 06:31 AM
I am one of the four people who PM'd you Jon as being interested in your car. I have been casually looking for a white manual transmission e46 for a while and of course want a ZHP and must let you know that your car is WAY TOO NICE FOR ME! I had no idea you had put so much time and thought into it. My needs now are for a 60 mile a day commuter that my two teenagers can learn to drive in.... it just doesn't seem right to put your car into that line of service.

As for your asking price there is great value in your car and I agree with your starting price. The value is not only the exclusiveness of a white well cared for 6MT ZHP sedan with NB interior, but more so in the fact that you know so much about them and chose to buy this one. Then with that incredible foundation of knowledge went ahead and did all of the upgrades and maintenance. And finally that you are a presence here on the forum and have a reputation to maintain and are willing to sell the car to another community member, thus the chances of it having a leaking head gasket or some other big dollar problem are very low. All of this adds up to to saved time and hassle and stress for a potential buyer, which is worth money in the marketplace for an astute buyer.

Now wait, I think I talked myself into it! No, I couldn't stand to see it destroyed in our hands. Good luck with the sale, someone will be very happy.

danewilson77
07-16-2013, 06:37 AM
don't let him get under your skin Joop.

Hey joop, your car is gorgeous. Dont let that turd get under your skin.

Curious tho...because i didnt see it in your maintenance list. Is your car still on the original suspension? Might be a bit harder to justify the price if so, altho i understand FL roads to be pretty good. Not flaming just asking.

Exactly. He's just looking for a reaction.

JupiterBMW
07-16-2013, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. Its just irritating, and I had to vent. It was also compounded by having an insanely busy/tiring couple of days at work. But that's neither here nor there...

I do know the price is high, but of all parties interested, I have not received one PM or message that says "Hey, I love the car, but I'm more in the line of $______, not $20,000 like you asked. Is there any way we can discuss?"

My asking price isn't FIRM!

Granted, I'm not giving the car away either...

Anyway, I appreciate the response from everyone here.

cakM3
07-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Jon, like Dane said... Dalton is just looking to get a reaction from you. He's banned for a reason and is not worth the aggrivation you obviously are feeling towards him. He's probably still butthurt from being permanently banned from here and is taking it out on you. Ignore him....

There's a reason some people are shown the door here and I feel it's a good thing. On the most part we have good people here and that's the way I like it :thumbsup I feel the asking price for your fine ZHP is a good starting point and since you have emphasized that pricing is not firm should tell any prospective buyer that you're willing to negotiate on the price of sale within reason. This also shows that you are a true enthusiast and have class. Keep this in mind when dealing with douches like Dalton. Do not get into a pissing match and lower yourself to his level. You're much better than that Jon! :thumbsup For what it's worth... I told Dalton that if he didn't like your asking price to stay out of your for sale thread and let you sell your ZHP...

One last note....I really hate seeing you sell this car, especially with everything you have done to her.....just sayin' :)

johnrando
07-16-2013, 07:01 AM
Just read, he's definitely being a db. There's never a reason for anyone to comment on someone else's price in a FS when you are not the one buying it. I posted a comment unrelated to his.

JupiterBMW
07-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Thanks guys. :thumbsup

derbo
07-16-2013, 10:55 AM
You know, I would wonder what AW natural brown M3s go for... I'm sure its exactly the same as what you are doing.

I fully support the price. Wish I had the room and was closer.

Avetiso
07-16-2013, 11:04 AM
As Charlie said, with good maintenance, mileage is just a number. I'm sure this car runs just as good, if not better, than most 60k ZHPs, mine included. I don't see why Dalton is making such a big deal over the mileage.

jgt_zhp
07-16-2013, 11:08 AM
#capitalism

#supplyanddemand

Theoretically, any seller's commodity is worth precisely what some buyer will pay for it. Would you buy it looking for a return on the investment? Heck, no.

