PDA

View Full Version : Do not buy from this guy

Rooneyjp
04-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Do not buy from this guy. I paid $179.99 for a PPI and he wouldn't let the mechanic drive the car. Mechanic said that it was the first time he has been told then in his 20 years of service. Something is fishy. Not to mention the guy was a real jackass on the phone.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4393566409.html

danewilson77
04-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Why wouldn't he let the mechanic drive it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

danewilson77
04-02-2014, 04:42 PM
How'd the PPI come out?

328ioc
04-02-2014, 04:55 PM
Hmm that's fairly local to me. Car sure looks clean.

mLuMaN83
04-02-2014, 04:58 PM
That car looks clean as a whistle. Casselberry... hmm. Could be dicey depended on the area. I used to live there on Lake Howell. Nice areas mixed with shady.

If I was still living there I would run over and cheek it out for you.

wsmeyer
04-02-2014, 05:04 PM
That's bizarre but on the flip side he's sounds anal and the car was probably meticulously taken care of.

KevinC
04-02-2014, 05:06 PM
I'd be concerned that car has been hit in the rear. Look at the sticker on the trunk lid under the license plate - that's not the BMW VIN sticker that belongs there (it's black, for one thing, and a lot smaller) - not sure what it might be, since the lid is painted, it wouldn't be the (3rd world/3rd party?) part maker's sticker. But it's a red flag - along with the fact that the 330Ci badge is mounted too low.

Do you have the VIN? Post it if you do and I'll run it.

EDIT - that IS the end of the VIN, in big letters on that sticker. Interesting. Damn, can't Autocheck it though, my link isn't working.

Avetiso
04-02-2014, 05:07 PM
WTF?

Openair
04-02-2014, 05:20 PM
The owner seems very protective of his ZHP. That could be a plus however i can't understand why owner would not allow a test drive by a prospective buyer or his agent.

slater
04-03-2014, 04:35 AM
I'd be concerned that car has been hit in the rear. Look at the sticker on the trunk lid under the license plate - that's not the BMW VIN sticker that belongs there (it's black, for one thing, and a lot smaller) - not sure what it might be, since the lid is painted, it wouldn't be the (3rd world/3rd party?) part maker's sticker. But it's a red flag - along with the fact that the 330Ci badge is mounted too low.

Do you have the VIN? Post it if you do and I'll run it.

EDIT - that IS the end of the VIN, in big letters on that sticker. Interesting. Damn, can't Autocheck it though, my link isn't working.

great assessment on the trunk lid. also, the ad says 'no accidents' - clearly we've got some misinformation here.

peter

wsmeyer
04-03-2014, 06:29 AM
I'm pretty sure that's the correct sticker under the license plate or he reproduced one as that's not a part number on it, it's the last part of his vin.

Schlag96
04-03-2014, 06:54 AM
"Please check out NADA and Kelly Blue Book, the car is priced thousands under retail."

Well no shit, Mr. Privateparty

What a jackass.

Hermes
04-03-2014, 07:32 AM
Honestly, the badges look to be in the right spot to me...

http://images.craigslist.org/00D0D_ikTqV7dNfuk_600x450.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jhermes/ZHP%20Photos/30358840-D524-4D95-B24E-4E58E7FE9BB6.jpg

cakM3
04-03-2014, 07:37 AM
"Please check out NADA and Kelly Blue Book, the car is priced thousands under retail."

Well no shit, Mr. Privateparty

What a jackass.

The guy clearly wants to get the most money for his sale.... honestly, I don't blame him. He knows he has a good car and that not many were made so he's going to try and get as much as he can...

Reality is that he may not get what he wants but he's going to try....that doesn't necessarily make him a jackass... Schlag, I'm not supporting that guy but if I were to sell either of my cars....there will be a premium to be paid if that person want's it....I don't care if my cars have high mileage but if that person has to have my car then they will meet my price.....it's just the way it is.... doesn't necessarily make me or anyone else a jackass...

If the person trying to buy the car doesn't agree then there are other cars out there....you simply move on :)

KevinC
04-03-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm pretty sure that's the correct sticker under the license plate or he reproduced one as that's not a part number on it, it's the last part of his vin.

Nope, that sticker's not even close to being the normal one.. should look like this:

http://www.kcphotodump.net/Cars/BMW-330Ci/i-WFhSV65/0/XL/DSCN2949-XL.jpg

And the badge is definitely too low, you can see the difference in the 2 pics posted above.. it's higher on the red trunk than this one.

Hermes
04-03-2014, 10:31 AM
I agree that the sticker is wrong. Perhaps I placed the badges on my car too high, but I thought I did it correct when I put the black ones on

wsmeyer
04-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Nope, that sticker's not even close to being the normal one.. should look like this:

http://www.kcphotodump.net/Cars/BMW-330Ci/i-WFhSV65/0/XL/DSCN2949-XL.jpg

And the badge is definitely too low, you can see the difference in the 2 pics posted above.. it's higher on the red trunk than this one.

I have no sticker under my plate and my emblem looks more like others guys. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/04/nejaga7a.jpg

cakM3
04-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Looking at that pic, I think the original sticker is still there but the new sticker was slapped on the bootlid afterwards sometime later... If there was a closer pic and the license plate holder was removed with a pic showing the stickers close up, I'm sure you will see the original VIN decal sitting behind that unsightly sticker.

