PDA

View Full Version : FT and FS: Natural Brown interior

illirep
01-29-2014, 07:43 AM
I'm willing to trade my Natural Brown sedan interior:

Front sport seats, powered, non-heated
Non fold rear seats

I'm most interested in Alcantara, but will consider black leather sport seats as well. I'm looking for cash on top of trade (commensurate with material and condition of seats) to sweeten the deal since I'm essentially downgrading.

I also have an extra set of natural brown door panels and rear fold-down seats with headrests that I'm looking to sell for $500.

You can see pics of the set in my car at my flickr account:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55826523@N05/sets/

The driver seat is in need of a little rejuvenation. I have a professional leather guy coming to look at next week.

Will post pics of the spare door panels and extra rear seats this weekend.

illirep
01-29-2014, 07:44 AM
pictures posted.

SoDelBMW
01-29-2014, 07:49 AM
I think BoostedZHP would be in for the trade regarding the thread 2 below this one.

illirep
01-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Him and I spoke. We are too far apart.

QC_ZHP
01-29-2014, 08:09 AM
The spare panels & rears for sedan, right? If I can source some front seats, I'll be all over those.

illirep
01-29-2014, 08:18 AM
They are for a sedan. The rear seats are mint. The door panels are probably 8.5 - 9 out 10.

It will be very unlikely for you to find stand alone front sport seats in natural brown. I've been looking for a long time to complete the set....

cakM3
01-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Botond..................

QC_ZHP
01-29-2014, 08:31 AM
They are for a sedan. The rear seats are mint. The door panels are probably 8.5 - 9 out 10.

It will be very unlikely for you to find stand alone front sport seats in natural brown. I've been looking for a long time to complete the set....

Gotchya, I'll still keep my eye out.

az3579
01-29-2014, 08:41 AM
Botond..................

We came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be smart for either of us strictly because they're not heated while mine are.

This is killing me but... Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

illirep
01-29-2014, 08:53 AM
^I rarely use my heated seats, but I hear you.

They are a tough sell in the Northeast without them. That is the main reason this car hasn't been sold yet in my opinion.....

cakM3
01-29-2014, 08:58 AM
We came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be smart for either of us strictly because they're not heated while mine are.

This is killing me but... Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can retrofit the heated elements......you can do it Botond......

UdubBadger
01-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Nice

Goin' HAM mobile

brettbimmer
01-29-2014, 10:08 AM
A rare opportunity here folks. Someone in the family needs to get the NB interior!

Hermes
01-29-2014, 10:19 AM

He's not gonna do it, I already had this discussion with him

az3579
01-29-2014, 10:31 AM

Yeah it's way too much money to retrofit them. Not only that, but there are other factors at play here as well that prevent me from trading with Bill anyway.
We've been down this road already.

brettbimmer
01-29-2014, 10:31 AM

How about some Icy Hot? I hear that this is good for the leather. :shift :biggrin

az3579
01-29-2014, 10:38 AM
How about some Icy Hot? I hear that this is good for the leather. :shift :biggrin

I'm glad you're enjoying my pain. :p

Hermes
01-29-2014, 10:57 AM
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/car-seat-heater-heated-seat-cushion-19063.aspx

brettbimmer
01-29-2014, 11:16 AM
I'm glad you're enjoying my pain. :p

Enjoying? Hardly. I just know how much you have been lusting over NB buddy, and would like to see you be able to fulfill the interior of your dreams in Wobz. Sad that the heated seat option is the hang-up here.

328ioc
01-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Joop if you see this why not snag the fold downs since yours are outta whack?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Vas
01-29-2014, 12:04 PM
I would do this but heated seats are needed for me.

PirateZHP
01-29-2014, 12:19 PM
I would so rather have natural brown rather than sand... Good luck, Bill.

ELCID86
01-29-2014, 02:55 PM
I would so rather have natural brown rather than sand... Good luck, Bill.

I'm first in line if OP goes sand-crazy ;-)

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

az3579
01-29-2014, 04:18 PM
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/car-seat-heater-heated-seat-cushion-19063.aspx

I don't think I can find a facepalm pic large enough for you right now. :shifty

JupiterBMW
01-29-2014, 04:33 PM
If someone can propose a feasible way to make it happen, I would be willing to swap my heated fronts for Bill's, plus $$$. Bill, waiting to see pics of your seats. I'd love to buy the door panels. Can you price pieces individually? Or at least maybe door panels/seats...?

