PDA

View Full Version : WTB - ZHP sedan, MT

330blast
09-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi all,

I am searching for my first ZHP. Must be a sedan with MT.

I am quite flexible with exterior color except IR and AW.

Interior has to be leather (otherwise, Armin's OB is a steal at current price), I would prefer light color (sand, grey), but will consider all if the condition is mint.

Budget: I hope to keep it under $15,000 including shipping, but will stretch for the right car.

Timeline: Immediate

Funds: Cash in hand

Any lead is greatly appreciated.

Drive on !!

Avetiso
09-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Good luck finding one! Hope you get what you are looking for; don't know what you don't like about Alcantara, though, that stuff is wicked awesome.

330blast
09-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks.

Personal preference I guess. I know most people don't like grey leather in a ZHP, but that is my favorite color. Searching the for sale forum back several months, I think 90% of the car has black interior, out of which, maybe 60% is Alcantara. So yeah, it will take me a little while, or I may even need to pay a primium for the color.

On a side note, the searching process is kind of fun, albeit could get stressful and frustrating.

Avetiso
09-24-2013, 01:05 PM
I have a full gray interior from my ZHP. It needs a very thorough cleaning and some love, if you don't mind swapping interiors.

ELCID86
09-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Plenty of them out there. See cars.com autotrader.com, eBay, etc. GLWH.

Where are you?

Shawn in VA.
Via thumbs and Tapatalk.

ELCID86
09-24-2013, 01:28 PM
I think I and others have posited several that meet your needs that may still be available.

Shawn in VA.
Via thumbs and Tapatalk.

330blast
09-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Shawn,

I am in SF Bay area. Just joined the forum today. I do notice that you have posted many leads.

I have browsed the for sale forum here serveral times in the last week or so, haven't yet found a good one though. I have been checking cragis list, autotrader, cars.com daily. a couple times on ebay, too.

ELCID86
09-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Welcome. Should be easy to find a car out that way. Be patient. I've found the cPRO Craigslist Pro+ app to be very good at finding cars that CL doesn't show as readily.

Shawn in VA.
Via thumbs and Tapatalk.

JupiterBMW
09-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Wait, you don't love AW???

Mods? I believe a ban is in order... :shifty

:biggrin Just playin' man, really good to have you on board... see what I did there? :rofl

Good luck in finding your perfect ZHP... It apparently won't be AW, so it won't be THE perfect ZHP, but you know, to each their own... :rofl

330blast
10-04-2013, 11:37 AM
I put a deposit on this one, will fly over tomorrow. Hope everything goes smoothly.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=95120&endYear=2005&listingType=all&ownerId=68421833&listingTypes=all&transmissionCode=MAN&sellerTypes=p&sellerType=p&transmissionCodes=MAN&listingId=352879696&mmt=%5BBMW%5B330I%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&vehicleStyleCodes=SEDAN&modelCode1=330I&startYear=2003&makeCode1=BMW&searchRadius=0&bodyStyleCodes=%5BSEDAN%5D

fredo
10-04-2013, 12:41 PM
What a beauty, with lots of maintenance done. I think this is "the one." Please keep us posted.

ELCID86
10-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Link is dead. Hope it goes smoothly.

Shawn in VA.
Via thumbs and Tapatalk.

fredo
10-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Strange, the link still works for me.

zhpnsnv
10-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Looks like a great pickup.

az3579
10-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Looks like a great pickup.

Looks like a ZHP to me. :dunno

330blast
10-07-2013, 12:50 PM
I bought the car for $13K. I think it's a fair deal, probably not super good, but the gray leather interior is very hard to find, plus all other factors (wheel condition, number of key fobs, maintenance history, PPI result, etc), this the cloest match.

The driver's seat is a big let down though, worn out much more than I expected. It's quite dirty with some minor cracks, but the passenger's seat is in much better condition, and rear seats are close to new. All door trims/panels are like new, overall the car is very clean inside out, just the driver's seat was somehow neglected.

I might back out if it's local (may still go for it since there is only one negative), but buying remotely, I was too much into it. I am fairly certain that cost of the deposit + air tieckts (about $900) could get the seat repair into very good condition. I will visit a couple of local uphostery shop this week for estimate.

Driving 6 hours back to San Jose in the ZHP was really a big treat. Despite the LA traffic, winding through San Fernando valley, and west 152, the ZHP handled effortlessly with precision, and loads of power to deliver (even at 6th gear). Cruising on highway 5 was very stable and comfortable. Absolutely the best car I have driven so far.

As with any 9 years old car, there is a list of things I need to take care to make it near perfect (most costmetic and fairly minor). Besides the driver's seat upholster, the head lense needs to be cleaned (has oxidization), need to buy a new cup holder, a new emblem for one of the key fob, the rubber piece at the bottome of the windshield is really dry and cracked a several places, so needs a replacement. The side marker clear lens is showing its age (getting yellowish), so needs to be replaced also. That's pretty much it, the car is indeed in good condition, and doesn't need much immediate care.

The tires (Hankook ventus v12) has run almost 24K miles, and are close to the end of its tread life. I saw a lot of good comments on these tires, but they were very loud on my way back. Not sure if there is cuppling or the tires were just load when tread is low.

Well, I am officially a mafia with ZHP now

fredo
10-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Silver ... Well done !

trancenation
10-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Congrats on your purchase! Hope to see you around SJ sometime.

BavarianZHP
10-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I think that one has been up for quite some time if I'm not mistaken. Don't be afraid to negotiate aggressively. I hope the best for both parties.

EDIT: CONGRATS!

Avetiso
10-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Congrats. Don't waste your time with an upholstery shop. You should be able to find a replacement seat with the same options in much better condition for cheap.

Sent from a junkyard via GS4.

330blast
10-07-2013, 01:31 PM
The seller is an enthusiast, had three e46 (one M3, one ZHP coupe, one ZHP sedan, which is mine now). So he knows the value of ZHP, and was holding his ground on the price quite firmly. That was why it had been around for a while.

I tracked it for a month, and finally reached the agreement on the price. He started with $14K.

I was quite stressed out searching the right one for months, and still think it's fairly good pickup.

danewilson77
10-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Or try to restore drivers seat with leatherique :dunno

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

az3579
10-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Leatherique will restore that seat to as new as a condition as possible. From the pics, that seat really doesn't look that bad. I think an application of Leatherique will make it look close to new.

You should do the entire interior with that product to protect and rejuvenate the other seats as well.

danewilson77
10-07-2013, 07:43 PM
You should do the entire interior with that product to protect and rejuvenate the other seats as well.

+1

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

330blast
10-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys. I will give leatherique a try first.

Lanister
10-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the fam-bam!

If I can suggest not getting a new cup holder but rather a euro tray replacement. You'd be much happier with it, as it offers more utility in form of storage space and sliding lid to hide contents. In addition, it has a slit to pass audio/charge cables through for your phone/mp3 player. Mine is arriving tomorrow! :)

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/imported/2010/09/2031.jpg

Yellowing side blinkers are a breeze to replace, they're $29/piece. I just did mine.

As suggested, look for an entire used seat rather than doing upholstery. It's a nightmare to deal with otherwise.

ELCID86
10-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Congrats. +1 on Leatherique and the euro tray replacement. Just put one in my son's car this weekend. That couple with the UltimateCupHolders and you will be happy.