It's hard to see but if you look inbetween the gap on top of that unsightly sticker under the plastic license plate holder you see a very small black tab budding out from that unsightly sticker where you would expect to see the original VIN decal. A better pic of that sticker would clear things up though...

wsmeyer
04-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Looking at that pic, I think the original sticker is still there but the new sticker was slapped on the bootlid afterwards sometime later... If there was a closer pic and the license plate holder was removed with a pic showing the stickers close up, I'm sure you will see the original VIN decal sitting behind that unsightly sticker.

It's hard to see but if you look inbetween the gap on top of that unsightly sticker under the plastic license plate holder you see a very small black tab budding out from that unsightly sticker where you would expect to see the original VIN decal. A better pic of that sticker would clear things up though...

Or somebody could just ask him.

wsmeyer
04-03-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm going with dealer put it on

Rooneyjp
04-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Well the autocheck he sent me is clean. The VIN is WBABD53456PL17648. The PPI came out well from what the mechanic sent me. Just said that the headliner in the back was coming off a little. The guy sent me a lengthy apology email and explained his insurance and that he still won't let the mechanic drive it. He said that he can't afford to chance a non buyer driving the car and wrecking it. That being said if anyone local would like to act as the buyer for me and test drive and check it out I would greatly appreciate it.

Hermes
04-03-2014, 11:30 AM
I have no sticker under my plate and my emblem looks more like others guys. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/04/nejaga7a.jpg

Verts are aligned different

KevinC
04-03-2014, 02:38 PM
"His" insurance won't allow a mechanic to drive it? Sounds sketchy, and I'll bet that the mechanic's own insurance would cover it anyways. Oh well, sounds like genuine concern on his part, whether valid or not. That car is super-clean, if the rear hasn't been hit, then it's a peach.. maybe still a peach if fixed right.

Avetiso
04-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Gotta let somebody drive it if you want to sell it. At least it's an auto; when I was selling my first ZHP, I swear they took 5% out of the clutch life on their drive. Thank goodness they bought it.

I'm Ready
04-05-2014, 07:45 AM
Do not buy from this guy. I paid $179.99 for a PPI and he wouldn't let the mechanic drive the car. Mechanic said that it was the first time he has been told then in his 20 years of service. Something is fishy. Not to mention the guy was a real jackass on the phone.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4393566409.html

Hello everyone I'm the "jackass" Rooneyjp speaks about. Just wanted to clear up a few things as he did tell me he would tell everyone possible not to buy my car but he's left out a few FACTS.

Normally I would care but it speaks volumes when someone goes out of their way to ruin someones Forsale Ad when they don't get their way and this is what it boils down to.

I was very, very clear no one other then the "end user" drives the car. Prior to Rooneyjp getting an inspection done on the car he wanted me to drive the car across down to have the car look at by someone he found on the internet. I told him I'm not driving the car to subject the car to being wrecked, something flying up from the road nicking the hood, windshield, etc. Its a risk/liability factor I will not expose the car to. It was made very clear this is our policy only the person buying the car after they put a deposit on the car can test drive the car. I was very clear, come down I'll pick you up from the airport come view the car and YOU THE BUYER can test drive the car.

This is our policy like it or not but it should be respected. I told Rooneyjp he could send anyone he wants to view the car at our place. I stayed an hour late to make sure the car was inspected the day he wanted it done.I took the inspector on a test drive as he is not insured to drive the car and again it was explained prior to I don't want anything to happen to the car. When I took the inspector for a test drive he said the only thing I need to check is the following, 1. The car goes into overdrive 2. The cruise works 3. during a hard brake with no hands on the wheel the car doesn't pull to the right or left 4. Check the car for any odd noises..... The car passed and had no issues You can clearly see the front tires are wearing perfect, no leaks, etc. The guy could see the car drove fine, rode fine, performed perfect. He commented on how nice the car was, that he hasn't seen one this nice in a long time.

I gave the telephone number to Rooneyjp for the Euro shop that worked on/serviced the car for the pass 4 years, they told him its a good car. I have all the service records back to new, 1 Owner, just serviced in Dec 2013, oil, filter, wiper blades, front end control arm bushings. Just had the valve cover gasket replaced. The typical things an 8 year old 50,000 mile 330CI needs. The car speaks for itself.

My customer service was so bad because I send him multiple pictures of areas he wanted to see, found a place that could view the cars condition, offered to pick him up from the airport, put him in touch with the previous Euro shop that worked on the car. Told him I'd rather talk via phone then email as some things don't come off right in an email. If this is poor customer service then I'm sorry. Things went side ways when Rooneyjp was told over and over my policy on people driving the car and he then talks down to me and MAKES A DEMAND OF "WELL IF YOU DON'T LET HIM DRIVE THE CAR THEN I'm NOT BUYING IT". What kind of response do you think your going to get?

I begged him, come see the car and you will see. The car has a perfect history, 1 owner, all service records, unreal clean, just serviced, just PASSED INSPECTION. The next thing VIEW THE CAR YOURSELF.

Only one person needs to like the way the car drives and that's the person buying it. The car is going to drive the way any garaged kept, never been wrecked, always serviced, tires are wearing perfect should drive.

Oh and for all those so quick to say the cars been wrecked because the sticker doesn't look factory, its the factory sticker with the VIN, Production date and you can see the factory black/silver VIN tag under the large white sticker.

This post is to say nothing more then the car is dead new for a 8 year old 50,000 mile car. To recommend people not buy the car because you would come view the car and don't respect my policy is very telling.

Good day

danewilson77
04-05-2014, 07:59 AM
OK. I think this thread has aged enough.