PDA

View Full Version : FS: (SOLD) 2006 ZHP Coupe - TiSilver/Alcantara, 6spd, 57k. One owner, euro delivery. 20K FIRM

MiHiZHP
07-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Wow - that was fast. Potential buyer has asked for a 24 hour hold, effective through 7/18/13 at 4pm Mountain.

One owner (leased then purchased, because well...), Euro Delivery. 6spd Manual. Cloth/alcantara (barely passed gas on or in and none since I became a vegetarian in 2010 - which has surprised me) Black cube trim. Heated Seats. First Aid Kit. Warning Triangle. HK Button (it goes to eleven). BMW CCA Window Sticker (Rare). Fully charged BMW Flashlight located in glovebox. Trim has never seen Armor All, tires never slathered in anything "wet look". No coconut, vanilla, Hawaiian meadow air freshener etc.

57,2xx miles/$20,000 FIRM

ZHPMAFIA Members receive additional $500 off.

Trades considered: Time Machine (must be in working condition and have certificate of authenticity), full head of hair (prefer post nero cut George Clooney, but will consider any length Brad Pitt or 2011 or newer Ellen DeGeneres - yes, you read that right. No Fauxhawks!), next months Powerball Jackpot numbers (I will kick back 10-20% of total winnings depending on jackpot total), Leprechaun (Live and in good health, with or without pot o' gold, but must have tamper proof cage), 1 pair of Blake Liveley's underwear (she must be in them - no exceptions).

First couple hundred miles spent on the autobahn in drizzly weather. This baby loves the slop. Eats it up. Eats the slop. Born to slop. Her father was a mudder. Her Mother was a mudder.

Stock with the exception of BMW Performance Intake and Turner Motorsport black kidney grills. Less than 5k on Zimmerman rotors and akebono pads. Some road rash/stone chips, but not excessive - especially for a Colorado car. Cracked a foglight and within a few weeks of replacing it, the other one cracked. So now I just cover them with blue duct tape. Wheels are in good shape, a couple with very minor curbing. Accident free with one exception: A few months ago I was paying too much attention to a couple kids running around the IKEA parking lot (their Starbucks sippin momma wasn't), and not enough attention to the gray concrete pole next to me. Hit the pole while backing out at very low speed but it did leave quite a scrape - my pride took the brunt of the damage. Work order and pics are available. But lesson learned. Next time I'll just run those little ba$tard$ over - hip check them at the very least. Still turns heads (or would that be a disdainful stare?) who knows. Service records avail. Feel free to pm any questions. More pics on request. I'll toss in a full set of snows (3 seasons).

Reason for sale: Moving to downtown Denver (house is for sale too), buying a scooter (or maybe I'll just walk everywhere), launching a podcast network and pursuing my stand-up comedy/writing career. No seriously. Wait, where are you going? Really? After all we've been through you are just going to leave? You have been telling me for the last couple years I should do more than the occasional open mic. What? FINE, go to your mothers!

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/FSBO.cfm?report=DE7E5F45E7593ED75F6398D4EC0A941C

BavarianZHP
07-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Mother of .... :jawdrop

That has to be one of the cleanest, most immaculate ZHP's I have ever seen. Your ad is just hilarious to boot! I must have cracked up at least half a dozen times, even my roommate was wondering what I was reading. LOL. Great job and GLWS

danewilson77
07-17-2013, 01:48 AM
Lol @ promo code.

Glws MiHi.

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA

MiHiZHP
07-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Mother of .... :jawdrop

That has to be one of the cleanest, most immaculate ZHP's I have ever seen. Your ad is just hilarious to boot! I must have cracked up at least half a dozen times, even my roommate was wondering what I was reading. LOL. Great job and GLWS

Thanks Bav - but I think the light from the Colorado Sunset helped. In all honesty, I'd say the exterior is 8.5/10 (road rash and stone chips mostly - using Dr. Colorchip has helped) and interior is 9/10.

FYI, edit to original post - Reason for sale and Promo code savings should have been $2500 iso $1500. KBB.com (and the internet is always right) put's the value at $20500.

fredo
07-17-2013, 07:22 AM
LOL. My wife would love if I go vegetarian. Very original ad. GLWS !

BavarianZHP
07-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Can anyone link me to Blake Lively's fan email or cell number? Greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hornung418
07-17-2013, 08:34 AM
:rofl the Seinfeld reference had me rolling.

Clean car and a very entertaining ad. Best of luck with the sale. She's worth it.

From a GS3, this was sent.

zhpnsnv
07-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Brilliant ad.

illirep
07-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Wow - sweet coupe. This will not last long.

niart906
07-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Free bump for the best damn ad I've read in a while. GLWS

Despite the price, this should sell. Looks minty fresh. :thumbup

MiHiZHP
07-17-2013, 01:32 PM
OP EDIT - Price now 20K FIRM, ZHPMAFIA members, family and vetted friends get it for $19500.

Potential buyer - car "on-hold" until 7/18/13 at 4pm MTN.

BavarianZHP
07-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Congrats. I wish you both luck in the transaction!

BCS_ZHP
07-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Should I? No, the dog's bed isn't big enough for the both of us.

