PDA

View Full Version : I've been thinking about selling my ZHP....

wertyu78
01-27-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm in a dilemma folks. I've been seriously considering selling/trading in my ZHP. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my car. I've poured countless hours into it (my friends as well), not to mention lots of $$$. I am enjoy the car a lot, and it's been a lot of fun. It's been a car that turns heads and breaks hearts at the occasional autox/track day, yet it still is a reliable and fun DD.

I am growing tired of the meticulous maintenance that owning a BMW requires, specifically a 12 year old BMW. I have no doubt that this car will take me across the country and back without any issues....which I've done recently; but I don't want to wrench anymore.

With my upcoming major career change, I don't want to have to worry about having to maintain/repair my vehicle. I also would enjoy having something fresh and new. It may just been time for something new. I don't entirely know for sure yet...

I have been looking at the FR-S a lot....

PirateZHP
01-27-2014, 05:44 PM
What's the price tag as it sits? Also, didn't you say you had a teg? Does that need wrenching too?

Hermes
01-27-2014, 05:46 PM
Wait for the Alfa 4C

http://www.autoweek.com/galleryimage/CW/20130923/CARREVIEWS/923009998/PH/0/20/Alfa-Romeo-4C-photos-and-gallery.jpg

wertyu78
01-27-2014, 05:49 PM
What's the price tag as it sits? Also, didn't you say you had a teg? Does that need wrenching too?

I have no clue what I'd list it for. The GSR is gone.... My sis was driving it and someone T-Boned her and totaled it.

QC_ZHP
01-27-2014, 06:11 PM
FRS is a popular car around here. I've never personally driven one, but honestly, they look pretty mean in person, especially the rear. If you flat out don't want to work on cars anymore, probably best to sell the ZHP.

wertyu78
01-27-2014, 06:23 PM
FRS is a popular car around here. I've never personally driven one, but honestly, they look pretty mean in person, especially the rear. If you flat out don't want to work on cars anymore, probably best to sell the ZHP.

I've driven them quite a bit. They're a blast with some grippy tires and brakes that don't fade. I'll miss the four doors. With the move to California, I do not want to spend my weekends wrenching. I want to be out enjoying the new area, meeting new people, etc etc.

Avetiso
01-27-2014, 06:31 PM
Here's a lengthy response, but bear with me:

Changing cars is almost never an economical decision. Buying a new car will never (outside of extremes) be cheaper than maintaining the one you already have.

You know the E46. Sure, you gotta put a wrench to it every now and again. But, for the most part, parts are cheap, work is easy, and info is plentiful. I know we stress maintenance a lot, but I would argue that maintaining an E46 is not hard. When stuff breaks, diagnoses is usually straightforward and quick. Competition between a vast array of vendors gives you options and low prices on whatever you need for the car.

You have worked on your car plenty, and I'm sure you are familiar with all the work that it requires and any maintenance you must do. That's HUGE right there. Buy a new car, and you are instantly ignorant of any technicalities the car has; all you have is a general mechanical idea of how the drivetrain works. If you have a new car, then you have a warranty to cover that. The mechanic in you will probably lead you to doing maintenance that you feel is required, but the dealer will not do, such as additional oil/filter changes, fuel pump changes, new plugs, fluid flushes, etc. You will wrench your new car, I guarantee it. If not maintenance, then mods. However, you will be paying higher insurance, parts will cost more, and will be making a monthly payment.

Taking all that into consideration, you are considering selling a car you KNOW you love, and chaining yourself to a financial commitment hoping that you love a car based on a few test drives and internet reviews. That's a gamble. If you end up hating the car and sell it, you will lose a good chunk of money, too. Of course, nobody can decide that except you, but it's something to consider.

If you are looking at the FR-S, you aren't upgrading much in terms of performance besides an LSD. You are downgrading (in your case) by about 50 crank hp. Not to mention it's a two-seater unless you are packing kids in the back. IMO, the ZHP looks much better, but that's for you to ask.

