PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what the controls under the Hvac are?

diverse
02-11-2014, 10:19 AM
I have yet to get my car from Oklahoma so I find myself looking at the pictures awaiting her arrival.

there are three buttons under the hvac control and the door which looks like an ashtray or some sort of door.

one button says DSC I am assuming this is a stability control button

the other button looks like a speaker I am assuming this is either blue tooth or something to do with radio

the third button is very hard to make out
but I think it is the triangle inside a swimming pool

or like an ameaoba ate a slice of pizza

seriously though
it is a triangle inside a u shape.

I believe that is what I am seeing

what is that symbol?

ELCID86
02-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Picture here for reference. http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?10999-BMW-M3-E46-sport-button-Center-Console-Switch-Panel

Leave the speaker button off and DSC on.

Crickett
02-11-2014, 10:44 AM
LOL @ amoeba pizza!

“DSC” is Dynamic Stability Control; check the Owner’s Manual, page 91 for its operation (BMW link (http://cache.bmwusa.com/PDF_efbdb4b0-d2c0-4044-9d20-979ad21a76fe.arox?v=f670d931-0e5f-4386-80a2-f7c285bdb797))

The speaker is the toggle for the harmon/kardon amp; try it on and off to see what you like (I prefer it on, myself).

The “amoeba that ate a pizza” is the Flat Tire Monitor initialization button: set your tire pressures correctly, press the button until the same icon appears (in amber) on your dash, then drive off. The light’ll go out once the system has the data it needs. (Owner’s Manual page 92.)

johnrando
02-11-2014, 11:23 AM
What they said.

That speaker button is kind of a "loudness" control.

DSC button has 3 settings I believe, that you can toggle through. Most people just leave it on.

And then the tire pressure button. Once it's set, it shouldn't come on unless 1 or more of your tires is at the difference threshold from the others. It's not exact though, so read up on it. For example, if all 4 of your tires lost air pressure at the same rate, you could be low on air but the button wouldn't necessarily sense/reflect that. (I know, not likely, but the system isn't exact is my point).

diverse
02-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Much appreciated.
nice to know I have an amp.
pretty sophisticated stuff

ELCID86
02-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Much appreciated.
nice to know I have an amp.
pretty sophisticated stuff

A lot of opinions on having it on or off. Bad part is the system is pretty proprietary and the components are not easy to replace with economical aftermarket ones. Hopefully your are all in working order and you like the sound. Let us know if you are an H/K on or off guy!

Hornung418
02-11-2014, 11:52 AM
H/K on. Adjust the tonal settings in the head unit and enjoy the richness of full surround sound.

Sent from my GS3.

webster
02-13-2014, 09:49 AM
i prefer H/K off myself. also, there is no amplifier.

cakM3
02-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Not really applicable to this thread but a few of us have added the "Sport" button taken from the ///M on our ZHPs. This button serves no function on our ZHP but we have incorporated this button to work with our sprint booster so it actually controlls which mode we want to drive our cars in. So if you happen to be at a meet where a ZHP with a sport button installed is, this is most likely what it's being used for in our cars. :)

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37/macdctr/ZHP/DSC_0098_zps2aded9ad.jpg

Smolck
02-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Pushing DSC once only partially disables the traction control. You will see the triangle with a curved line around it (I call this the fun zone). Then if you hold it for 5 seconds, the YELLOW BRAKE light will come on and that means you are 100% disabled and can now kill yourself much easier. Good for track days and Auto-X, not great for rainy days.

Enjoy!

QC_ZHP
02-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Leave the speaker button off and DSC on.

I'm usually speaker on and DSC off! Haha.

'triangle in a swimming pool' Lol, I love it.