PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Guatemala City / Central America

JULSGT
12-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Richard, i just want to introduce myself and share with you all a couple of pictures of my 2004 zhp, i bought this car on florida at the end of june, it came with some things that had to be fixed, but i am almost done, just have to change the rear left reluctor ring because i am currently driving without assistance ABS or DSC, (prev. crash).

the following pictures are from a private track day that some friends and i went on "Autodromo los Volcanes" or Volcanoes speedway, at the beginning i start racing very carefully because it was the first time that i race the car, also is my first rwd and i just upgrade from my old 2000 ae111 toyota corolla (you can imagine that is a totally different experience for me), a couple of laps later i felt more comfortable and i start to make some pressure to the JDM Type´R teggy (in my country is partially legal to drive jdm´s), also on that track you can see an jdm vits rs (yaris with an oem trd turbo), Seat Ibiza Cupra, race-spec eg6, ej8´s and some other friends car... on this track they have advantage because is a really short track, very technical, however i just loved how the zhp reacts, how it brakes, turns etc, absolutely perfect! and everithing´s stock

well. thanks again for any opinion, and if there is anything that i can help you all, just ask.

Vid.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

ELCID86
12-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Welcome, glad to have a member from the south (way south)! I like the car. What wheels are those? (By the way, some pictures are not working--the first 4).

BCS_ZHP
12-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Welcome Richard.

Shawn, it kinda looks like style 71 wheels, BP should be able to call if they are or aren't.

JULSGT
12-29-2013, 05:16 PM
thank you for the welcome guys, and actually yes, they are style 71, but i repaint them gun metal leaving the polished lip

ELCID86
12-29-2013, 05:32 PM
Ahh, I see that now. Nice touch!

JULSGT
12-29-2013, 05:45 PM
Ahh, I see that now. Nice touch!
Thank you!

Avetiso
12-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Wow, that's awesome! Welcome to the family, buddy. Enjoy your stay here.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

danewilson77
12-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Richard, welcome.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

fredo
12-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Bienvenido, Richard. You will like this forum. I'm still waiting for the perfect ZHP to arrive to my hands. I'm from Mexico, currently living in Texas.

Lanister
12-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Welcome to the club, Richard :)

kayger12
12-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Welcome to the family. Glad to have you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

cakM3
12-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Welcome Richard! I love how you got your Style 71s painted! They look great :thumbsup

JULSGT
12-29-2013, 08:25 PM
thank you all for the warm welcome, that says allot abaut this group :applause2

JULSGT
12-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Bienvenido, Richard. You will like this forum. I'm still waiting for the perfect ZHP to arrive to my hands. I'm from Mexico, currently living in Texas.

Gracias Hermano!, i spent more than 2 months looking for an zhp, finally i found one in a good condition with low millage (60k+) its just matter of being patient and having some luck.

JULSGT
12-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Welcome Richard! I love how you got your Style 71s painted! They look great :thumbsup

Thanks, i look for different colors, actually i almost paint them on dark gun metal, but i prefer to paint them on light gm, but i think that i made the correct decision.

btw: your zhp looks grate lowered, here in Guatemala you cannot have your car lowered, too many speed bumps, my zhp have the stock suspension, and i have to be carefully to not to scratch the buttom with those things...

johnrando
12-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Welcome. Glad you are enjoying your ZHP already. Nice pics, and, cool track name.

JULSGT
12-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Welcome. Glad you are enjoying your ZHP already. Nice pics, and, cool track name.

Thank you very much, its a really nice track, were you need to have some technique, hill and toe its a most! lol

WolfBMW
12-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Glad you found what you were looking for, welcome to the forum!

Rovert
12-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Beunos Dias Amigo!! I was just in Guatemala last week working on several projects to help grow your country. Welcome to the Mafia!! Maybe one day we can meet when I'm back in Guat City. I'm usually near the airport in zone 9 or out in the country in Zacapa 3 hours away.

