PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2006 300Ci ZHP, Blk/Blk Lthr, AT, 6.1k miles, $??? (E.A.G., OH)

Dearg-due
02-13-2014, 08:51 PM
http://tinyurl.com/n4ugg4f

Posting in part because I'm curious, has anyone ever dealt with them or purchased their ZHP from them?

Are the worth the premium they look to demand?

In any case, I'm sure after they post pictures, this will turn out to be one gorgeous ZHP ...

ELCID86
02-14-2014, 03:58 AM
6,098 Miles! Wow. They always have very nice (pricey to me) cars. Someone here just bought one.

MiniD
02-14-2014, 04:00 AM
Pretty sure this car was posted on here a few days ago. EAG jumped on it fast.

Mike2003ZHP
02-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Seller will be posting pictures today.

NorCalZman
02-14-2014, 10:10 AM
I believe EAG is the outfit that regularly swipes low mileage ZHPs before regular folks have a chance to buy and then places them for sale at a huge markup. I hear their "customer service" is nice when they are taking all that extra money from you, though.

tkundhi
02-14-2014, 10:52 AM
One of best friends bought his ZHP from EAG. Excellent service and a great car. Totally no issues on or after delivery. Yes they charge a premium. But that is worth it for some buyers. I would have considered buying from them if they had what I was after. They didn't and felt I could find a car myself. Which I did. I paid a small premium over market and will spend some extra making the car perfect. In the end I will have saved some over buying through EAG. But probably not several thousand. For me the hunt is half the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1/2past3ci
02-14-2014, 11:55 AM
I bought an M3 from them about 3 years ago. I paid more than I wanted to for it, but they perform major services to every car they sell so they will be turn key and trouble free for a long time after the sale. My car included a service bill for inspection 2. I can't remember what the service cost with parts and labor, but I remember thinking I'm glad its done rather than buying the car and having to do it in a few months. I dealt with Evan there. He was nice and friendly, but I didn't leave thinking we were going to be pen pals. Pretty down to business guys.

EDS
02-14-2014, 12:36 PM
Shall we start taking bets on how much the price will be?

I'm guessing $24,999.

yura
02-14-2014, 12:50 PM
I believe EAG is the outfit that regularly swipes low mileage ZHPs before regular folks have a chance to buy and then places them for sale at a huge markup. I hear their "customer service" is nice when they are taking all that extra money from you, though.

This is correct. They have the capital to pay asking price (or even higher) for clean cars (and thus take them away from any private buyers), then they slap a huge markup on them. They've essentially created a monopoly on clean cars. Pretty "interesting" business practice.

But their cars do get tip-top service prior to sale, so that's a plus. Personally though, I'd rather buy a clean car and do the maintenance myself, on my own time, and save many thousands of dollars over dealing with EAG.

Nivo
02-14-2014, 12:53 PM
$20k + for an 8 year old car that if it gets hit will fair market value at about $9,000... no thanks...

For a collector maybe, if the car was worth something. As of right now there isn't much value to them...just yet.

Nice car though.

Vas
02-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Pics are up.

Wonder if they will get that much for it especially it being a Step.

NorCalZman
02-14-2014, 03:07 PM
They want 26k. Well according to kbb a "fair" price for the car is around 23k. That is a dealer price in excellent condition. So you are paying roughly a 3k fee for the privilege of giving EAG your money.

I bet EAG got this car for well under 23k too. They'll be making a lot of money off someone with this car.

Mike2003ZHP
02-14-2014, 03:19 PM
The (asking) price: $25,990
Here's 100 pix:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a5buxibem7upnb9/il7iV7QFhh

If it had alcantara interior and MT, I would HAVE to own it.

Vas
02-14-2014, 04:18 PM
If this was M/T, I would :jawdrop

NorCalZman
02-14-2014, 05:17 PM
I was right. Another thread had this car listed for 20k. So they bought it and marked it up 6k

Dearg-due
02-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Well, to be not hasty, according to the E.A.G. website, at the very least, they're also doing all of this to the car:

Enthusiast Auto will be completing a Comprehensive Pre-Purchase Inspection and Work Order ensuring the integrity of this ZHP. Service Order Highlights will include a Complete 10-year Service which includes: Engine Oil + Filter Change, Transmission Fluid Change, Differential Fluid Change, Coolant Flush, Brake Fluid Flush, Power Steering Fluid Flush, Engine Air Filter and Fuel Filter Replacement. EAG will also install a new set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport or AS3 All Season tires (customer’s choice).

I mean, c'mon, that's totally worth a 6k markup, right?

kayger12
02-14-2014, 07:16 PM
EAG caters to a specific market and it's clear that there is no shortage of people willing to pay a premium for their vehicles.

Bashing them isn't going to change that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Avetiso
02-14-2014, 07:21 PM
EAG caters to a specific market and it's clear that there is no shortage of people willing to pay a premium for their vehicles.

Bashing them isn't going to change that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Agree. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but they are making money, and I sure as hell won't blame them for continuing to do so. :rofl

NorCalZman
02-14-2014, 07:28 PM
I think they have a right to exist and I will even admit it is very clever. But there's nothing wrong with not agreeing about how they run their business. They are not taking run down classics, fully restore them, and sell them at a profit after a lot of hard work.

They constantly monitor the internet for low mileage cream puffs and swoop in before the enthusiasts have a chance to purchase then put in very little work for maintenance because low mileage cream puffs need very little work. Then they add a huge markup and place it on sale.

By cornering the market on these cars, people have little choice but to go to them and pay the extra money if they want a chance to own a nice car like this. Hard to compete with that. Not bashing. Just the facts and a personal statement that I don't think it's very fair for the regular joes trying to find these cars.

Dearg-due
02-21-2014, 08:22 AM
Well, that was fast: shows sale pending on the E.A.G. website.

ranger
02-21-2014, 10:22 AM
I only wish I had the funds to copy their business model!

johnrando
02-21-2014, 10:33 AM
I think they have a right to exist and I will even admit it is very clever. But there's nothing wrong with not agreeing about how they run their business. They are not taking run down classics, fully restore them, and sell them at a profit after a lot of hard work.

They constantly monitor the internet for low mileage cream puffs and swoop in before the enthusiasts have a chance to purchase then put in very little work for maintenance because low mileage cream puffs need very little work. Then they add a huge markup and place it on sale.

By cornering the market on these cars, people have little choice but to go to them and pay the extra money if they want a chance to own a nice car like this. Hard to compete with that. Not bashing. Just the facts and a personal statement that I don't think it's very fair for the regular joes trying to find these cars.

It actually sounds like they put it a good amount of maintenance regardless of need. Clearly there is value to people in buying a car that is sound and needs virtually no routine maintenance for years - otherwise EAG wouldn't exist. If you think about it, what is the main fear of people buying used European cars? Maintenance. If you aren't a DIYer, buying a cream puff that has all the maint. already done is a huge bonus.

Au1994
02-21-2014, 05:43 PM
If you didn't buy your ZHP new and wanted to know what one looked like, I guess this was your chance. Lowest miles I've seen was an Imola and black convertible w/30k for 18,900 when I was looking for mine. Clean as a whistle and the dealer(MB) had pics of it on a rack so there was no concern about rust. More than I wanted to pay though.