There's a lot more I could say in favor of keeping the ZHP, however,

If you want a new car, then buy a new car. At the end of the day, do what you want and what makes you happy.

QC_ZHP
01-27-2014, 06:37 PM
I've driven them quite a bit. They're a blast with some grippy tires and brakes that don't fade. I'll miss the four doors. With the move to California, I do not want to spend my weekends wrenching. I want to be out enjoying the new area, meeting new people, etc etc.

Can't blame you for that. Whats the career change if you don't mind me asking? I'm jealous of the cross country move.

If you do sell, I'll definitely jump on some of the parts you have.

ELCID86
01-27-2014, 06:43 PM
^good advise. If you are set on a "new" car I'd certainly consider pre-owned 2-3 years old that had already taken the heavy hit on depreciation. If I had to get a car today, I really don't know what it would be. I've been a fan of Honda/Acura for years and still own 3. Ford (4-letter word?) seems to be fielding a better product. The new Lexus seems ok, Nissan maybe. Do you like the feel of front wheel drive--it is different.

I really just don't know what I'd do (or how to advise you). I'm sure you will give it much consideration and research. Carmax is always a good place to see multiple brands in one spot if you have one near you.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

SoDelBMW
01-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Can't blame you for that. Whats the career change if you don't mind me asking? I'm jealous of the cross country move.

If you do sell, I'll definitely jump on some of the parts you have.

Me too man I would love to get out to Cali sometime soon and looking at colleges there. You also have a wide variety of parts and would love to jump on them too if they are ever available. Good luck with selling it!

wertyu78
01-27-2014, 06:53 PM
It's hard to see myself actually parting with it. That's why I'm so torn. I love this car.

Maybe I'll leave it with my father here in the southeast and pickup an econobox in California.

Maybe I'll forget everything and take the ZHP with me to California.

The more I seriously consider selling it, the more I feel I'd regret it. Only time will tell...

Sent from my iPhone

HokieZHP
01-27-2014, 06:55 PM
FR-S + turbo kit would be a lot of fun. I've driven a bunch of them (without turbos) and they're fun cars for sure and the turbo would make up for the performance deficit. I think it makes around 270-280 after the turbo upgrade.

wertyu78
01-27-2014, 06:57 PM
FR-S + turbo kit would be a lot of fun. I've driven a bunch of them (without turbos) and they're fun cars for sure and the turbo would make up for the performance deficit. I think it makes around 270-280 after the turbo upgrade.

I can't imagine a fr-s with more power. They're lots of fun as it is! Suspension, tires, and brakes transform the car into a very fast car.

Sent from my iPhone

HokieZHP
01-27-2014, 06:58 PM
Yeah a friend of mine here at school has done wheels, wider tires, and coils on his and an exhaust and it's quick and handles like a dream. Turbo-ing it would make it a complete beast!

JKO_ZHP
01-27-2014, 07:16 PM
If you move to SoCal, I can guarantee you that it won't cost an arm and a leg should you choose to bring the ZHP to a shop to have maintenance work done on it.

My guy at NJ Auto in the 626 is best described as a retired, seasoned track rat/gearhead who opened up the shop as a retirement hobby. He's the reason why I'm still able to keep mine even though I haven't graduated yet.

If you do want to switch though....I've heard good things from the 2008 model Nissan 350Z's. HR engine and dual intakes for '08+ models and most of the earlier model year problems have been fixed.

That or a Civic Si. Then upgrade somewhere later down the road.

NorCalZman
01-27-2014, 07:20 PM
If I can make a ZHP work in San Francisco you can make one work in....whatever part of California you are heading to. :P

Lanister
01-27-2014, 07:33 PM
It's hard to see myself actually parting with it. That's why I'm so torn. I love this car.

Maybe I'll leave it with my father here in the southeast and pickup an econobox in California.

Maybe I'll forget everything and take the ZHP with me to California.

The more I seriously consider selling it, the more I feel I'd regret it. Only time will tell...