This car is beautiful. It's rare. It's meticulously cared for. IMHO the color combination is fantastic. I used to run style 135s on my 325i, and even that makes for a very good looking Alpine White sedan. If I were looking and had the discretionary funds available, I'd have such a hard time deciding between this car and Bill's Imola Dinan, I'd want both. There would be a certain subgroup of the community who would think I was nuts for having the two most expensive ZHPs on the market right now. But I'd be happier than a pig in shite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

cakM3
07-16-2013, 11:15 AM
You know, I would wonder what AW natural brown M3s go for... I'm sure its exactly the same as what you are doing.

I fully support the price. Wish I had the room and was closer.

E46 ///Ms did not have natural brown interior...they had cinnimon interior....slightly different color.

BimmerRules!
07-16-2013, 11:20 AM
I don't necessarily consider what he said as "flaming". I do think it's a little childish to kind of pick on your price, but that's Nike, and that's why he's banned from here for life. Your comment back was fine as well.

sorry Dane, I disagree. He quoted a false $12k figure wondering if that wasn't the original purchase price. Subtle move that might lead other readers to think that seller is raking a huge profit and so can be beat down more heavily on the price a lot. Not flaming but nasty. I mean, who cares whether the car was purchased for $0 or $100k!

Stigissimo
07-16-2013, 11:24 AM
E46 ///Ms did not have natural brown interior...they had cinnimon interior....slightly different color.

But equally as delicious. And pricey.

Joop - Will you be selling any parts separately from this car?

MiniD
07-16-2013, 11:25 AM
sorry Dane, I disagree. He quoted a false $12k figure wondering if that wasn't the original purchase price. Subtle move that might lead other readers to think that seller is raking a huge profit and so can be beat down more heavily on the price a lot. Not flaming but nasty. I mean, who cares whether the car was purchased for $0 or $100k!

I had a chance to buy the same car Jon bought for right at $12,000 but passed. So, although Dalton went over board, that figure isn't false.

Jon's car is one of the best ZHPs out there.

Stigissimo
07-16-2013, 11:26 AM

By Nike's logic people who bought Apple stock in the 80's shouldn't sell their stock for any more than $22 a share!

wsmeyer
07-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Don't let them get under your skin. So far no ones attacking you or any potential buyers, they're just stating their opinion. If someone buys your car for $20k they will do it knowing full well they paid a premium. The reason they would do it is because it is exactly what they want and the joy of owning it is worth more to them than the premium. I think it's going to take some time but I think you're going to find that buyer and both of you will be happy when all is said and done.

danewilson77
07-16-2013, 01:17 PM

OK. You and I disagree on what "flaming" is. Let's move on.

Additionally, Joop posted that at E46F fully knowing it may not draw favorable solicitation.

Vas
07-16-2013, 01:21 PM
It will sell sooner or later. Look at the cars that go through EAG. They all have a high price tag and a premium and people buy them. However might be easier for a dealer to sell then a private party.

az3579
07-16-2013, 01:24 PM
I am absolutely shocked Bill hasn't picked this one up yet. I know this is his ultimate ZHP...

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

BavarianZHP
07-16-2013, 01:33 PM
hehe, everyone should post their ZHP's for sale at $20k. First one who sells theirs get's to buy Joop's! I know I would...

GMATT
07-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Joop don't let the db's get ya!. Hold firm, I for one hope you get your asking or close. In my mind makes all of our cars a little more "not special". Best of luck and wade thru the bs

Gary

Sent from my fancy telephone!

Burrogs
07-16-2013, 04:28 PM
I hope he gets top dollar as I too think white with a manual is a rare bird. My car is very similar, albeit with alcantara vs leather (which I personally favor), and with similar mods. I'm not planning in selling anytime soon, but it'd be nice to have the market established for unique, enthusiast maintained examples. The right buyer will eventually come along who appreciates the particular options this ZHP offers and is willing to pay a premium for it. The difficult part will be if someone needs to borrow money to finance it as no bank will loan anywhere near that amount. The ZHP is the 993 of the BMW world, prices will eventually appreciate as the new models price themselves out of the market with little, arguably no real improvements.

derbo
07-16-2013, 04:38 PM
I wonder what price I would let my ZHP for...

never been tracked :rolleyes

But all n all, seriously I hope you find a great buyer Jon who appreciated the AW.

