PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Sport Seats (or M3) With Adjustable Lumbar - For Retrofit

TomTomTuning
07-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Hey,

My ZHP did not come with Premium Package so I don't have adjustable lumbar support. I have a bad back and lumbar support would really help, so I'm super interested in doing a retrofit.

My seats are in pretty amazing shape, so I'm mainly looking for donor seats to swap out the guts.

I'll have to do some research to see what all seats I can do the retrofit from but I know Charlie used M3 seats. I'm guessing it will be Sport seats or M3.

Thanks,
Tom.

Pip
07-28-2013, 06:14 PM
From experience you can use any sport seat from e46. That includes coupe, sedan, and convertible.

My original research said convertible wouldn't work because it has different pump part number, but if you get a donor seat it won't matter. The location is really the only difference - convertible pump is located on the upper part of the seat (you'll have longer tubing) and the coupe/sedan pump is near the bottom. I currently have convertible guts in my sedan seats.

Here is a great place to start - http://www.tmk.com/lumbar/index.shtml.

It would be ideal to find an accident car parting out the seats for parts like I did.

TomTomTuning
07-28-2013, 06:19 PM
From experience you can use any sport seat from e46. That includes coupe, sedan, and convertible.

My original research said convertible wouldn't work because it has different pump part number, but if you get a donor seat it won't matter. The location is really the only difference - convertible pump is located on the upper part of the seat (you'll have longer tubing) and the coupe/sedan pump is near the bottom. I currently have convertible guts in my sedan seats.

Here is a great place to start - http://www.tmk.com/lumbar/index.shtml.

It would be ideal to find an accident car parting out the seats for parts like I did.
Awesome Sean, I really appreciate the info.

I started looking for cars being parted on craigslist, I will check E46f and other forums as well.

How much did you pay for the seats?

cakM3
07-28-2013, 06:38 PM
I feel your pain Tom...I'm in the same boat regarding needing lumbar support. I was very lucky to source my ///M seats last weekend so that I can begin the process of retrofitting lumbar support and side bolster adjustment into my ZHP as soon as I'm finished with my college class. A few weeks more and my ZHP will be given another very useful mod that her driver will sincerely appreciate :)

If I find anything come up I'll be sure to give you a heads up :thumbsup

Pip
07-28-2013, 09:10 PM
It is definitely one of my favorite mods because it is so useful and makes the car more enjoyable.

I paid $160 - the seats were damaged. It was worth it to me because finding just the retrofit kit is pretty expensive. I tried to part out some pieces to bring down the cost but just said screw it after a couple months of no bites on eBay and CL.

Tnhl1989
07-29-2013, 02:02 AM
Just checked eBay and there seems to be a good amount of lumbar parts on there.

I was searching last night for bolster support but I'm not sure if anyone actually covered a retrofit for that. I am hoping Charlie could provide a in depth DIY with photos and part numbers. Of course I know when Charlie is able to do this mod I'll probably be there to give him a hand as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2