If someone here on this forum in the hunt doesn't buy this ASAP, then you're not seriously searching for a ZHP. Bust your budget, this type of offer will never ever happen again. There are very, very few one owner ZHPs left, with all records, with all original paint, with an enthusiast owner, etc. Full knowledge of the entire history of the car with proper maintenance from day one is priceless, worth so much more to me and should be to you too. There should actually be a bidding war on this car.

Damn, wish my wagon had already sold...

webster
07-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Bummed another OG is trying to sell, but I understand them's the breaks. His mudda was a mudda...classic! This car looks great.

OP, can you post maintenance history for those that might be legitimately interested in pursuing purchase? A true enthusiast is going to wonder about fluids, cooling system, oil change intervals, etc etc. Might make the asking price a little easier to swallow. SO GLAD that we at ZHP Mafia don't immediately resort to "OMG you can get an E46 M3 for that price WTF are you thinking?!" type mentality. ala every other BMW forum basically lol.

danewilson77
07-18-2013, 04:35 AM
Wow - that was fast. Potential buyer has asked for a 24 hour hold, effective through 7/18/13 at 4pm Mountain.

This

MiHiZHP
07-18-2013, 10:44 AM
If this deal falls through, I will for sure post service records. Truth be told, for the first couple years I pretty much stuck to BMW's plan - although I never went 15k between oil changes, more like 10 or 12k. Then I started going to about 7500. Since about 2011 I began doing it myself at 5k (ish) intervals. Also replaced the thermostat, rotors, pads, brake fluid and coolant (diy). 90% dealer maintained, 5% diy and 5% and my local indy mechs.

MiHiZHP
07-18-2013, 01:12 PM
SO GLAD that we at ZHP Mafia don't immediately resort to "OMG you can get an E46 M3 for that price WTF are you thinking?!" type mentality. ala every other BMW forum basically lol.

I was surprised at that myself, but would have completely understood had it happened. To me, the one owner and euro delivery history added a couple grand to the price - the trick would have been to convince a buyer of that.

MiHiZHP
07-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Sold!

seabassx
07-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Congrats!

BCS_ZHP
07-18-2013, 06:41 PM
I think your car was a steal at any price, congrats on the sale, I hope you don't miss it too much. I paid a premium for our sparkling graphite one a year ago but those that have driven it said it doesn't compare to other ZHPs, drives like its brand new, 65K miles when I bought it and we've added 10K of mileage, still tighter than any BMW I've ever driven.

BavarianZHP
07-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Congrats! You're gonna miss her...

zhpnsnv
07-19-2013, 04:35 AM
Congrats! That mileage, that maint. history, bone stock, enthusiast owner, 2006 model, etc... this is the epitome of a +/- $20k ZHP.

Will the new owner please stand up and take a bow?!

illirep
07-19-2013, 05:48 AM
That was a steal. If it had four doors, I would have sent funds and listed the mystic blue sedan simultaneously! Congrats!

MiHiZHP
07-22-2013, 08:05 AM
[QUOTE=zhpnsnv;284575] this is the epitome of a +/- $20k ZHP.[QUOTE]

This made me think of Brian Regan's 'The Epitome of Hyperbole'

illirep
08-06-2013, 02:56 AM
This went to EAG?

webster
08-06-2013, 06:26 PM
^yup. here she is:

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?id=4651&form_display=51#.UgGv421BEnw

looks like EAG swapped out the Performance Intake and TMS Kidneys and went back to stock (prob hocked the intake for a tidy profit)

illirep
08-07-2013, 06:15 PM
I would love some insight as to what they own this car for and therefore have a better idea of what their profit margins are on the ZHP's! Op care to share?

BCS_ZHP
08-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Don't try to make enemies with EAG, i love that they can get what they can get, their prices are helping to maintain the value of our cars

danewilson77
08-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Who was trying to make enemies with EAG?

BCS_ZHP
08-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Guess enemies was the wrong word to use. Just saying, it's a materialistic world, profit makes it go round. We shouldn't worry about what they're actually making but rather just be happy they're doing so to keep the values of our cars high. More power to them and hope they can continue it.

danewilson77
08-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Understood.

illirep
08-08-2013, 04:58 PM
That was a bizarre response...not looking to make enemies of the people that are an inspiration to me.

I'm entertaining the idea of a smaller scale but similar business model in Central NJ. It wouldn't hurt to have a little insider info on what the potential margins would be and whether they justify the investment of time, money and opportunity cost.

BCS_ZHP
08-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Bill,
Somewhat bizarre is that very private info was asked of the OP, there is absolutely no reason he should feel obligated to share that type of info. The deal he consummated was a private deal, he shouldn't be expected to share it, and real car dealers never share that type of info.

From having done this in the past, you need to target 25-30% margins per transaction, some you do better, some less, but try to make it out to average that, it's a decent living if you can turn enough cars per month. The exceptions, on the low end are no less than 2500 profit, high end you can lower the percentage as long as you're clearing 5K per deal. Then make your shop self sufficient, it has to make a profit on its own, you using it should be just icing on the cake. Same holds true for your detailing shop. Do not get into the body shop/paint business, sub that work out, it does not have a lucrative profit margin unless you have heavy volume like an independent shop does. You'll have to carry some of this initially, plan for it, but you can't afford that for more than a year or so.

Another tidbit, don't borrow money or get a line of credit, fund it all yourself. Start small & let your own profit guide the business's growth. Tough to do but if you have to liquidate you don't want to owe anyone but yourself.
Bruce