PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2006 330ci ZHP Mystic blue/NB 6MT 30K

EDS
02-08-2014, 09:47 PM
http://www.nissanofcoolsprings.com/used/BMW/2006-BMW-330Ci-0e14a5c30a0a00de76fe2801cef4d8c7.htm

Vin: WBABD53436PD99978

Mystic Blue, Natural Brown, 30,000 miles, Price?

GMATT
02-09-2014, 04:27 AM
Have sent a email. Will see where this goes!

MiniD
02-09-2014, 04:33 AM
Ran the VIN, it's a manual. Wow. What a car...

ELCID86
02-09-2014, 04:50 AM
Pics I see are of an M. --must be stock photos.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

NMich330i
02-09-2014, 05:33 AM
It was involved in what Carfax terms "minor frontal damage" in May of 2012. It does sound good though ... waiting on a price & real photos.

Vas
02-09-2014, 06:13 AM
Interesting. Subscribed

Dearg-due
02-09-2014, 02:03 PM
MB over NB, that's a real rarity. Keep us posted!

Schlag96
02-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Wow. what's the price?

KevinC
02-09-2014, 09:37 PM
"Collision with a parked vehicle" last year. Could be very minor, maybe not...

http://m.carmax.com/vehicle/history/index/WBABD53436PD99978

KevinC
02-09-2014, 09:40 PM
No lumbar support, means no premium package, would be a nice option... everything else checks out as advertised...

VIN WBABD53436PD99978
Type code BD53
Type 330CI (USA)
E series E46 (2FL)
Series 3
Type COUPE
Steering LL
Doors 2
Engine M54
Displacement 3.00
Power 170
Drive HECK
Transmission MECH
Colour MYSTICBLAU METALLIC (A07)
Upholstery STANDARDLEDER / NATURBRAUN (N6NG)
Prod.date 2005-10-06
Close Options
Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S1CAA SELEKTION COP RELEVANTER FAHRZEUGE Selection of COP-relevant vehicles
S226A SPORTLICHE FAHRWERKSABSTIMMUNG Sports suspension settings
S403A GLASDACH, ELEKTRISCH Glass roof, electrical
S441A RAUCHERPAKET Smoker package
S459A SITZVERSTELLUNG, ELEKTR.MIT MEMORY Seat adjustment, electric, with memory
S481A SPORTSITZE FUER FAHRER / BEIFAHRER Sports seat
S521A REGENSENSOR Rain sensor
S522A XENON-LICHT Xenon Light
S524A ADAPTIVES KURVENLICHT Adaptive Headlights
S534A KLIMAAUTOMATIK Automatic air conditioning
S639A KOMPLETTVORB. HANDY USA / CDN Preparation f mobile phone cpl. USA / CDN
S650A CD-LAUFWERK CD player
S674A HIFI-SYSTEM HARMAN / KARDON Hi-Fi system Harman Kardon
S692A CD WECHSLER I-BUS VORBEREITUNG Preparation, BMW 6-CD changer I-bus
S710A M LEDERLENKRAD M leather steering wheel
Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S716A M AERODYNAMIKPAKET II Aerodynamics package
S760A INDIVIDUAL HOCHGLANZ SHADOW LINE High gloss shadow line
S767A PERFORMANCE-PAKET Performance package
S770A INTERIEURLEISTE ALU CUBE SILBER Interior trim trips, Alu Silver Cube
S775A INDIVIDUAL DACHHIMMEL ANTHRAZIT Headlining anthracite
S787A M LM RAEDER DOPPELSP. 135 M / MISCHB. BMW alloy wheel, M double spoke 135
S818A BATTERIEHAUPTSCHALTER Battery master switch
S8SPA COP STEUERUNG Control unit COP
S925A VERSANDSCHUTZPAKET Dispatch protection pack
S9AAA AUSSENHAUTSCHUTZ Outer skin protection
Close Standard equipment
Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S210A DYNAMISCHE STAB. CONTROL (DSC) Dynamic stability control
S249A MULTIFUNKTION FUER LENKRAD Multifunction f steering wheel
S251A REIFEN PANNEN ANZEIGE Runflat indicator
S354A GRUENKEIL-FRONTSCHEIBE Windscreen, green-tinted upper strip
S473A ARMAUFLAGE VORN Armrest front
S520A NEBELSCHEINWERFER Fog lights
S550A BORDCOMPUTER On-board computer
S645A RADIO-STEUERUNG US BMW US Radio
S661A RADIO BMW BUSINESS Radio BMW Business (C43)
S785A WEISSE BLINKLEUCHTEN White direction indicator lights
S823A HEISSLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG Hot-climate version
S832A BATTERIE IM KOFFERRAUM Battery in luggage compartment
S845A AKUSTISCHE GURTWARNUNG Acoustic fasten seat belt reminder
S853A SPRACHVERSION ENGLISCH Language version, English
S876A FUNKFREQUENZ 315 MHZ Radio frequency 315 MHz
Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S992A STEUERUNG KENNZEICHENBEFESTIGUNG Control of number-plate attachment

COBMWs
02-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Just got off the phone with a salesperson there who said the car has already sold.