JupiterBMW
07-16-2013, 04:39 PM
But equally as delicious. And pricey.

Joop - Will you be selling any parts separately from this car?

No, sorry, I won't be parting anything. If the car doesn't sell, that's fine, I'll just keep her and continue to mod her. I'm ok with that too.

I had a chance to buy the same car Jon bought for right at $12,000 but passed. So, although Dalton went over board, that figure isn't false.

Jon's car is one of the best ZHPs out there.

Connor is correct. The fact of the matter is that Nike wasn't all that far off. He asked if I paid $12K for the car. Did I? No, I paid less. And why did I not say that there? Well, I just didn't want to give him the enjoyment of trying to beat me down. For anyone that is curious, I paid $11,500 for the car. I freaking stole it as far as I'm concerned. Why am I asking $20K?? Well, first thing, in the 6 months I've owned the car, I'm into it a fair bit closer to $20k than the $11,500. Also, my $20k price is the number I grabbed out of my head. We all say we'd NEVER sell our ZHPs, but lets be real, if someone offered you $xx,xxx for the car, you'd sell it. Maybe for some of you that number is really high, say $50,000.... The fact of the matter is, if someone walked up to you with $50,000 cash, you'd walk away from that car like it never existed... There's a saying I tend to believe in... "Everything is for sale, its just a matter of price". For me, the price of $20,000 would be enough to part with the ZHP, even though in reality I don't want to sell it.

I am absolutely shocked Bill hasn't picked this one up yet. I know this is his ultimate ZHP...

I believe Bill might have found something else already... He mentioned mystic blue in his thread...

johnrando
07-16-2013, 04:40 PM
hehe, everyone should post their ZHP's for sale at $20k. First one who sells theirs get's to buy Joop's! I know I would...

lol, totally funny and love that idea. :) Except I'm waaaay too in love with my car. :biggrin

JupiterBMW
07-16-2013, 04:45 PM
I wonder what price I would let my ZHP for...
See, my point exactly... We all have a price...

lol, totally funny and love that idea. :) Except I'm waaaay too in love with my car. :biggrin
Even Rando has a price... Obviously, your price is more than $20k, which it should be as I'm sure KBB is still more than that for your car! But still, at some point you'd break...

webster
07-16-2013, 05:19 PM
i wouldn't sell my ZHP for $50k :shift

i have one of the rarest ZHPs left IMHO. coupe, alcantara, 6mt, NO OPTIONS other than sunroof, less than 63k miles and the most ideal maintenance/mods you could put in aside from FI. coded with clown nose blink and >10mph auto lock. it has a couple scuffs on the exterior, but you'd have to pry it outta my cold dead fingers.

carry on with thread...

danewilson77
07-16-2013, 06:00 PM
i wouldn't sell my ZHP for $50k :shift

i have one of the rarest ZHPs left IMHO. coupe, alcantara, 6mt, NO OPTIONS other than sunroof, less than 63k miles and the most ideal maintenance/mods you could put in aside from FI. coded with clown nose blink and >10mph auto lock. it has a couple scuffs on the exterior, but you'd have to pry it outta my cold dead fingers.

carry on with thread...

Webby..... You had me at "hello" :)

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA

JupiterBMW
07-16-2013, 06:08 PM
You guys are high... You wouldn't let go of your ZHP for $50k? Geezus... That's insane....

ryankokesh
07-16-2013, 06:11 PM
I would... Wife would kill me if I didn't. :eeps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BavarianZHP
07-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Really webster? And to think I was just gonna offer you 45k... Guess I'll discard this PM and spend my money elsewhere now. :jealous

webster
07-16-2013, 06:44 PM
i'm totally serious. i LOVE my car. i will eventually mod it with upgraded brakes, fresh suspension, LSD, paint correction, a new front bumper, and still spend less than otherwise on a new car. i think all these cats on here selling their ZHPs will feel a lot of regret down the road. literally one of the last great driver's cars.

