PDA

View Full Version : E46 M3 Video

2kBMW3Series
07-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Hey all, yesterday a couple of friends and I decided to shoot a video for my car.

Tried to use all sorts of locations ranging from trainyards to breweries.

Hope you enjoy! And definitely let us know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxFcMoxKbzw&feature=youtu.be

Avetiso
07-22-2013, 11:35 AM
I love the car. I think the effects are a little overboard, though. A tad too much. Should be slower, too. I want more time to see specific parts of the car.

But Phoenix yellow is so pretty. Goodness. Need more exhaust clips, too.

johnrando
07-22-2013, 12:16 PM
I like it, nice work. If I had to be picky, I'd say one too many shots panning away from the car to the scenery, think one of those should have lingered on the car more (maybe the one by the water). But, cool idea. I've wanted to make a video of my car. Nice reference point for me, some nice shots.

Avetiso
07-22-2013, 12:19 PM
I like it, nice work. If I had to be picky, I'd say one too many shots panning away from the car to the scenery, think one of those should have lingered on the car more (maybe the one by the water). But, cool idea. I've wanted to make a video of my car.

I support this idea. We need one before summer is out, Rando!

danewilson77
07-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Well done 2k.

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA

2kBMW3Series
07-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys, your suggestions have been noted for the next video. :)

UdubBadger
07-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Some nice camera language in there.

While I appreciate the shots you used some seemed to repeat themselves and by the end you didn't really tell me anything about the car other than showing me its a car. Since you clearly have skills with camera work, put it to use to present the car a certain way to tell us something about it.

Nice work though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2kBMW3Series
07-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Thank you for the compliment, however it must be noted that I did not film this video.

My friend Damir did. His camera work is excellent, if anyone's interested in more here you go:
https://www.facebook.com/damiralisaphotography

But him and I were talking tonight and we both feel that we should have used some more shots based around the car, especially rolling/exhaust clips. We'll be sure to include those next time. :)

UdubBadger
07-23-2013, 03:38 AM
Cool excited to see it. And again take my criticism as just pushing a very well shot vid to the next level.

I really enjoyed my video classes in college, would love to make some more myself.

Always wanted to do something like this.

http://youtu.be/3-4R26hKWgY

mLuMaN83
07-23-2013, 07:40 AM
More car shots. More interior shots. More close ups such as steering wheel badges, headlight internals, speedo needles, shift knobs, ect. Slower.

Btw... How's Vermont? I'm finally back in Florida. AhAAAA! I thought you were coming to USF?

johnrando
07-23-2013, 08:07 AM
I like that one Seth. Wonder how the do the above shots. A rig on a separate vehicle?

2kBMW3Series
07-23-2013, 10:07 AM
More car shots. More interior shots. More close ups such as steering wheel badges, headlight internals, speedo needles, shift knobs, ect. Slower.

Btw... How's Vermont? I'm finally back in Florida. AhAAAA! I thought you were coming to USF?

Noted! The pace was a bit quick in the video but we'll look into that next time. We're already beginning to jot down notes on what to film next time, your examples are appreciated!

And I'm jealous, very jealous. VT is not fun at all man...I've been wanting to visit FL all summer long. I've decided to finish school over at UVM instead, the amount of money that I'll save will be ridiculously large. I just feel that it's the smarter thing to do, despite wanting to go down there and party with the sexy girls every evening.

KensZHP
07-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Nice video, I liked it. But like everyone else more inside shots and exterior and a little slower. But still a kick ass video

UdubBadger
07-23-2013, 10:39 AM
I like that one Seth. Wonder how the do the above shots. A rig on a separate vehicle?

Actually its a mix of video and time lapse photos on a rig. LOTS of post editing for that but as you can tell its hella sexy looking.

mLuMaN83
07-23-2013, 11:03 PM
That IS in fact the smart thing to do. Maybe if you go into a graduate program you can relocate. Trust me, the partying thing really isnt that important or great as you get older. Yeah I had some good times but it wasnt really that great. I'm actually starting school this fall then transferring over to UCF next year. Crazy.

Plus it's good you stayed put... with all the sharknados and all.