PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Sedan 6MT Silbergrau/Black 120K miles $11,999 Olathe, KS

Schlag96
02-25-2014, 08:22 AM
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=365622572

Looks pretty clean / maintained

Jet Moto
02-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Wonder why it needed head rebuilt at such a mileage that don't need it? Looks clean overall

Vas
02-25-2014, 12:33 PM
This car was listed here for sale and then the owner took the ad down. I had asked to see if it was still for sale but never got a response.

NoVAphotog
02-26-2014, 07:46 AM
I am actually in line to buy this ZHP (hence why it was removed), but I'm located in VA and am still in the process of selling my current car to get the funds lined up.

The reason for the head rebuild was the coolant system failure and it overheated while being driven to FL from KS by the previous owner. He has all the parts and repair logs from the rebuild. Friends advised against it as it was not known how hard the car was driven to cause that kind of failure. He said he has babied it for the last 2 years or so he's owned it.

I'm still interested in purchasing the car, but would really love if someone in that area could test drive it before I spend money on the plane tickets...

scooby24
02-26-2014, 11:01 AM
Sorry guys, took it down because I was planning on taking the car off the market due to the forester I was looking at buying selling. I found another forester that I'm picking up monday so the ZHP is back on the market. I'll reinstate the thread.

Overheating failure on the way back from FL was just a product of the lack of maintenance on the cooling system. It was back luck and an unfortunate expense...however, the car got a new lease on life as a result.

Mike V
02-26-2014, 08:40 PM
I am actually in line to buy this ZHP (hence why it was removed), but I'm located in VA and am still in the process of selling my current car to get the funds lined up.

The reason for the head rebuild was the coolant system failure and it overheated while being driven to FL from KS by the previous owner. He has all the parts and repair logs from the rebuild. Friends advised against it as it was not known how hard the car was driven to cause that kind of failure. He said he has babied it for the last 2 years or so he's owned it.

I'm still interested in purchasing the car, but would really love if someone in that area could test drive it before I spend money on the plane tickets...

For what it's worth, a good friend of mine is that previous owner. He bought it from the original owner in 2011. He was on the way home to KC after buying the car in FL, when the overflow tank sprung a leak. The low-coolant indicator light wasn't working for whatever reason so unfortunately, it overheated. The same mechanic who did all my BMW work when I lived in KC area is the guy who did the repair work to the head on this ZHP. He is very good at what he does. He also re-wired the low-coolant warning.

You don't know me so you can disregard what I'm saying if you'd like, but you have nothing to worry about here. I know Greg too (Scooby) and he is very meticulous and an overall great guy.

NoVAphotog
02-26-2014, 09:14 PM
Oh yeah, I wasn't worried about it too much as I talked with Greg/scooby quite a bit. The only hurdle in my acquiring the car is selling my Speed3. If someone else purchases it before then I'm sure it will be a great car!

Sent from my HTC 1 using Tapatalk

scooby24
02-27-2014, 05:53 AM
Thanks guys and Daniel, don't forget what I mentioned, if you're dedicated to selling your MS3 and confident you can do so for the amount you're looking for, you can always get a loan on the ZHP and simply pay off early when the MS3 sells. I'm showing the car friday and just got another request for the VIN number because someone else is looking into getting it financed through their bank...I'd hate for you to lose the opportunity given the money you invested in the PPI and time spent learning all about the car's history.

NoVAphotog
02-27-2014, 06:25 AM
Thanks guys and Daniel, don't forget what I mentioned, if you're dedicated to selling your MS3 and confident you can do so for the amount you're looking for, you can always get a loan on the ZHP and simply pay off early when the MS3 sells. I'm showing the car friday and just got another request for the VIN number because someone else is looking into getting it financed through their bank...I'd hate for you to lose the opportunity given the money you invested in the PPI and time spent learning all about the car's history.

I appreciate it! But, I'm definitely at a point where emotionally/financially I would want the car to be mine. I want a clean title transfer to VA, no bs paperwork, no bs banking info, no standing in line at the DMV for 3+ hours over and over again because the bank didn't send the right loan release form, no having to wait a month for plates because of said title issues, etc...and yes, I'm speaking from experience. Rather just have the cash upfront and be set. But, thank you and keep me posted on those other folks, a lot of bs can go down when the banks are involved.. lol

scooby24
02-28-2014, 11:17 AM
SOLD

NoVAphotog
02-28-2014, 11:18 AM
SOLD

Congrats! Have fun with the forester and the new lil' one! Was it a local buyer?

scooby24
02-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Congrats! Have fun with the forester and the new lil' one! Was it a local buyer?

My Dad actually :-)

Keeping it in the family

NoVAphotog
02-28-2014, 11:26 AM

Keeping it in the family

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that! Some rando didn't take Gerta to a bad home.

ELCID86
02-28-2014, 12:36 PM

Keeping it in the family

What?! Way cool.

Mr Paul
02-28-2014, 02:15 PM

Keeping it in the family

I live in Overland Park, I'll keep my eye out for your car. I've got a silvergray sedan too.

midlandtech
02-28-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure I used to see your car regularly during the morning commute glad it's staying in KC

taptalk + Note 3

scooby24
02-28-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm pretty sure I used to see your car regularly during the morning commute glad it's staying in KC

taptalk + Note 3

Yup, we also met at a bmw club event at DIY too, but the car looked much different then. It'll be a garage queen now in Gardner but my Dad had been secretly lusting over the ZHP since I got it and only found out once he'd heard it was pending sold. Once I mentioned it was again available he wasn't letting the chance slip him by. He wanted a shot at it and who was I to pass up the opportunity to keep it in the family and still get it sold on the timeline that I was hoping for. Win - Win.