BavarianZHP
07-16-2013, 06:55 PM
i'm totally serious. i LOVE my car. i will eventually mod it with upgraded brakes, fresh suspension, LSD, paint correction, a new front bumper, and still spend less than otherwise on a new car. i think all these cats on here selling their ZHPs will feel a lot of regret down the road. literally one of the last great driver's cars.

:waldo

ryankokesh
07-16-2013, 06:56 PM
literally one of the last great driver's cars.

That ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

illirep
07-16-2013, 06:58 PM

Believe me, I'm very very tempted...

illirep
07-16-2013, 07:10 PM

I definitely understand where you are coming from and agree. I'd let my zhp go for less than $50k ;), but I agree that modding, fixing, upgrading a very desirable zhp coupe is a better value and entertainment than 95% of what that same $20k can afford elsewhere!

cakM3
07-16-2013, 07:15 PM

Wes, I tend to agree with what you just posted. :thumbsup I have a few things left on my ZHP before I'm completed but do have the LSD, and TS2 on my list of mods. Problem is that when I put the TS2, the ZHP will be faster than my ///M :)

Believe me, I'm very very tempted...

Bill, I thought this is the car you have been looking for... :scratchinghead

BCS_ZHP
07-16-2013, 07:21 PM
^come on, it's just a little bit of cash swapping amongst the family, and you finally get what you've been lusting for for so looooooong...

webster
07-16-2013, 07:23 PM
having said all that, i'm sure Joop will get his E90 ///M and make us all think twice. gotta love a 400hp NA bimmer...

JupiterBMW
07-17-2013, 04:24 PM
having said all that, i'm sure Joop will get his E90 ///M and make us all think twice. gotta love a 400hp NA bimmer...

Seriously, I get the whole "one of the last great drivers' cars", but really... How many of us use our ZHP for strict track duty. Off the top of my head, I can think of Derek... Not many others...

For 75% of the driving we all do, an E90 ///M is no less of a "driver's" car than the ZHP...

And furthermore, for those of you that have driven in South Florida, you know that everything is flat, straight, and boring... There is ZERO need for a true "driver's car" down here...

Besides, we all know that I just want a fun car, I personally don't need a driver's car... I want to look out and just see that amazing machine sitting in the driveway. No other reason.

BavarianZHP
07-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Yeah, let's not start a ZHP vs M3 debate... We can all agree that both cars are truly amazing.

*Cough* "ZHP" *Cough* "FTW" *Cough*

cakM3
07-17-2013, 04:36 PM
... I want to look out and just see that amazing machine sitting in the driveway. No other reason.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this Jon! :thumbsup

Yeah, let's not start a ZHP vs M3 debate... We can all agree that both cars are truly amazing.

*Cough* "ZHP" *Cough* "FTW" *Cough*

Agreed....both cars are amazing....I know ;)

Vas
07-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Imo I wouldn't sell the zhp. Might even regret it.

If you want power then s/c the zhp.

Plus it would even be better being lowered.

3ZHPGUY
07-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Seriously, I get the whole "one of the last great drivers' cars", but really... How many of us use our ZHP for strict track duty. Off the top of my head, I can think of Derek... Not many others...

For 75% of the driving we all do, an E90 ///M is no less of a "driver's" car than the ZHP...

And furthermore, for those of you that have driven in South Florida, you know that everything is flat, straight, and boring... There is ZERO need for a true "driver's car" down here...

Besides, we all know that I just want a fun car, I personally don't need a driver's car... I want to look out and just see that amazing machine sitting in the driveway. No other reason.

