PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Rocker Panel

TristanHunter
02-23-2014, 04:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FdLLA0Ll.jpg

It seems like one of the POs missed the jack pad and cracked it.

It pretty minor (less than 2 inches), but its been bugging me and I'm not sure how to go about repairing it. Has anybody dealt with this before?

Is it DIY-able? or should I just talk to a body shop?

TIA

Avetiso
02-23-2014, 04:32 PM
If you wanna get it fixed, you'll probably need bond the plastic and repaint it. I would just epoxy the back to get the plastic to sit flush and then use some touch up paint. It would be much cheaper and it'll be practically invisible.

Vas
02-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Proper way is to have a body shop fix the crack and paint the complete panel. But there are ways to diy

TristanHunter
02-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Any guess what a body shop would charge? I want to diy but I'm not sure if it would hold up in the long run

Frankie Z.
02-24-2014, 04:45 AM
I backed into a snowbank and cracked up my rear diffuser it was in 3 pieces it took me 3 days to find it in the snow but when I got the pieces I super glued them back together sanded it flushed and spray painted it satin black and you can't tell

ELCID86
02-24-2014, 05:10 AM
I backed into a snowbank and cracked up my rear diffuser it was in 3 pieces it took me 3 days to find it in the snow but when I got the pieces I super glued them back together sanded it flushed and spray painted it satin black and you can't tell

Welcome Frankie. Hope you'll post an intro thread.

llll1l1ll
02-24-2014, 06:19 AM
OP's picture is my worst fear when putting the car on a lift!

That looks like an easy fix. I reckon a shop could probably do it for cheaper than you think.

Frankie Z.
02-24-2014, 08:37 AM
Welcome Frankie. Hope you'll post an intro thread.

Thanks for welcoming me ElCid86 I am new to this forum stuff and I am not sure where to post an intro thread or even how to ,perhaps you could point me in the right direction

ELCID86
02-24-2014, 09:15 AM
Thanks for welcoming me ElCid86 I am new to this forum stuff and I am not sure where to post an intro thread or even how to ,perhaps you could point me in the right direction
Sure: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?9-New-Members-%28or-older-members-who-have-not-introduced-themselves%29
Use the "Post New Thread" icon near the top left.