Sent from my iPhone

If you thought you were driving a lot on the east coast, you will surely be driving even more in California. IMO, the way BMW feels on a highway beats any econobox; especially since the ZHP can get outstanding mileage from highway driving. Personally, I got my zhp specifically for getting around the bay area, where I want to enjoy my time spent in the car.

wertyu78
01-27-2014, 07:44 PM

I think I'll take it with me. :)

Sent from my iPhone

Avetiso
01-27-2014, 07:47 PM
If you thought you were driving a lot on the east coast, you will surely be driving even more in California. IMO, the way BMW feels on a highway beats any econobox; especially since the ZHP can get outstanding mileage from highway driving. Personally, I got my zhp specifically for getting around the bay area, where I want to enjoy my time spent in the car.
Wow, how could I forget... the ROADS! OH MY GOODNESS, California has some fantastic driving roads.

Lanister
01-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Wow, how could I forget... the ROADS! OH MY GOODNESS, California has some fantastic driving roads.

I should also add the 99% of time it's dry and the roads don't even know what salt is. :)

derbo
01-27-2014, 08:22 PM
I too would say pashnit.com has a great library of roads of california. :D

A FR-S will have the agility but lack of torque. In my test drive for a night, I didn't like how the interior rattled at 4000 miles..and the lack of torque. However the car is quite nimble and definitely can be faster in the corners due to its weight. I must say its one of the best Japanese RWD to come out to compete with the miata in recent years. However, I don't think it is worth the 26-28k they are asking for brand new. Honestly the E46 330i is probably one of the most practical cars to drive around here. If I didn't a have a 114 mile commute I probably keep daily driving it for the sheer pleasure I get from it.

Pip
01-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Dario and I met Adam who puts on some drives and maintains this site - norcaldrivers.com.

It is a great drive site.

derbo
01-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Adam also has an amazing "CSL" clone. :D

Bird-Dog
01-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Based on preliminary reviews, it sounds like the logical successor to the ZHP will be the M235i coming in March (at least for ZHP coupes - sedan fans may have to wait a little longer). Granted, that'll set you back $20K more than the FR-S (which does actually sound like a fun ride), but what the heck, it's a BMW!

derbo
01-27-2014, 11:57 PM
I would love a m235i to compliment the zhp not replace...

sent from Moto Dev edition

kakashi169
01-28-2014, 06:52 AM
I would love a ZHP but I am too attached to my 330i. I have done way too much on it. Maybe I will get a tranny swap.

Lanister
01-28-2014, 09:03 AM
I would love a ZHP but I am too attached to my 330i. I have done way too much on it. Maybe I will get a tranny swap.

I don't blame you. I'm sure that at this point it would be probably more cost effective to just bring your 330i as close to a zhp as possible.

stephenkirsh
01-28-2014, 09:12 AM
I should also add the 99% of time it's dry and the roads don't even know what salt is. :)

I hope the OP is not moving to my area, because it's always wet (outside of our drought...) and the roads haven't been paved in decades.

My thoughts on the FRS:
- horrible interior
- not very practical
- slow as hell for a sports car (at autocross I matched the same times as two FRS in my stock 325 SULEV automatic with 110,000 miles on non-sport suspension). Isn't autocross where these things are supposed to do well? Even the heavily moded FRS was only beating me by 2 seconds on a 55 second lap!

Hermes
01-28-2014, 10:21 AM
^ that's driver skill and/or lack of skill. I beat an E92 M3 at auto cross in my E21, appx 300hp difference

stephenkirsh
01-28-2014, 10:50 AM
I've beat a handful of M3s, too. I've only autocrossed 3 times. I can't honestly be that good lol. Sure those guys are probably not great drivers, though.

derbo
01-28-2014, 10:52 AM
I hope the OP is not moving to my area, because it's always wet (outside of our drought...) and the roads haven't been paved in decades.