About the track thing Jon, last spring before my move, I worked a driving school at Mid-Ohio and found 2 guys that had just purchased their ZHPs with the intention of track only use. I also talked to several others that would consider that with the prices dropping.

webster
07-17-2013, 05:08 PM

fair enough, but one point of discussion here: no need to use the ZHP at the track to appreciate its driving aesthetics and behavior. the best definition of a 'driver's car' imho is one that lets you enjoy the routine drives, the trips around the corner to the grocery store or the gym, even at low speed. i would argue the E90 M3 (any M3 really) needs higher speeds and/or a track to be able to enjoy the higher threshold of performance that it offers.

i get a smile on my face every time i turn a corner or let the inline 6 rev up to 4-5k out of a stop sign. it's the little things the ZHP does that make it so special. kinda like the Miata or the original Boxster....

derbo
07-17-2013, 09:17 PM
BACK ON TOPIC,

hope you find a good buyer. im tempted to sell mine just to get yours..cause its white.. :drool:

JupiterBMW
07-18-2013, 06:41 AM
BACK ON TOPIC,

hope you find a good buyer. im tempted to sell mine just to get yours..cause its white.. :drool:

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Burrogs
07-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Imo I wouldn't sell the zhp. Might even regret it.

If you want power then s/c the zhp.

Plus it would even be better being lowered.

Ditto, he's definitely right about the suspension bit ;)

JupiterBMW
07-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Ditto, he's definitely right about the suspension bit ;)

Yeah, I don't disagree... Tell you what... You go to Turner Motorsports website, order up a set of Bilstein PSS10 coilovers and ship them to me. Then I'll install...

Shit ain't cheap! :rofl

zhpnsnv
07-18-2013, 11:43 AM
As I've said, all the best luck on this sale.

I think it's the right thing to do to put the information about the swapped interior into the ad, either right when you list it as a Natural Brown car, or where you list the modifications you've done. To me, this epitomizes the term modification, even if the final product is still "stock." From the perspective of the seller, I want the buyer to know everything and not have to jump through hoops to get the information. From the perspective of the buyer, I want to know the seller is telling me everything that is in his or her power to tell me right from the start. Certainly, I do not believe you are trying to mislead people, especially Mafia Brethren, but I think it's a necessary part of the advertisement.

I offer that opinion with all due and intended respect in the world, sir.

Vas
07-18-2013, 12:47 PM
You don't have to go with bilstein coilovers. Shoot even a cup kit would be great.

Burrogs
07-18-2013, 01:52 PM
I went Koni FSDs and prokit. $1000, but I did full suspension overhaul so about $2500 all in with DYI labor. That said, the refresh effectively kicked the can down the road another 3 years at least. I figure the car likely won't depreciate to lower than $10k over its lifetime so I'm basically driving a non depreciating asset. Much better than throwing money down a hole on a new car. Two months car payment on a new 335 is more than I'll spend in a year in repairs/maintenance on the old ZHP. Still hope you're able to collect on your asking price.

derbo
07-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Back on topic. Glws. :)

JupiterBMW
07-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Back on topic. Glws. :)

Thank you sir. :)

derbo
07-19-2013, 09:47 PM
i think this is the only real replacement car for Joop

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/3917951747.html

http://images4.carsforsale.com/479751/814F2B05-00B8-4BC8-8E92-9DBAB226FBD4.jpg

http://images4.carsforsale.com/479751/80D1A762-8E42-4349-8A83-7038A921B329.jpg

JupiterBMW
07-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Very close Derek... Its almost exactly what I want, but its missing the ZCP (Competition Package)...

For instance, this is THE car...

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3909377950.html

http://images.craigslist.org/00V0V_ybqkNdNtII_600x450.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/00202_3f85MwnOPmd_600x450.jpg

JupiterBMW
07-19-2013, 09:58 PM
I've been dreaming about this car for months... Freaking kills me! Someday... :)

derbo
07-19-2013, 10:06 PM
:drool forgot about ZCP.

Avetiso
07-19-2013, 10:14 PM
What transmission are you trying to get?

JupiterBMW
07-20-2013, 05:49 AM
I'd honestly be ok with either. The good thing about DCT is that my wife can drive it, and it is technically faster, but the 6MT would be great too, because throttle blip... :drool Although, techincally, the DCT does rev match...

