PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Damage?

das boots
10-04-2013, 08:09 PM
I removed my front trim mouldings for replacement and I found this. I do not know what caused the damage. I do not even know what is the square bolt head???? First photo is the right side and second is the left damage side. It looks like the bumper was jammed in or the bumper hit something sometime way back B.D.B. (Before Das Boots era).

Avetiso
10-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Someone just used those in place of clips, probably. Get a large washer, new clip, and you should be good, IMHO.

das boots
10-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Someone just used those in place of clips, probably. Get a large washer, new clip, and you should be good, IMHO.

Can that square thingiemagig easily pulled out?

Avetiso
10-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Can that square thingiemagig easily pulled out?

Not sure... is it a screw?

Sent from a junkyard via GS4.

das boots
10-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Not sure. Big question......

EmDeeAr
10-07-2013, 12:01 PM
My car had that kind of square bolt on the left side (when looking at the front of the car) as well. It was loosely placed in there, so it just popped right out... fell out, really.

Just get the plastic push-pins that are used for the rest of the holes up there. Check RealOEM. It will tell you how many push pins you need. I bet you will find that the amount of push pins on your car right now + those two square bolts = the total amount of push pins shown on RealOEM. That is, someone put those square bolts on there in place of the correct push pins.

das boots
10-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Yes you are right. The square thingie bolt is lose and just rotates. Let me play with this and maybe the square bolt would be pulled out. As for the plastic rivets, they are all in their place and complete set. So, it is only on this area that is damaged. Good thing, the damage is well hidden by the bumper trim mouldings.