PDA

View Full Version : Dr. ColorChip Question. ASAP response

M0nk3y
01-24-2014, 07:38 PM
So, I wanted to get my clear bra installed on the bumper of my 128.

My.bumper was replaced and repainted per BMW USA from a paint issue. I had a clear bra on before...but now need it again for a new bumper.

Well, it has been a 30 day wait period and I was going to get it done tomorrow. I washed my car today to discover an awesome gash in my bumper.

So, I don't have any paint for this car, and still want to get it done...if possible.

I was wondering, if I get BMW paint brush, can I use the Dr. ColorChip blending solution with a different paint to make the surface level? I dont know if that blending solution can work with non-dr. ColorChip paint. If you're asking me....why do I have blending solution? Well I have it for a different car.

My concern is, is that with a brush, I will form a bubble in that gash and the clear bra will not sit flush on the paint and look obvious.

I'm just pissed at the end of this lol because I thought I was good for 30 days without getting any damage on the bumper....arggg.

Thoughts appreciated. I guess worst come to worse, I order a complete Dr. ColorChip kit and wait.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Oli77
01-24-2014, 08:50 PM
You need the Dr. Colorchip solution that comes with the kit. That solution removes the excess paint above the surface of the top coat and smoothest the area. It removes the excess paint above the filled area.

LivesNearCostco
01-24-2014, 10:45 PM
If you have Dr. Color Chip blending solution, the Dr. Color Chip web site will sell you their touch-up paint only in the color of your car, without any more blending solution. If you have some other blending solution (Langka?), it should work with regular touch-up paint that you get from the BMW dealer or BavAuto.

danewilson77
01-25-2014, 06:04 AM
You need the Dr. Colorchip solution that comes with the kit. That solution removes the excess paint above the surface of the top coat and smoothest the area. It removes the excess paint above the filled area.

He has the blending solution. He was wondering what would happen if you used non-drcolorchip paint with it.

I always thought the paint included in the kit was special. Maybe not.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oli77
01-25-2014, 07:28 AM
^ OK, wasn't sure Dr.Colorchip called it the blending solution.