PDA

View Full Version : canadian ZHP's are rare... dang.

slater
02-18-2014, 02:50 PM
taken from: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1629631&postcount=273

if these are accurate, i've got 1 of 251. cool. :)

peter

danewilson77
02-18-2014, 02:55 PM
I wonder how that guy was able to get production numbers for the ZHP?

Higher than we suspected if confirmed.

5 SMG's?

My sedan is one of 1680?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

slater
02-18-2014, 03:00 PM
that's how i would read it, yeah.

not sure how he got the production numbers. here's what he claims:

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1612293&postcount=14

peter

yura
02-18-2014, 03:07 PM
I wonder how rare mine was...
'05 ZAM, 6MT, Imola Red on Alcantara, Manual Heated Seats, Sunroof, Tire Pressure Monitoring, Folding Rear seats.

cakM3
02-18-2014, 03:11 PM
I didn't know ZHP's came with the SMG option :scratchinghead

Lanister
02-18-2014, 03:19 PM
taken from: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1629631&postcount=273

if these are accurate, i've got 1 of 251. cool. :)

peter

I find it funny that more Convertibles were sold in Canada than Sedans or Coupes. I thought Canada was north of the border :)

Avetiso
02-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Not sure how good these stats are.

ELCID86
02-18-2014, 03:39 PM
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1629637&postcount=275
"SMG never made it into production. Most likely you are mistaken that you've seen one. Only 1 car was actually sold to the public and the last time it was for sale it was 2009"

yura
02-18-2014, 03:50 PM

Paddle shifters were an option, and it was a similar abbreviation, but not SMG. SMT or something like that. It's a different transmission.

In fact, there's one for sale locally: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/cto/4322321421.html

This particular car is from out east (Ontario) and had an interior fire at one point. Current owner has had it for at least 2-3 years, and it has been for sale since last summer - I bought my last track motorcycle from him.

Avetiso
02-18-2014, 04:01 PM
I believe it was SSG.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

yura
02-18-2014, 04:19 PM
I believe it was SSG.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That's the one!

alexandre
02-18-2014, 08:46 PM
I read through the thread and I doubt he's spewing bullsh*t... His stats look legit. We're a bit closer to the euro market than you guys as we're a much smaller population (we have 320's, M Sport E46's, etc), so I figure maybe dealer policies are different, or he works for BMWAG.

I find it funny that more Convertibles were sold in Canada than Sedans or Coupes. I thought Canada was north of the border :)

They're quite common, here at least. I see more 3er verts than coupes. People buy them as 2nd cars or just don't care and drive them year round.

I'm reading through the guy and (fwiw) the guy says that ZHP was standard on '06 verts, which explains the higher numbers.

5 SMG's?

My sedan is one of 1680?

I have the brochure from 2003 and it states that ZHP production will be limited to 1,000... Pretty funny.

I'd think we're actually rarer than 1/1680. That's for all the alcantara sedans, automatic or manual. Taking into account that about 60% of cars were manual, we can say about 1000 manual alcantara sedans. Then narrow those down to imola.

BRGcoopahS
02-21-2014, 09:44 PM

Apparently in the UK verts are fairly common too. It's because that since they have such rainy weather, when it actually is sunny they want to embrace it. Meanwhile people in the US for the most part are spoiled with better weather and drive wight the top up in nice weather. (Which always makes me shake my head.)

Nice to see the verts have the least amount of manual transmissions. I like that I'm in the minority :)

orange260z
02-25-2014, 04:14 AM
We likes our sun here in the Great White North! :)

When I bought my Boxster (the car I replaced with the current BMW), the Porsche dealer in Dallas said that it was not uncommon to find Porsches, especially convertibles, coming off a 4 or 5 year lease with only 10-15,000 miles. He said that for the Dallas owner, it is typically a 3rd or 4th car in the household, and is only driven when it's not cold (but not too hot), not rainy (but not too sunny)... and in the end, never gets driven.

Alternatively, in the northern US (and he said by extension, Canada) we tend to use our cars as daily drivers whenever the weather permits ie March to November... so our mileage tends to be higher. Go figure.

SickFinga
02-26-2014, 08:45 AM

5 SMG's?

My sedan is one of 1680?

I got the data by pulling build sheets for all the 330 from BMW's ASAP website.
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/accessories/electronic-parts-catalogue/electronic-parts-catalogue.html

All SMG equipped cars were pre-production models. Out of 5 SMG equipped cars, only 1 was sold and is still on the road.

I have the brochure from 2003 and it states that ZHP production will be limited to 1,000... Pretty funny.

Can you scan or take a photo of the brochure? I collect them, and brochure covering special editions or packages are very interesting to me.

I wonder how rare mine was...
'05 ZAM, 6MT, Imola Red on Alcantara, Manual Heated Seats, Sunroof, Tire Pressure Monitoring, Folding Rear seats.

Are you sure you got TPS? I don't see any M Sports with it.

yura
02-26-2014, 09:08 AM
Are you sure you got TPS? I don't see any M Sports with it.

Yes, mine had a button to reset the tire pressure and the appropriate lights on the dash. Mine was also a ZAM, not M-Sport.

SickFinga
02-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Yes, mine had a button to reset the tire pressure and the appropriate lights on the dash. Mine was also a ZAM, not M-Sport.

Found it. I was looking at the wrong option code for the TPS. For some reason BMW had 2 codes. Anyways, there were only 4 ZHP/ZAMs with it and only 1 of them is Imola.

yura
02-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Found it. I was looking at the wrong option code for the TPS. For some reason BMW had 2 codes. Anyways, there were only 4 ZHP/ZAMs with it and only 1 of them is Imola.

So I sold, quite literally, the only car like that in the world. :(