PDA

View Full Version : ZHP update: It's back with more hickups...

pilotnick1203
03-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Soooo been a long time since I have posted about my ZHP, my first car. Don't worry it went to an enthusiast family. However, I have had more hickups than what was told to us by the dealer. When we first got the car we had to do Vanos which eliminated the rough idle, unaware when we got the car, next we had to
do control arm bushings, brakes, and the valve cover gasket in which we were also unaware. There was then a strong smell of oil in the cabin so we had to do the trans. Pan (unaware, common theme here) and then the AC would not work so we shelled 200 in to that. The dealer had to know, the car was in Florida. Going to have a nice "chat" with the dealer. Overall however I love ZHPs and would definitely buy another one. The car I have is Titanium Silver and an automatic... I have decided though that I want a 6spd alpine ZHP as my next car. Something about a stick just seems right, I fly airplanes aswell so I'm used to the coordination it would take. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/16/apevy3eb.jpg

Avetiso
03-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Sorry to hear you are having issues.

pilotnick1203
03-15-2014, 06:05 PM
Sorry to hear you are having issues.
Wouldn't have gotten this one if I would have known, could have bought a lower mileage car... Still would have gotten this model though. ZHPs are wonderful.

Avetiso
03-15-2014, 07:08 PM
Here's what I think:

You are addressing the problems on the car. It is costing you money, but is the car still good? Unless you are looking at evidence of overheating/accidents that was not disclosed, I'd simply ask for them to cover some of the cost of the repairs. You'd still replace/repair the same things had the broken 10k-15k miles down the line, but at that point, you wouldn't be blaming the dealer.

pilotnick1203
03-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Here's what I think:

You are addressing the problems on the car. It is costing you money, but is the car still good? Unless you are looking at evidence of overheating/accidents that was not disclosed, I'd simply ask for them to cover some of the cost of the repairs. You'd still replace/repair the same things had the broken 10k-15k miles down the line, but at that point, you wouldn't be blaming the dealer.

Car its self is fine. Never wrecked, one owner, original window sticker. Interior has no fading/cracks. The concerning thing that stuck out at first was a huge dint on the top passenger side. I mean huge, like 2 to three baseballs hit it. Thick metal up there too. Then the AC and heater did not work etc. So in that regard they should have told us. I agree, I hope they cover some.

tkundhi
03-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Unfortunately this is all too common. It may not have been intentional. People can have different expectations on used car conditions, regardless of mint, excellent, clean, average, needs work. But given you bought it from a dealer I too would expect the dent to be disclosed.

Always expect and budget for doing something after getting the car. FWIW, I did a MAF, FCAB, valve cover gasket and oil level sender after buying my car. It had less than 70k miles on it. This is all normal stuff for a 10 year old car.

Sounds like you've addressed some common items and should have a solid car now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pilotnick1203
03-16-2014, 07:23 AM
Unfortunately this is all too common. It may not have been intentional. People can have different expectations on used car conditions, regardless of mint, excellent, clean, average, needs work. But given you bought it from a dealer I too would expect the dent to be disclosed.

Always expect and budget for doing something after getting the car. FWIW, I did a MAF, FCAB, valve cover gasket and oil level sender after buying my car. It had less than 70k miles on it. This is all normal stuff for a 10 year old car.

Sounds like you've addressed some common items and should have a solid car now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is solid now, after doing all of that and removing the dints. I expected flaws because it is ten, but I would have liked full disclosure of what was wrong so I knew what to do instead of finding out the hard way :). The control arm bushings came off in fragments, kinda funny. My only wish is that it was a 6spd.

stephenkirsh
03-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Did you just recently buy it? Did you get a prepurchase inspection from a 3rd party?

I put $3500 into my zhp in the first 6 months, not including tires, and a lot of good deals on labor.