PDA

View Full Version : Got Nailed by an Expedition

Junior2552
12-18-2013, 03:53 AM
Holy crap. I was taking the ZHP to my brother's to get the coilovers and wheels off of it (for trade-in; for shame...), and a Ford Expedition came across three lanes of traffic and smashed my driver side door. Trapped me inside for a minute or two. I kicked the door open, keep in mind, I drive a convertible, and get out, and there is a HOLE in the side of my car. Titanic hole. "Expedition dead ahead" type stuff. It made me so angry. The guy that hit me was three lanes over going the POLAR OPPOSITE DIRECTION. There was no corner or intersection, so don't ask me how I ended up getting t-boned in a straight line....

I literally just bought a new Passat that day, and now it's on hold because the body shop has my car. I bought ANOTHER Beamer, so I got rid of the ZHP. It was killing me to watch her sit there. The Passat is $100 cheaper a month and still has four years of warranty left. While the ZHP is gone, something took it's place (relatively speaking), so I'll be around here still.

Pictures when I get a chance.

danewilson77
12-18-2013, 04:05 AM
Damn Junior. I'm glad your Ok.

It's not a toy, it's a Droid > Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH

ELCID86
12-18-2013, 04:44 AM
Ditto. Glad you are ok (a real blessing) and hope you get it sorted out quickly.

Johnmadd
12-18-2013, 05:25 AM
Damn Junior. I'm glad your Ok.

It's not a toy, it's a Droid > Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH

+1

az3579
12-18-2013, 05:44 AM
Holy crap. I was taking the ZHP to my brother's to get the coilovers and wheels off of it (for trade-in; for shame...), and a Ford Expedition came across three lanes of traffic and smashed my driver side door. Trapped me inside for a minute or two. I kicked the door open, keep in mind, I drive a convertible, and get out, and there is a HOLE in the side of my car. Titanic hole. "Expedition dead ahead" type stuff. It made me so angry. The guy that hit me was three lanes over going the POLAR OPPOSITE DIRECTION. There was no corner or intersection, so don't ask me how I ended up getting t-boned in a straight line....

I literally just bought a new Passat that day, and now it's on hold because the body shop has my car. I bought ANOTHER Beamer, so I got rid of the ZHP. It was killing me to watch her sit there. The Passat is $100 cheaper a month and still has four years of warranty left. While the ZHP is gone, something took it's place (relatively speaking), so I'll be around here still.

Pictures when I get a chance.

What... the... fuck...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Vas
12-18-2013, 06:11 AM
Sorry to hear. Glad you are okay and cars can be replaced.

webster
12-18-2013, 06:53 AM
damn dude, sorry to read this. glad you're okay. wtf was the other driver doing?!

fredo
12-18-2013, 06:55 AM
This sucks. Good to hear you are ok and the ZHP protected you.

cakM3
12-18-2013, 07:02 AM
I don't know what it is with some people.....anyway, glad to hear you're okay Junior. Yeah, I would have been like "WTF?!?!?!?" on that driver....

3ZHPGUY
12-18-2013, 07:08 AM
That sucks, glad your OK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

johnrando
12-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Plus one to all comments. Holy @#$@#! Glad you're ok.

WOLFN8TR
12-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Wow that really sucks. Glad your ok!

derbo
12-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Junior, I'm glad you are okay considering it was a Tbone at the driver side.

Lanister
12-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Could have been way worse. Cars can always be replaced. Glad you're ok bro.

cakM3
12-18-2013, 08:49 AM
I just don't understand what the driver of the Expedition was thinking when they were driving up to the point when they hit you? Damn!!!!

It's stupid people like that why I've become so hesitant taking my ///M out recently :facepalm

I really hope everything will work out for you Junior!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

mLuMaN83
12-18-2013, 09:10 AM
It's is never good news hearing about these accidents. Glad you are all straight.

Avetiso
12-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Ugh. Your car was so freaking nice. So sorry to hear.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Junior2552
12-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Thanks y'all. She'll be okay. Truly blessed to still be alive and walking. Spent a precautionary night in the hospital accompanied by a cortisone shot in my hip and some sleep meds, but the ZHP will be okay. I'll post pictures ASAP. The Ford literally tore my door in half. There's a hole. Insurance was like.....how did that happen....

mLuMaN83
12-18-2013, 08:38 PM
After my accident, I question everything. Insurance, Lawyers, Cops, Doctors, and life.

Hermes
12-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Wow, this really sucks. So glad you're fine.

FYI - considering your avatar I have to correct this part of your commentary

I bought ANOTHER Beamer, so I got rid of the ZHP.

This is a Bimmer
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/72/2005_BMW_330Ci_ZHP_Silver.jpg/1024px-2005_BMW_330Ci_ZHP_Silver.jpg

This is a Beamer
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/gallery/bmw-hp4/bmw-hp4-12.jpg

cakM3
12-19-2013, 07:56 AM
That Beamer is nice JP :thumbsup

Hermes
12-19-2013, 09:30 AM
Yeah, HP4 is a sweet bike. I can't imagine riding something that powerful (193hp but weighs only 373lbs dry!)

LivesNearCostco
12-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Junior2552, glad you're okay personally. Am curious did the Expedition driver offer any explanation or excuse? Rain? Sun in eyes? Texting? Avoiding pedestrian? Tire blowout? Did the police investigate and give him a sobriety check? Not that this changes which insurance company pays, but I'd at least like to know his story.

Junior2552
12-21-2013, 06:19 AM
Wow, this really sucks. So glad you're fine.

FYI - considering your avatar I have to correct this part of your commentary

This is a Bimmer
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/72/2005_BMW_330Ci_ZHP_Silver.jpg/1024px-2005_BMW_330Ci_ZHP_Silver.jpg

This is a Beamer
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/gallery/bmw-hp4/bmw-hp4-12.jpg

Hahaha. I love this. True story.

Junior2552
12-21-2013, 06:20 AM
Junior2552, glad you're okay personally. Am curious did the Expedition driver offer any explanation or excuse? Rain? Sun in eyes? Texting? Avoiding pedestrian? Tire blowout? Did the police investigate and give him a sobriety check? Not that this changes which insurance company pays, but I'd at least like to know his story.

Not a thing. He didn't really know what to say. I was pretty upset, mostly because I was in pain, but it's called an accident for a reason. It was slippery here in Cleveland. There was some snow flying.

BavarianZHP
12-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Jeezus. Glad you're alright and that insurance is taking care of you. I'm betting excessive speed or driver distraction since the other guy's health checks out (rules out heart attack, epileptic seizure, etc.) I'm happy to hear no one got hurt or killed! For most of us here, driving is the most dangerous daily activity we participate in. Stay safe guys.

Whitexi
12-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your car, glad your ok though. Hoping for a speedy recover!

az3579
12-23-2013, 04:57 AM
I was pretty upset, mostly because I was in pain, but it's called an accident for a reason. It was slippery here in Cleveland. There was some snow flying.

Sorry man, I don't believe in accidents. Everything happens for a reason, and he was completely at fault for this. "Things happen" is an unacceptable excuse; shame on him.

Junior2552
12-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Sorry man, I don't believe in accidents. Everything happens for a reason, and he was completely at fault for this. "Things happen" is an unacceptable excuse; shame on him.

Things do happen, but losing control of your full size SUV and putting everyone else in danger for no feasible reason definitely is not excusable; you're totally right.