Stigissimo
07-20-2013, 06:03 AM
So question: why haven't you bought it yet? :) Haha I didn't even think it was possible to find zcp aw and natty browns for sale

[Insert witty phrase about Tapatalk here]

JupiterBMW
07-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Why haven't I bought it yet? Clearly you haven't looked at either of the two linked CL ads for those cars. The one Derek posted is $59k, and the one I posted is $64k... :crying

And just for the record, that interior is "Bamboo" not natural brown... :biggrin A lighter version, closer to the ZHP sand colored interior... I would prefer it a touch darker, but they didn't offer it. In fact, I don't even think you could get Cinnamon leather... Still, the two tone though, much like my natural brown interior... :drool

Stigissimo
07-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Haha I know they're expensive I was just playing with you. Well there is another option: s54 swap + m3 rear end.. If you've got money to kill ;)

JupiterBMW
07-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Yeah, its funny you mention that because just last night when Derek posted about the E90 M3, I was actually online trying to locate a donor M3. If I keep the car, I'll go for either an S54 or S65 swap. I don't have that kind of money to burn right now, but one of those swaps will be my ultimate goal for the car.

328ioc
07-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Yeah, its funny you mention that because just last night when Derek posted about the E90 M3, I was actually online trying to locate a donor M3. If I keep the car, I'll go for either an S54 or S65 swap. I don't have that kind of money to burn right now, but one of those swaps will be my ultimate goal for the car.

I say look into an S62 as well. Might be easier to find a donor M5 since they are older.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Torxuvin
07-20-2013, 12:31 PM
I distinctly remember showing Jon a AW/bamboo e90m3 that I was looking at months and months ago. I'm planning to pick one up myself as soon as they drop under 30k.

derbo
07-20-2013, 03:05 PM

S54 would be awesome. I'm not actively looking for one but I would love to get a rear ended M3 for 6-8K. Add about 2-3k more for maintenance/hidden costs to the swap and bam, S54 swapped ZHP.

Stigissimo
07-20-2013, 03:15 PM
I thought you can get m3 rear ends for less 6

Avetiso
07-20-2013, 05:02 PM
I've seen people fit an S85 into our bays. That would be wicked.

Stigissimo
07-20-2013, 05:08 PM

That is almost unfathomable. It would be GLORIOUS

cakM3
07-20-2013, 05:12 PM

It's been done but lots of modifications to the engine/tranny support and ECU.....oh, and lot's of $$$$$$$.... but it is possible.

JupiterBMW
07-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Sooo, anyone want to buy a fantastic AW ZHP sedan for this swap? OP is selling one.... :shifty

Avetiso
07-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Actually, Jon, I think you are the perfect candidate to carry it out. :)

JupiterBMW
07-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Honestly, if I keep the car, and eventually I get enough spare cash, I'd love to. I'd really like to stuff an S65 into there, just for the noise afterward, but realistically, I'd go with an S54 just for ease of the swap... Easy compared to an S65 that is...

BCAN
07-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Bro just swap in a 2jz and you'll have a bmsupra

good idea right guise

JupiterBMW
07-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Brenan, you're kidding right?!?

BCAN
07-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Yeah of course I am, you'd have to be an idiot to use a 2JZ.

RB25DET 4 lyfe bro.

Nah I'm still joking.

jiggz
07-20-2013, 09:00 PM
15 pages already...any serious buyers for this car??

derbo
07-20-2013, 09:24 PM
4 with the maximum posts per page :)

In reality, I hate to see Jon sell it.

Johal E32
07-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Ls3 swap your car and you will be a VERY happy camper :)

GLWS!

Avetiso
07-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Bro just swap in a 2jz and you'll have a bmsupra

good idea right guise
:rofl bmsupra

Classic.

derbo
07-20-2013, 11:33 PM
BM-yota BPU++++++ 3 series

JupiterBMW
07-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Ls3 swap your car and you will be a VERY happy camper :)

GLWS!

How dare you suggest such blasphemy! I will do no such thing! :biggrin

SALE or S54 or S65... in that order...

derbo
07-21-2013, 02:43 PM
S54 is best.. Kalim made me want that swap.. :facepalm

Vas
07-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Man s54 swap.