Wonder if someone here was the lucky buyer?

1/2past3ci
02-10-2014, 03:30 PM
:dunno:cool, Its not like I've signed the papers yet though.

Avetiso
02-10-2014, 04:00 PM
:dunno:cool, Its not like I've signed the papers yet though.
Sneaky, sneaky. You getting it? :)

1/2past3ci
02-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Were still working out details. I should know by tomorrow night.

Wes
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vas
02-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Well that was quick.

BCS_ZHP
02-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Were still working out details. I should know by tomorrow night.

Wes

Wes,
Are you the cheesehead right there in OSK near the TIlted Kilt who had the AW ZHP?
Bruce

1/2past3ci
02-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Haha! Bruce! That's me. I remember our conversations.

Wes

BCS_ZHP
02-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Glad to see you've come to your senses and are coming back to the fold. I'll be in OSK a lot this Spring, will need to hook up so I an see this beauty.

EDS
02-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Just got off the phone with a salesperson there who said the car has already sold.

Wonder if someone here was the lucky buyer?

Well that escalated quickly lol Glad someone on here got to it first!

Hornung418
02-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Damn, Nice purchase, Wes!!

This is an absolute stunner. My ideal color combo but the price is definitely out of my price range. Think I'll stick with my stupid grey interior for now.

1/2past3ci
02-11-2014, 10:31 AM
Actually fellas, I passed on it. They contacted me this morning with the price. They were waiting to do the inspection before they priced it. It doesn't have cold weather package or premium package, has been in an accident, has the wrong wheels, and the interior doesn't look so great for the mileage. Someone is going to get a beautiful car, but it wasn't for me.

Wes

Hornung418
02-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Did they email any pictures of it? It would be helpful to share them here.

KevinC
02-11-2014, 10:46 AM
What is the asking price? Just curious. The mileage is great, but those other negatives are pretty big ones.

Vas
02-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Pictures and asking price please if you don't mind sharing

BCS_ZHP
02-11-2014, 11:25 AM
I saw $17.8K posted on the dealer's website, but still no pix.

COBMWs
02-11-2014, 12:01 PM
I think you probably did the right thing passing on it. $17,988 listed on their website. I mean, I was calling on it too, but with your description, I'm not too keen on it either.

That price is reasonable for the low mileage, but I'd expect a car that has at least the premium package if not the cold weather, and one that doesn't need anything (i.e., worn interior and missing stock wheels).

jiggz
02-11-2014, 12:40 PM
How bad is the interior - could it be cleaned up with the correct products & application techniques?

This car has leather and a moonroof so the Premium Package would only add what - an auto-dimming mirror? Almost everything else in that package had become standard equipment by 2005/2006.

No heated seats would be a deal killer for me though, regardless of miles/condition.

COBMWs
02-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Good point on the Premium Package - with the leather, moonroof, memory/power seats - not sure what else there is that would be a deal killer.

I'd prefer heated seats, but could live without them.

Hmmm....

jiggz
02-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Premium Package has the lumbar support -forgot about that. Otherwise, it doesn't add anything not already on this car (leather, moonroof, rain-sensing wipers, & auto headlights).

PirateZHP
02-11-2014, 01:33 PM
pics...?

COBMWs
02-11-2014, 02:05 PM
I just got off the phone with the internet salesman at the dealer and he sent a few pics - just from his phone, so not the best quality (sorry for the large size).

Here's the big kicker - didn't we see a mileage figure of 30k somewhere in the listing? The carfax had a reading of 30k like 3 years ago, so I asked for him to confirm the mileage, and it's actually 64k.

So, it's still low miles, but depending on the condition as described by Wes, and considering whether you like those wheels or not (they are nice, I personally would prefer the stock ZHP ones), this is nowhere near an $18k car.

1/2past3ci
02-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Those are the exact same pics he sent me. He sent me a few others too, I'll try to upload those later.

KevinC
02-11-2014, 03:22 PM
If that's an $18k car, my $17.5k car in the classifieds is worth about $25k. What a bunch of scheisters.