Hell I might be in for the whole set if nobody else is.

Bill you ever get rid of that birch interior trim?

iPhone 5S. Tapatalk Pro. BOOM

az3579
01-29-2014, 08:11 PM
If someone can propose a feasible way to make it happen, I would be willing to swap my heated fronts for Bill's, plus $$$. Bill, waiting to see pics of your seats. I'd love to buy the door panels. Can you price pieces individually? Or at least maybe door panels/seats...?

Dude...
How much "+$$" are we talkin' here? If this was to happen, I would need to buy the folding rears as well...

Please PM me.

Hermes
01-29-2014, 09:12 PM
I don't think I can find a facepalm pic large enough for you right now. :shifty

Hahahahaha... I was wondering how long it would take for a response :p

FYI, you could've used the infinite facepalm:

http://i.imgur.com/a4uo7WF.gif

Dude...
How much "+$$" are we talkin' here? If this was to happen, I would need to buy the folding rears as well...

Please PM me.

Do it!!!

Mtnman
01-30-2014, 06:57 AM
i was thinking the double......

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i398/booneflyfisher/doublefacepalm.jpg (http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/booneflyfisher/media/doublefacepalm.jpg.html)

illirep
01-30-2014, 07:12 AM

I would sell the rear seats and door panels separately, but would not want to sell the door panels individually. The rear seats are in excellent shape. The panels are in pretty good shape, couple minor bruises here and there, but nothing major.

I left the Birch Trim on that Black Saphire ZHP when it sold as the buyer wanted that over the cube trim.

JupiterBMW
01-30-2014, 07:55 AM
Fair enough Bill. I'll hold off on the door panels then as it sounds like mine are in better shape. Pics of front seats tho, as I would be interested in helping another member out as the heated seats down here are a bit useless.

illirep
01-30-2014, 08:33 AM
You can see pics at my flickr account:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55826523@N05/sets/

The driver seat is in need of a little rejuvenation. I have a professional leather guy coming to look at next week.

JupiterBMW
01-30-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm gonna have to pass, from the pics i think my seats are in better shape. Sorry guys.

az3579
01-31-2014, 08:58 AM
I have to call out as well. Bill brought up a good point; my rear seats are folding, his are not. This is a complete deal breaker.
Damn it!

cakM3
01-31-2014, 09:21 AM
I have to call out as well. Bill brought up a good point; my rear seats are folding, his are not. This is a complete deal breaker.
Damn it!

But Natural Brown Botond!!! You could live w/o folding rear seats until you are able to source folding rear seats in NB.....at least you would have everything on the most part....

illirep
01-31-2014, 10:14 AM
I have both folding and non-folding rear seats. The issue is that I would be without the proper rear seats in the trade.

Bill

illirep
01-31-2014, 10:14 AM
I will post updated pictures this weekend. I just had a professional leather guy work on them and they look 50 times better now.

Bill

illirep
01-31-2014, 01:29 PM
Pictures posted - they sure cleaned up nicely!

PirateZHP
01-31-2014, 04:24 PM

They are beautiful! You sure you don't want to trade for some tan/sand (front seats faded)?

ELCID86
02-01-2014, 01:25 PM
I will post updated pictures this weekend. I just had a professional leather guy work on them and they look 50 times better now.

Bill

They do look great. How/Where'd you find him? Colin's tan seats need some TLC. My NB may need a tad too.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

illirep
02-01-2014, 03:29 PM
I connected with the guy that handles Princeton MB's leather work. I would imagine all higher end dealers have a seat guy. The trick is going to be having a connection at the dealership that will let you have his contact info. Most will probably want to mark up the work and put it through the shop.

az3579
02-02-2014, 10:55 AM

How is that even possible??? Holy crap, they look essentially new now!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

ELCID86
02-02-2014, 01:21 PM
I connected with the guy that handles Princeton MB's leather work. I would imagine all higher end dealers have a seat guy. The trick is going to be having a connection at the dealership that will let you have his contact info. Most will probably want to mark up the work and put it through the shop.

Thanks. The P&B guy that has my car does interiors, seats, etc. too. I'll ask him and see if he will tell me of anyone else that he knows of.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mirror-Image-Paint-Solutions/258369717530450