My thoughts on the FRS:
- horrible interior
- not very practical
- slow as hell for a sports car (at autocross I matched the same times as two FRS in my stock 325 SULEV automatic with 110,000 miles on non-sport suspension). Isn't autocross where these things are supposed to do well? Even the heavily moded FRS was only beating me by 2 seconds on a 55 second lap!

Also with minor suspension mods and track pads, the FRS can do a 2:00 lap time around thunderhill where as my car is around a 2:11 with the mods I have.. This is with similar driver skill too.. the car is just alot more nimble and can outbrake and out corner the E46.

I agree on the terrible interior. It is still a toyota so it is more or less as practical as a BMW..

If they were branded as toyotas here and about 3grand cheaper, they would sell like hotcakes.

gmurphy
01-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Here's a lengthy response, but bear with me:

Changing cars is almost never an economical decision. Buying a new car will never (outside of extremes) be cheaper than maintaining the one you already have.

You know the E46. Sure, you gotta put a wrench to it every now and again. But, for the most part, parts are cheap, work is easy, and info is plentiful. I know we stress maintenance a lot, but I would argue that maintaining an E46 is not hard. When stuff breaks, diagnoses is usually straightforward and quick. Competition between a vast array of vendors gives you options and low prices on whatever you need for the car.

You have worked on your car plenty, and I'm sure you are familiar with all the work that it requires and any maintenance you must do. That's HUGE right there. Buy a new car, and you are instantly ignorant of any technicalities the car has; all you have is a general mechanical idea of how the drivetrain works. If you have a new car, then you have a warranty to cover that. The mechanic in you will probably lead you to doing maintenance that you feel is required, but the dealer will not do, such as additional oil/filter changes, fuel pump changes, new plugs, fluid flushes, etc. You will wrench your new car, I guarantee it. If not maintenance, then mods. However, you will be paying higher insurance, parts will cost more, and will be making a monthly payment.

Taking all that into consideration, you are considering selling a car you KNOW you love, and chaining yourself to a financial commitment hoping that you love a car based on a few test drives and internet reviews. That's a gamble. If you end up hating the car and sell it, you will lose a good chunk of money, too. Of course, nobody can decide that except you, but it's something to consider.

If you are looking at the FR-S, you aren't upgrading much in terms of performance besides an LSD. You are downgrading (in your case) by about 50 crank hp. Not to mention it's a two-seater unless you are packing kids in the back. IMO, the ZHP looks much better, but that's for you to ask.

There's a lot more I could say in favor of keeping the ZHP, however,

If you want a new car, then buy a new car. At the end of the day, do what you want and what makes you happy.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELCID86
01-28-2014, 03:02 PM
So sense we are discussing cars, anyone have thoughts on a Golf/GTI/TDI or Jetta/TDI?

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

QC_ZHP
01-28-2014, 03:04 PM
German>Japanese will be a rough transition in my book. Keep the ZHP

derbo
01-28-2014, 04:02 PM
German>Japanese will be a rough transition in my book. Keep the ZHP

I still like my japanese as far as low maintenance. However performance compromises reliability..

Hermes
01-28-2014, 08:56 PM
German>Japanese will be a rough transition in my book.

Ummm... no

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2056/2083762854_a0b6c88598_o.jpg

Or

http://sofakingjdm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/toyota-2000gt-autoart.jpg

QC_ZHP
01-28-2014, 09:04 PM
A bit extreme examples, no?

Hermes
01-28-2014, 09:08 PM
You generalized, so I picked examples ;)

(The white one is a Toyota)

Avetiso
01-28-2014, 09:08 PM
A bit extreme examples, no?
+1

Can't really compare those two, and most could think of 5 German cars off the top of their head that are better than those. Not saying they are bad cars, but it's a bad comparison to put those two into a JDM vs. German comparison when the ZHP is the subject.

EDIT: Reminds me, my cousin had a red NSX. It was a 94 or a 95, I think. That thing was wicked.

Hermes
01-28-2014, 09:13 PM
You can get a NSX for the same price as a ZHP, and significantly less than a new FRS/BRZ. My example is perfectly fine.