EDS
02-11-2014, 03:54 PM
Beautiful color...none the less.

COBMWs
02-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Well, they finally posted pics of the car. I like it and may be interested, but with the non-stock wheels (as nice as they may be), no premium/cold weather, and the minor accident history on the carfax, not sure if it's worth any more than, let's say $14-15k.

http://www.nissanofcoolsprings.com/used/BMW/2006-BMW-330Ci-0e14a5c30a0a00de76fe2801cef4d8c7.htm

On the plus side, 64k miles is pretty low, and the color combo is great.

Vas
02-18-2014, 11:24 AM
So who is in the area to take a look? I would but I am 9 hours away

ELCID86
02-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Love the color combo. Do we have a member in Nashville?

Au1994
02-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Well, they finally posted pics of the car. I like it and may be interested, but with the non-stock wheels (as nice as they may be), no premium/cold weather, and the minor accident history on the carfax, not sure if it's worth any more than, let's say $14-15k.

On the plus side, 64k miles is pretty low, and the color combo is great.

Agree.its nice but a14-15k car all day long. It's at a mainline dealer so maybe there's plenty of wiggle room!

Good to see you btw :)

COBMWs
02-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Hey there! Nice to see you too!

See - your blue over natural brown convertible has me thinking that way! :)

RPA88
03-05-2014, 08:21 PM
I drove to Nashville last week to check this car out - with the intention of potentially buying it -- all based on the detailed description provided by the dealer - Nissan of Cool Springs. Bottom line - I declined the purchase, based on condition issues.
The original owner (Oklahoma) appeared to have maintained the car very well. When he sold the car to the last owner, that's when things appeared to go badly.
Several significantly bad spots on the exterior - just behind the driver's door - looked like someone tried to break into the car. When the car was involved in an accident in a parking lot (see CARFAX report), the left front fender apparently was damaged and subsequently replaced. The driver's door was repainted in an effort to blend in the color from the fender.
The interior really is a mess. Driver's seat left side bolster is shot. The seat cushion cover also does not look good. The cost from BMW to replace both of these covers is about $1,100. The car has window tinting that was not applied particularly well - with some apparent bubbling. The leather on the center armrest was totally shot. Then there's the concern with the aftermarket wheels.
The car appears to have spent most of its life baking in the hot sun outside. Weather stripping and moldings were in some instances completely shot. The molding around the sunroof perimeter looked weather-beaten and on the way out. It's a shame that this car was not better cared for. The color combination was really nice... at least when it was new...
Mechanically the car seemed ok. Engine had a great sound and response. Problem is that there is no documentation on any service work done on the car from 29,000 miles to the current mileage of over 64k miles. Not good.

Good news is - I ended up purchasing a very nice 36k mile '06 M3. 6 speed with ZCP package. California car.

COBMWs
03-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Thanks for sharing - I've been keeping my eye on this one, but now I can move on.

The insight is very helpful.

And congrats on the M3. I'm considering the same thing - I'd prefer a zhp, but the pricing on the nice ones is getting a bit on the high side, approaching if not overlapping M3 prices.

ELCID86
03-06-2014, 05:12 AM
I drove to Nashville last week to check this car out - with the intention of potentially buying it -- all based on the detailed description provided by the dealer - Nissan of Cool Springs. Bottom line - I declined the purchase, based on condition issues.
The original owner (Oklahoma) appeared to have maintained the car very well. When he sold the car to the last owner, that's when things appeared to go badly.
Several significantly bad spots on the exterior - just behind the driver's door - looked like someone tried to break into the car. When the car was involved in an accident in a parking lot (see CARFAX report), the left front fender apparently was damaged and subsequently replaced. The driver's door was repainted in an effort to blend in the color from the fender.
The interior really is a mess. Driver's seat left side bolster is shot. The seat cushion cover also does not look good. The cost from BMW to replace both of these covers is about $1,100. The car has window tinting that was not applied particularly well - with some apparent bubbling. The leather on the center armrest was totally shot. Then there's the concern with the aftermarket wheels.
The car appears to have spent most of its life baking in the hot sun outside. Weather stripping and moldings were in some instances completely shot. The molding around the sunroof perimeter looked weather-beaten and on the way out. It's a shame that this car was not better cared for. The color combination was really nice... at least when it was new...
Mechanically the car seemed ok. Engine had a great sound and response. Problem is that there is no documentation on any service work done on the car from 29,000 miles to the current mileage of over 64k miles. Not good.

Good news is - I ended up purchasing a very nice 36k mile '06 M3. 6 speed with ZCP package. California car.
Nice report. And congrats on the ///M3!

