PDA

View Full Version : FS: 03 330i Sedan ZHP Silver/blk MT 115k

csanter
02-24-2014, 05:43 AM
Not mine. Haven't seen it posted.

Vin: WBAEV534X3KM04125

Let me know if link doesn't work

http://m.cars.com/for-sale/#photogallery?paID=129823072&aff=mobsite&searchId=2222104900000000000000001393248596097&userId=2182231100000000000000001393248556512&stkTyp=U&mkNm=&mdNm=&zip=11792

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELCID86
02-24-2014, 06:57 AM
Looks nice, though the picture quality is low.
I added here http://www.zhpregistry.net/AddVInfo.aspx

ELCID86
02-24-2014, 06:58 AM
East Windsor, NJ = Bill's associate I think.

illirep
02-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Yes - very clean 2 owner, west coast car. Lots of good maintenance history.

TheFinanceGuy
02-26-2014, 05:58 AM
Better picture quality at their direct sight. Perhaps with the above link being a mobile link, the pictures were downsized for a small screen.

http://www.nationwideautogroup.com/vehicle-details/2541c39dcaffc54582d2de1d4e3f5db1/2003+bmw+330i+zhp+4-door+sedan.html

Nice looking car.

slater
02-26-2014, 07:17 AM
really nice. my favorite ZHP color... if only the CAD/USD exchange rate wasn't so abysmal for canadians right now...

peter

NoVAphotog
02-26-2014, 10:28 AM
I'm in the market for my first ZHP and really like this one, could I contact the member referenced above for a test drive/their impressions?

ELCID86
02-26-2014, 11:47 AM
DM illirep (Bill).

bshovers
02-27-2014, 06:26 PM
sent an email waiting to hear back...anyone got any new info ?

gmurphy
02-27-2014, 06:29 PM
sent an email waiting to hear back...anyone got any new info ?

This car was well kept. Lots of good maintenance done and great price. Bill is a great guy and knows his stuff! I no longer have it but he might still have the BMW warranty service report too plus all the records on the site.

gmurphy
02-27-2014, 06:30 PM
Recent service includes:
82,864: Replaced valve cover gasket 82,864: Replaced drive belts, idler pulley and alternator tensioner pulley 82,864: Oil and filter service
90,719: Inspection II performed; Oil and filter service
90,719: Power steering fluid flush 90,719: Brake fluid flush
98,770: 4 wheel alignment
99,154: Starter replaced
99,154: Oil and filter service
104,374: Cooling system replaced 107,294: Front control arms and bushings, alignment
107,294: Oil and filter service

NoVAphotog
02-27-2014, 08:39 PM
Recent service includes:
82,864: Replaced valve cover gasket 82,864: Replaced drive belts, idler pulley and alternator tensioner pulley 82,864: Oil and filter service
90,719: Inspection II performed; Oil and filter service
90,719: Power steering fluid flush 90,719: Brake fluid flush
98,770: 4 wheel alignment
99,154: Starter replaced
99,154: Oil and filter service
104,374: Cooling system replaced 107,294: Front control arms and bushings, alignment
107,294: Oil and filter service

I spoke, with Bill, seems like a great guy and I really like the car. For a first time Zhp owner, what else would the car need with that mileage? As far as mechanics are concerned that is.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

bshovers
02-27-2014, 08:51 PM
price is still a little out of my price range....ughhh

gmurphy
02-27-2014, 09:03 PM
I spoke, with Bill, seems like a great guy and I really like the car. For a first time Zhp owner, what else would the car need with that mileage? As far as mechanics are concerned that is.

I would guess suspension eventually but not immediately. Obviously I suggest changing all the fluids. Also if this car doesn't have it, installing a Cold Weather CCV Kit to prevent issues later on. Solid car for the price. The buyer should know they are getting a great vehicle!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NoVAphotog
02-27-2014, 09:12 PM
Definitely looks like a great vehicle, but I don't know about that price...

bshovers
02-27-2014, 09:39 PM
What would a reasonable offer be in your opinion?