JULSGT
01-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Beunos Dias Amigo!! I was just in Guatemala last week working on several projects to help grow your country. Welcome to the Mafia!! Maybe one day we can meet when I'm back in Guat City. I'm usually near the airport in zone 9 or out in the country in Zacapa 3 hours away.

Buenos dias Rovert, yes actually surfing on the forum i found your thread were you was asking for advises for traveling to Guatemala, and absolutely, it would be my plessure to meet you, i hope that you enjoy your stay here and the next time please ask for a couple of days off your work so you can visit all the cool places that "Guate" have, and is great that you are investing your time to help not only the country, the people that need it the most :clap:.

Rovert
01-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Awesome. The day before I left I was sitting with the Secretary of State for Guatemala. I also met the son of the prior VP of your country and he's a life long Amigo now. Your people are so awesome and full of love. Can't wait to come back. What precautions do you make when you're driving your car around town? Do you feel like a target at all because you drive a BMW?

JULSGT
01-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Well, feeling like a target yes and no, the thing is that be victim of robery is more related of the situation than the car that you drive, also i dont know if you notice but bmw's are quite comon now here (standar e46), but if u drive with the windos open, your stereo loud and holding ur cellphone on ur hand.... Well you will be sending an invitation to robe u, i have never been a victim of robery in my 28 years, i had a corolla, withou ac and also im an active smoker, i almost always drove with my window down, and i have never been rob'd the second week that i had the bmw i was rob, they took my cellphone, but i was smokin and i didnt notice that i had my cellphon on the copilot seat, so i think that i look'd for it, the best advise that i can guive you is just relax, enjoy your ride, and keep ur cellphone out of sight wen you are stuck in trafic, is not that everyone is looking for rob you, trust me, there's just a couple of badguys that whant to ruin ur day, but as i told you, i have been victim of them just once in my whole life... But dont get me wrong, you always have to take precautions, just like in all the countries...

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Rovert
01-02-2014, 08:14 PM
I got that feeling to when I was there. Drive in a lower profile vehicle and you get ignored even with the windows down which allowed me to enjoy the sounds of Guatemala City. Drive in a new shiny car and I noticed a lot more eyes on the car. I was recommended when I was in the brand new car to keep the windows up by the driver. All windows were blacked out and even the windshield is tinted for privacy protection. While their is more prejudice towards the appearance of more money it's the same everywhere except that some places act on it and others people just think about it. I didn't feel that much more target and I just enjoyed how different it is compared to what I'm used to. I felt alive!!

JULSGT
01-03-2014, 12:45 AM
I got that feeling to when I was there. Drive in a lower profile vehicle and you get ignored even with the windows down which allowed me to enjoy the sounds of Guatemala City. Drive in a new shiny car and I noticed a lot more eyes on the car. I was recommended when I was in the brand new car to keep the windows up by the driver. All windows were blacked out and even the windshield is tinted for privacy protection. While their is more prejudice towards the appearance of more money it's the same everywhere except that some places act on it and others people just think about it. I didn't feel that much more target and I just enjoyed how different it is compared to what I'm used to. I felt alive!!

yes i can imagine that... lol, trust me is not that dangerous, is just that there some cases that makes you think about that precautions that you have to take, but is not that common at all, i think that those precautions was provided to you by the local embassy, is kind of logical that they want to help you prevent any kind of inconvenient, but trust me, you can have some peace of mind, you can have a really good time if you just take some logical precautions... i hope that the next time we can met, so you can have another point of view of the city.

Rovert
01-03-2014, 01:16 AM
Can't wait. I've stayed at the Westin Camino Real down to a place with no constant running water let alone hot water, then switched to a place where bugs come and go freely like tarantulas, scorpions, wall spiders, cockroaches, and geckos. It's been a wild ride in Guatemala which I will keep in my memory book for a long time! :D You guys sure know how to do New Years and all the fireworks...my new friend there was sending my videos from his rooftop of the city.

JULSGT
01-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Yes i saw a couple of vids of it, haha trust me you got a quarter of the picture, allot of mony was burn on fireworks aroun the town, i think that i have to enter on the fireworks business hahaha

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Marcus-SanDiego
01-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Welcome.