I actually like these wheels. Did you get around to talking price with the dealer so others here will know?

RPA88
03-06-2014, 06:28 PM
In getting to the dealership in Nashville, I had driven about 5.5 hours from St. Louis. I paid for a hotel room that night - plus the cost of the rental car to get to Nashville. Needless to say, based on the dealer's description of the car, our very detailed discussion on numerous calls, and the photos that they had sent me of the car, I was fully prepared to write a check for the car. I was ok with a price of $17k - provided that the car was as they had described. When I saw the car, I immediately knew that it would take too much $$ to bring it back to the condition that I wanted the car to be in. I told the dealer that I would not follow through with the purchase - based on their misrepresentation of the car. The salesman and the sales manager then met privately, and then approached me with the idea of reducing the price. I told them that they would have to reduce the price to $15,500 at a minimum. They did not flinch at hearing that. I thought about it more - did some quick calculations in my head, and ultimately told them no deal - even at $15,500. There was just too much cosmetic work needed to bring it back - plus the concern about lack of any maintenance documentation from 29k to 64k - nothing. On top of all of that - the tainted CARFAX report with the parking lot accident.
Anyway - as it played out, it really was good fortune for me going through this. I've always wanted an M3 and this experience just solidified that direction.

COBMWs
03-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Must have been frustrating to have driven all that way and find the car not consistent with the dealership's representation.

The pictures actually look decent - which just goes to show you that a lot can be hidden with the camera (even if it's not intentional).

Kudos to you though for not going ahead with the purchase despite the long drive though - I'm sure some would figure they'd just go for it after all that time and money spent on the travel.

yura
03-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Must have been frustrating to have driven all that way and find the car not consistent with the dealership's representation.

The pictures actually look decent - which just goes to show you that a lot can be hidden with the camera (even if it's not intentional).

I've ripped dealerships new assholes for misrepresenting vehicles when they were 30 minutes away from me and I had a ride. I'd have been livid after a 5.5 hour drive in a rental and the associated expenses.

fredo
03-07-2014, 12:53 PM
RPA88, have you considered to write about your experience with the Nashville dealer in yelp or similar website ?

RPA88
03-07-2014, 07:05 PM

Kudos to you though for not going ahead with the purchase despite the long drive though - I'm sure some would figure they'd just go for it after all that time and money spent on the travel.

There was a point in my life - a few years back, that I would have gone ballistic on this dealer. I guess as you experience the deliberate deception and games that most dealers engage in, you almost come to expect it. The dealer - Nissan of Cool Springs, was particularly unethical.

Thanks for your comments.

RPA88
03-07-2014, 07:06 PM
RPA88, have you considered to write about your experience with the Nashville dealer in yelp or similar website ?

Good suggestion. They certainly have earned it.

Thanks.

Update - Nissan of Cool Springs has a new Yelp review - completed in accordance with the info conveyed above. They've earned it!

ELCID86
03-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Really sorry for your troubles. I did have one dealer offer to cover my transportation costs for driving/flying to get a car. I didn't pursue the car, but throw it out there as something you or others can ask about in the future when traveling to buy.

RPA88
03-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Thanks for your comments.

If anyone does visit this dealership (Nissan of Cool Springs), the salesman that I dealt with is named Paul Stamatis. He's been with the dealership for several years (not a rookie.) Shameful.

COBMWs
03-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Alright - I may be crazy (feel free to tell me so), but as the price continues to drop on this car in TN, do you think there's a price point at which the cosmetic issues are worth dealing with? For the Mystic Blue/NB combination, it still piques my interest.

RPA88 - you've seen it in person and provided a great report of its condition above. If mechanically it seemed to in good shape, how bad are the cosmetic issues. Honestly, the vehicle looks pretty decent in the pictures, but clearly much can be hidden on a computer screen.

MiniD
03-18-2014, 08:56 AM
Alright - I may be crazy (feel free to tell me so), but as the price continues to drop on this car in TN, do you think there's a price point at which the cosmetic issues are worth dealing with? For the Mystic Blue/NB combination, it still piques my interest.

RPA88 - you've seen it in person and provided a great report of its condition above. If mechanically it seemed to in good shape, how bad are the cosmetic issues. Honestly, the vehicle looks pretty decent in the pictures, but clearly much can be hidden on a computer screen.

This car is sold.

ZHPCoop
04-11-2014, 01:58 PM
I bought it.

Hermes
04-11-2014, 01:59 PM
congrats

gmurphy
04-11-2014, 06:03 PM
I bought it.

Sweet! Welcome