NoVAphotog
02-28-2014, 04:25 AM
What would a reasonable offer be in your opinion?

I mean, you and I are in the same boat it appears...as interested parties. That, and I'm not sure. I've seen the prices of these all over the place vary so it's tough to judge.

Let's wait for unbiased viewpoints. :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC 1 using Tapatalk

gmurphy
02-28-2014, 04:31 AM

Price is about spot on. You are going to pay a little more since it has well kept history and has had good preventative maintenance performed. I was actually about settled on this one when I decided to wait and save a little bit more money but then came across the one I own now and couldn't refuse what they were offering. Trust me though this is a fine example, don't even worry about the mileage or anything. This thing will last forever.

illirep
02-28-2014, 04:46 AM
Give them a call and ask for Steve. He'll work with you.

Price will always be a little higher when buying from a dealer as they have very expensive overhead to pay for, but you get added assurances and fringe benefits.

They can take trade-in's, last I heard they were able to do 2.9% for 60 months with good credit and can even offer decent warranties....

Let me know how it goes.

MiniD
02-28-2014, 04:58 AM

Price is spot on, IMO.

bshovers
02-28-2014, 06:29 AM
I mean, you and I are in the same boat it appears...as interested parties. That, and I'm not sure. I've seen the prices of these all over the place vary so it's tough to judge.

Let's wait for unbiased viewpoints. :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC 1 using Tapatalk

yeah there all over the place its frustrating...talking to a guy that has one listed for $8,000 and 103k miles, but then you see another one with 150k miles for $12,000. Then when you find a cheaper one it either needs work or gets taken by another guy usually whose local...happened to me

NoVAphotog
02-28-2014, 06:55 AM
yeah there all over the place its frustrating...talking to a guy that has one listed for $8,000 and 103k miles, but then you see another one with 150k miles for $12,000. Then when you find a cheaper one it either needs work or gets taken by another guy usually whose local...happened to me

Yeah, I've really had to get my desire for one in check for that exact reason, I'm following the guide on here about "how to find and buy" financially speaking.

It's starting to piss me off too, you see great ones pop up but they are in another part of the country which adds a whole lot of prospective cost on your end or they are local and you feel genuinely sorry for the car for the shape it's in (the Fairfax, VA one right around the corner from me). OH, and people are still trying to get a grand or two more because they are "aware" it's a ZHP. I guess, it's just when these are shitty they are really shit. And well-kept examples you are going to pay for...just have to be patient and wait for the right one.

bshovers
02-28-2014, 07:16 AM
Yeah, I've really had to get my desire for one in check for that exact reason, I'm following the guide on here about "how to find and buy" financially speaking.

It's starting to piss me off too, you see great ones pop up but they are in another part of the country which adds a whole lot of prospective cost on your end or they are local and you feel genuinely sorry for the car for the shape it's in (the Fairfax, VA one right around the corner from me). OH, and people are still trying to get a grand or two more because they are "aware" it's a ZHP. I guess, it's just when these are shitty they are really shit. And well-kept examples you are going to pay for...just have to be patient and wait for the right one.
Hahaha I hear you 100% the one I'm looking at in MA I tried seeing how much a uhaul would cost to drive it back. The only thing I have going for me is that I have a free one way ticket with southwest. But I'm just like you I dream that everyday I'm gonna find one on craigslist and it's going to be my dream car. I seriously search craigslist and all the car sites multiple times a day. I tell myself to stop because nothing will be new on there yet. I have probably seen every car on the car sites and craigslist 30 times lol

slater
02-28-2014, 07:19 AM

perhaps you are new to this, but one thing you have to realize - these are enthusiast- and borderline collector-cars - it's a completely different ballgame when buying a car.

patience is key, willingness to take a risk...a possibility. travel is almost always required.

peter

NoVAphotog
02-28-2014, 07:40 AM
perhaps you are new to this, but one thing you have to realize - these are enthusiast- and borderline collector-cars - it's a completely different ballgame when buying a car.

patience is key, willingness to take a risk...a possibility. travel is almost always required.

peter

I am new to this, but bshovers summed it up though. It's easy to think we sound ignorant, but I know they are enthusiast cars and I know they are worth it. It's just a tough hunt and as a buyer you are always looking uphill which is why it's frustrating. As far as risk is concerned the threshold is tough to set.

