View Full Version : Replacement Roundel

midlandtech
03-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Hey guys I was washing the car at the car wash yesterday and when I went over the roundel all the paint came off it. I figured I would take the opportunity to do something unique and as such am wondering what my options are for replacement roundels (I figure I might as well replace them all including steering wheel and center caps). I'd like to do all black or black and white (i am open to other suggestions though) but everything I've been able to find is from China and will take a month to get here and then who knows what the quality will be. Does anyone have any idea where I could look? cheaper is better (as long as they are good quality)

taptalk + Note 3

Hornung418
03-12-2014, 10:22 AM
OEM or bust unfortunately. The quality just isn't there with the knock-offs. You can always get stickers cut to put over top of the new roundels.

You've seen my MD flag roundels, right?

Sent from my GS3.

trancenation
03-12-2014, 10:27 AM
If you would like to do something unique yet stock, maybe go for the Metal raised letter emblems if they are still available.

fredo
03-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Oh, that's how it happens. I've seen lots of roundels without paint. But, I thought it was a bad detail job.

I got one from China some years ago and it started to fade after some months. After that, I found an OEM roundel on ebay. I don't remember the price, but it was cheaper than brand new. And it still looks great. As for the colors, I prefer OEM.

Vas
03-12-2014, 10:38 AM
I just bought an OEM one for $30 I believe. My current one is not faded however it has some spider effect on it. Send me a pm if you want a used one.

SoDelBMW
03-12-2014, 11:17 AM
Mine did the same thing about a month ago and I just replaced it with an OEM off of eBay. There aren't many options to choose from

NorCalZman
03-12-2014, 12:10 PM
This thread reminded me about something I wanted to do for my roundels and fog lights and headlights, etc

http://www.lamin-x.com/BMW-E46-Sedan-2002-to-2005-s/839.htm

midlandtech
03-12-2014, 03:17 PM
OEM or bust unfortunately. The quality just isn't there with the knock-offs. You can always get stickers cut to put over top of the new roundels.

You've seen my MD flag roundels, right?

Sent from my GS3.
Yes that's what got me thinking about doing something custom... would love a german flag or something.

I just bought an OEM one for $30 I believe. My current one is not faded however it has some spider effect on it. Send me a pm if you want a used one.

I may just do that... car looks funny without its roundel

This thread reminded me about something I wanted to do for my roundels and fog lights and headlights, etc

http://www.lamin-x.com/BMW-E46-Sedan-2002-to-2005-s/839.htm

I saw these as an option but I would have to have the steering wheel and center caps match. I didn't see that offered on there unless I missed something.

NorCalZman
03-12-2014, 03:43 PM
I was just going to go for the clear films. No color

Avetiso
03-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Nothing looks as good as OEM in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Newjack
03-12-2014, 04:16 PM
OEM is obviously the best choice. But if you dont feel like spending a ton of money and want a different design that isn't a sticker or overlay go with Khoalty. I've had khoalty roundels on my car since 2011 and they still look great.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

midlandtech
03-12-2014, 04:44 PM
OEM is obviously the best choice. But if you dont feel like spending a ton of money and want a different design that isn't a sticker or overlay go with Khoalty. I've had khoalty roundels on my car since 2011 and they still look great.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Really like that look

taptalk + Note 3