I will admit the 2000GT is in a whole different class

Edit: nevermind, just checked. Looks like prices have been climbing on the NSX in preparation for the release of the new one. I remember a few years ago when you could pick them up for under $10k

Johal E32
01-28-2014, 09:17 PM
Nsx for zhp money? Like $10k, or 15k?

I thought they Nsx's were for sure like $35K!!

Hermes
01-28-2014, 09:18 PM
Nsx for zhp money? Like $10k, or 15k?

I thought they Nsx's were for sure like $35K!!

They were UNDER $10k when I was last in the market for one (maybe 5 years ago). Apparently prices have jumped like E30 M3's

Edit: just for fun I built a FRS on their site, mine came out to $28.5k... I would rather pay $32k for a NSX that seems to only be going up in value

Johal E32
01-28-2014, 09:23 PM
They were UNDER $10k when I was last in the market for one (maybe 5 years ago). Apparently prices have jumped like E30 M3's

Just checked CL, they are like 30-50K.

Hermes
01-28-2014, 09:26 PM
I get that, but my point is still valid. NSX is a better car for the money. Even a similarly priced E46 or E92 M3 would have a hard time keeping up with a 24 year old 270hp NSX on the track

Derek, I need your help convincing these guys...

QC_ZHP
01-28-2014, 09:30 PM
NSX- $40k (avg)
e46 M3 - $20k + $10k Max PSI kit and $10k supporting mods

Going German. No denying that the NSX is a ridiculous car though. Just personal pref. I guess

Hermes
01-28-2014, 09:41 PM
I'm not gonna argue my point any longer since you guys don't want to listen.

I know for a fact the NSX is a better car as no matter how much money you put into a M3 to make it handle the same, they have worse aero and weigh too much. Don't get me wrong, I love E46's but the NSX is a real racecar tuned down for the street. M3 is a street car tuned up for race

Like I said before, I could've bought a NSX for $10k when I bought my ZHP. I went with the ZHP because I wanted to get back in a BMW (I actually was driving a 3.2TL Type S when I bought the 330). Prices apparently have risen drastically over the last few years since Honda/Acura confirmed development of a new NSX. The last time I looked there was no mention of a new car and people thought the NSX was an old car that should be put to pasture.

Look at the chart of E30 M3 prices, same era as the early NSX's that are my favorite of the group. I have a friend who bought a 1990 M3 for under $10k in 2004. I dare you to find a similar one under $30k right now.

derbo
01-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Unfortunate even 91-92 are going for 30k+ at this point. I feel like they are at E30 M3 prices..

QC_ZHP
01-28-2014, 09:49 PM
I wasn't trying to stir an argument, and all of your points are completely valid. Frankly, I'm not even sure what we're comparing any more.

The only car that I plan on replacing my ZHP with has 4 doors, a roundel, and a v10. One day...

Avetiso
01-28-2014, 09:54 PM
JP, the reason I debated was because you said, "You can get a NSX for the same price as a ZHP." That is in present tense.

Today, you cannot get a NSX for ZHP money. That's all I'm saying.

Hermes
01-28-2014, 09:58 PM
I wasn't trying to stir an argument, and all of your points are completely valid. Frankly, I'm not even sure what we're comparing any more.

The only car that I plan on replacing my ZHP with has 4 doors, a roundel, and a v10. One day...

I understand, sometimes I just get worked up when people assume that because I own BMW's they think it's the only choice in my book. I like lots of cars, it's the engineering that really draws me to any specific one. For example, I would love to have an E30 coupe with a 4-rotor twin turbo swap but many would consider that ridiculously sacrilege.

I despise the E60 body and interior. I will admit the V10 is a beautiful piece of engineering, but it needs dry sump and swap into a different chassis

JP, the reason I debated was because you said, "You can get a NSX for the same price as a ZHP." That is in present tense.

Today, you cannot get a NSX for ZHP money. That's all I'm saying.