NoVAphotog
02-28-2014, 07:42 AM
Hahaha I hear you 100% the one I'm looking at in MA I tried seeing how much a uhaul would cost to drive it back. The only thing I have going for me is that I have a free one way ticket with southwest. But I'm just like you I dream that everyday I'm gonna find one on craigslist and it's going to be my dream car. I seriously search craigslist and all the car sites multiple times a day. I tell myself to stop because nothing will be new on there yet. I have probably seen every car on the car sites and craigslist 30 times lol

Sounds familiar. This is what I was referring to about dialing it down a bit. I'm just going to continue saving money so that I can have a better foundation going forward in the search.

bshovers
02-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Sounds familiar. This is what I was referring to about dialing it down a bit. I'm just going to continue saving money so that I can have a better foundation going forward in the search.

Yeah I mean the one I'm looking to buy I found on craigslist the day he put it up there. He took it off because people where offering to trade him too much (so he says) I'm gonna make a post about the whole deal once I get the PPI there's just a few things that sketch me out but also a few things that make me want to hand the guy money with out a PPI like some of the recent maintenance as well as winter and summer tires

NoVAphotog
02-28-2014, 12:00 PM
Price is about spot on. You are going to pay a little more since it has well kept history and has had good preventative maintenance performed. I was actually about settled on this one when I decided to wait and save a little bit more money but then came across the one I own now and couldn't refuse what they were offering. Trust me though this is a fine example, don't even worry about the mileage or anything. This thing will last forever.

Based on Vas's recent purchase this one just shot way down in what I would feel comfortable paying...the car he bought in NC was an 05 with 116k...listed for the same price from a dealer. I don't see how TWO YEARS newer vs. "maintenance history" corresponds to this one being spot on. I mean...two years is a long time for a car to be out and about in the world experiencing life.

illirep
02-28-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm honestly getting a little annoyed at this dialogue. "Maintenance history" is substantially more valuable than model year. The year is almost irrelevant now that they are pretty much all 10 years old. Mileage and maintenance history are the key factors in value.

Vve cover gasket is a $350 job
Cooling system is $800

Just two examples to ponder.

gmurphy
02-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Based on Vas's recent purchase this one just shot way down in what I would feel comfortable paying...the car he bought in NC was an 05 with 116k...listed for the same price from a dealer. I don't see how TWO YEARS newer vs. "maintenance history" corresponds to this one being spot on. I mean...two years is a long time for a car to be out and about in the world experiencing life.

I understand what your saying but with the car were talking about here, we have excellent records and know it was enthusiast owned. This car is turn key. For example, there is no need to do a cooling system overhaul, at least for a long time. I would consider this car because you know it was taken car of and you know it is basically turn key. :) plus Bill knows his stuff. :roundel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

illirep
02-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Thanks brotha

NoVAphotog
03-01-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm honestly getting a little annoyed at this dialogue. "Maintenance history" is substantially more valuable than model year. The year is almost irrelevant now that they are pretty much all 10 years old. Mileage and maintenance history are the key factors in value.

Vve cover gasket is a $350 job
Cooling system is $800

Just two examples to ponder.

I apologize for sounding ignorant to those factors, I'm still new to looking at all the different angles/variables of value for these cars. I do agree with your points completely. And...I did do some pondering. What good is a two year newer car if you have no idea what was done to it in those years? Plus even that question is irrelevant, like you mentioned...they are all old cars.

gmurphy
03-01-2014, 01:51 PM
I apologize for sounding ignorant to those factors, I'm still new to looking at all the different angles/variables of value for these cars. I do agree with your points completely. And...I did do some pondering. What good is a two year newer car if you have no idea what was done to it in those years? Plus even that question is irrelevant, like you mentioned...they are all old cars.

:)