PDA

View Full Version : Front Defroster - Am I doing it wrong?

Stigissimo
02-22-2014, 11:28 AM
I drive my car in the winter, so on long drives the windshield fogs up. I run my climate control on auto using the AC compressor, and turn on the defroster for short bursts to de-fog the windshield. Does anybody else's defroster turn their car into a frigging sauna when they use it? Mine heats up the car to almost intolerable temperatures when I use it, even in short busts.

Crickett
02-22-2014, 01:30 PM
That’s my understanding of how the front defroster is supposed to work: high heat, high fan speed to heat the glass to defrost it. :dunno

Avetiso
02-22-2014, 01:40 PM
If your AC is working properly your windshield shouldn't fog in the first place. For some reason, you still have excess humidity in your cabin.

Of course, it never gets that cold in Sacramento (high teens is the worst it gets), but I still think that's probably your problem.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

E_Rak
02-23-2014, 08:16 AM
Nic you really shouldn't be sexing ladies in the car while you're driving, that's your first problem!

Check and see if your carpets are wet. That might cause some water to evaporate as the cabin heats up and leave condensation on the windshield. I don't fog up at all.

Avetiso
02-23-2014, 08:29 AM
Nic you really shouldn't be sexing ladies in the car while you're driving, that's your first problem!

Check and see if your carpets are wet. That might cause some water to evaporate as the cabin heats up and leave condensation on the windshield. I don't fog up at all.

You consider that a problem?

:rofl

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

llll1l1ll
02-24-2014, 06:02 AM
Just a thought, but wouldn't the little temperature wheel affect the air temperature out of the vents? That or maybe the car automatically adjusts to the outside temperature (so if it's cold it blows hot defrost). Just a hunch.

Anyway, I'd also check to see if you have excess moisture. The air conditioner naturally dehumidifies the car, so you shouldn't fog up.