Please read my other comments, 5 years ago I could've got a NSX for $10k when my ZHP cost me $25k. A $25k NSX at the time would've been a $50k+ NSX now

Edit: 1991 widebody NSX currently for sale in LA, $24k

imola red zhp
01-28-2014, 11:45 PM
I'm with you JP...... NSX is the bomb...

sent by new technology DA

cakM3
01-29-2014, 06:44 AM
JP for what's it worth...I'm with you regarding the NSX.... I have always loved how this car looked....would have loved the opportunity to drive one of these bad boys! :thumbsup

danewilson77
01-29-2014, 06:51 AM
Good healthy discussion.

:like

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

johnrando
01-29-2014, 07:42 AM
I looked at the NSX and it was out of my price range. What was perfectly in my price range at the time was my $24.5K ZHP in '09, CPO coming off a 3 year lease, with 32K miles. If fact, it was surprisingly the cheapest CPO 330 I could find within 50 miles, due to the dealer needing to clear inventory at month end. The next best car was a non zhp/non vert 330 at $25K.

The NSXs were pushing $40 to $50K.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Hermes
01-29-2014, 09:33 AM
The 02-05 non pop-up headlamp versions and the 1999 Zanardi editions commanded the highest value in 2008 when I was in the market, but the early cars with fixed roofs were the least valuable at the time to the general public. It seems that I've been out of the loop with NSX pricing and apparently I should've bought one back then :(

wertyu78
01-29-2014, 10:19 AM
I've decided I'd keep the ZHP. I just love it too much. If any problems should come about in SoCal., I'll deal with it or take it to an indy. Next up, Eurocharged Catless header tune and a LSD.

NSX is a neat car.... I'll just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8By2AEsGAhU

Hermes
01-29-2014, 10:22 AM
^that's actually a NSX-R, 265lbs lighter

Good deal on keeping the ZHP, you'll love driving the SoCal backroads with it

ELCID86
01-29-2014, 10:23 AM
Wow, that's quite a turn-around. I think I'll sell... to... Build thread! Sounds like plenty of SoCal family that can help you wrench too.

wertyu78
01-29-2014, 10:55 AM
^that's actually a NSX-R, 265lbs lighter

Good deal on keeping the ZHP, you'll love driving the SoCal backroads with it

I had lots of fun with my ZHP on back roads when I drove it to SoCal in July!

wertyu78
01-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Sometimes I change my mind quickly... and in this case for the best! Build thread has been in the making for awhile now:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?8597-Wyatt-s-Progress-Build-Thread-Silbergrau-Alcantara-Sedan-(Picture-Heavy)

cakM3
01-29-2014, 10:59 AM
congrats on your decision to keep your ZHP.....a very good decision you won't regret :)

derbo
01-29-2014, 11:16 AM
It's a good decision to keep it. :)

iya_e46
01-29-2014, 11:17 AM
we have a shop in Monterey Park if you decide to bring your car to SoCal. FR-S are a dime a dozen here.. I would keep the car and drive it to PCH with the windows down :)

Hermes
01-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Gmr>pch

derbo
01-29-2014, 12:29 PM
Gmr>pch

I like GMR. even the tiny turnbull canyon road in fullerton was fun. :)

I was behind the MR2 in my civic at the time..LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwmtfg2WvUQ

johnrando
01-30-2014, 11:51 AM
we have a shop in Monterey Park if you decide to bring your car to SoCal. FR-S are a dime a dozen here.. I would keep the car and drive it to PCH with the windows down :)

More deets about your shop? And yes, congrats on keeping the ZHP.

cakM3
01-30-2014, 04:55 PM
I'm not gonna argue my point any longer since you guys don't want to listen.

I know for a fact the NSX is a better car as no matter how much money you put into a M3 to make it handle the same, they have worse aero and weigh too much. Don't get me wrong, I love E46's but the NSX is a real racecar tuned down for the street. M3 is a street car tuned up for race

Like I said before, I could've bought a NSX for $10k when I bought my ZHP. I went with the ZHP because I wanted to get back in a BMW (I actually was driving a 3.2TL Type S when I bought the 330). Prices apparently have risen drastically over the last few years since Honda/Acura confirmed development of a new NSX. The last time I looked there was no mention of a new car and people thought the NSX was an old car that should be put to pasture.

Look at the chart of E30 M3 prices, same era as the early NSX's that are my favorite of the group. I have a friend who bought a 1990 M3 for under $10k in 2004. I dare you to find a similar one under $30k right now.

Just found an NSX for sale for $10.4k :thumbsup Damn.....very tempted right now.....

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/1992_acura_nsx_224203578_15 (http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/1992_acura_nsx_224203578_15)

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/Library2/ScreenShot2014-01-30at75726PM_zps4d7e44a3.png

derbo
01-30-2014, 05:07 PM
oh my god. the price.

Too good to be true. It says Automatic transmission..

Hermes
01-30-2014, 05:34 PM
oh my god. the price.

Too good to be true. It says Automatic transmission..

Buy it, we can find a trans!

derbo
01-30-2014, 05:42 PM
:facepalm

az3579
01-30-2014, 05:44 PM
Buy it, we can find a trans!

Immediately lowers the value because it's not original anymore...

The reality is that the NSX is now a collector's car, just like the E30 M3. You can't drive it; you'd feel terrible if you do.

Hermes
01-30-2014, 05:53 PM
Immediately lowers the value because it's not original anymore...

The reality is that the NSX is now a collector's car, just like the E30 M3. You can't drive it; you'd feel terrible if you do.

But he'd just gut and turn it into a track car so it doesn't matter

derbo
01-30-2014, 06:04 PM
But he'd just gut and turn it into a track car so it doesn't matter

JP has a point..

http://www.japantuning.ch/Divers/Sylvian/Photos/nsx_2009_14.JPG

:drool

cakM3
01-30-2014, 06:06 PM
JP has a point..

http://www.japantuning.ch/Divers/Sylvian/Photos/nsx_2009_14.JPG

:drool :drool :drool

derbo
01-30-2014, 06:09 PM
http://www.japantuning.ch/Divers/Sylvian/Photos/nsx_2009_03.JPG

It's all I would do..

johnrando
01-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Who cares, at that price? You could always switch it back if you wanted to resell. I want one!

Hermes
01-30-2014, 06:27 PM
And some more lightweighting

http://www.carbonfiberhoods.net/images/Creations%20Type%20R%20Hoodl.jpg

And one of these...

http://image.hondatuningmagazine.com/f/9024549/htup_0712_02_z_1993_acura_nsx_gruppem+supercharger _cantrell_concepts_carbon_fiber_intake_.jpg

Or you can stay NA, run high compression and velocity stacks...

http://www.rarecarsforsaleblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nsx4.jpg

cakM3
01-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Or you can stay NA, run high compression and velocity stacks...

http://www.rarecarsforsaleblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nsx4.jpg

The sound from this setup must be out of this world......man I would love this! :thumbsup

Hermes
01-30-2014, 07:03 PM
The sound from this setup must be out of this world......man I would love this! :thumbsup

This kit comes with stacks ;)

http://www.nexternal.com/vacmotors/images/VAC%20S54%20race%20box,%20no%20snorkle%20-M.jpg.jpg
http://www.vacmotorsports.com/catalog/vac---s54-carbon-fiber-race-style-airbox.htm

derbo
01-30-2014, 08:50 PM
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/125654-My-NSX-2005-to-now-from-street-to-track

Avetiso
01-30-2014, 09:09 PM
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/125654-My-NSX-2005-to-now-from-street-to-track
:drool Wow, that is sexy as hell.

HokieZHP
01-30-2014, 09:47 PM
If I had the $$ I'd buy that in a second

Hermes
01-30-2014, 09:57 PM
So when do I need to have the trans at your place by?