PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Eisenmann Race Exhaust

JKO_ZHP
04-09-2014, 12:39 AM
Looking to buy an Eisenmann race exhaust muffler. Any connecting pipes would be a great addition too but not necessary.

What I have to offer: cash, BimmerBrakes GEN3 headers, stock ZHP exhaust (once it's swapped), and/or staggered factory style 135s (will be getting professionally refinished soon, minor curb rash on two wheels). May be willing to part with the BMW Performance strut bar depending on condition of the exhaust and/or if the pipes are involved.

mbeckel
04-09-2014, 04:50 AM
Looking to buy an Eisenmann race exhaust muffler. Any connecting pipes would be a great addition too but not necessary.

What I have to offer: cash, BimmerBrakes GEN3 headers, stock ZHP exhaust (once it's swapped), and/or staggered factory style 135s (will be getting professionally refinished soon, minor curb rash on two wheels). May be willing to part with the BMW Performance strut bar depending on condition of the exhaust and/or if the pipes are involved.

Where are you located? I can refinish your wheels. Or check out my DIY on wheel refinishing

Sent from in the bushes

TigerTater
04-09-2014, 06:39 AM
You giving up on the headers??

Sent from Outerspace using iphone 13

Pip
04-09-2014, 12:25 PM
I like the eisenmann race on the 330i so I think this is a good choice, but I think I would try and keep the headers as well.

JKO_ZHP
04-09-2014, 01:36 PM
You giving up on the headers??

Yes I am. The illegal aspect coupled with increased risk even beyond completed installation was just enough for me to re-think it. Plus I finally came back to why I purchased this car (as a nice and fun DD) so it wouldn't really be sensible.

Where are you located? I can refinish your wheels. Or check out my DIY on wheel refinishing

Sent from in the bushes

Thanks, but I have a place/person in mind already.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/onsite-wheel-recond-westminster-3

I like the eisenmann race on the 330i so I think this is a good choice, but I think I would try and keep the headers as well.

If CA wasn't so hardcore on the emissions laws around here, I would....my go-to guy finally gave it to me straight and said he would not do it for me but I am free to go to other places that he can refer me to if I still want to get them installed. Even with headers AND an exhaust on (let's even throw in a tune) the ZHP today is barely able to keep up with most of the newer cars out there today, including the V6 Camrys, Accords, etc.
There's always a faster car out there and I definitely can't make it much faster being an NA I-6, but I sure as hell can make it sound a lot nicer. :thumbsup

Hornung418
04-10-2014, 05:50 AM
What do you want for the headers?

Sent from my GS3.

JKO_ZHP
04-10-2014, 10:31 PM
What do you want for the headers?

Sent from my GS3.

I don't want to profit off anyone here but I can't take a loss - so I'd rather suggest that you buy it from BimmerBrakes directly while they still have them.
I asked them how many they had left in stock a few weeks ago, they didn't give me a number but they did confirm that they still have a few units.
Shipping is free if you buy from their site; it was $430 shipped for me.

With that being said....I listed on CL local pick-up for $400. Shipping would most likely be over $30 though, given the weight & dimensions.

Hornung418
04-10-2014, 11:07 PM
Holy fuck that's expensive! Good luck with the sale!

Sent from my GS3.

JKO_ZHP
04-11-2014, 01:39 AM
Holy fuck that's expensive! Good luck with the sale!

Sent from my GS3.

Yeah, definitely not in a rush to sell, not low on cash or anything. But should that ever happen or if I just want to get rid of them, I'll let you know first if I want to short it.

Although if the rumors are true that BB is not making more, then maybe these will go up in value....? As the gap between the cheap $100 eBay ones and the $1,000+ SuperSprints/Active Autowerkes increases.....

az3579
04-11-2014, 03:08 AM
Even with headers AND an exhaust on (let's even throw in a tune) the ZHP today is barely able to keep up with most of the newer cars out there today, including the V6 Camrys, Accords, etc.

I disagree. The ZHP is down on power compared to these cars but still holds it's own.

A Sonata 2.0T couldn't pass me on the parkway late one night. He tried all the way up to a "certain" speed and gave up. Let's just say that speed is close to where the limiter would've been if I wasn't Sharked.

That Sonata has around the same power as the Accord with the best available engine and more than the Camry with the best available engine.

Let's not forget the fact that the ZHP blows either of those away once you show them some corners.
I wouldn't be so quick to downplay the ZHP's performance even compared to NEW cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TigerTater
04-11-2014, 05:13 AM
I disagree. The ZHP is down on power compared to these cars but still holds it's own.

A Sonata 2.0T couldn't pass me on the parkway late one night. He tried all the way up to a "certain" speed and gave up. Let's just say that speed is close to where the limiter would've been if I wasn't Sharked.

That Sonata has around the same power as the Accord with the best available engine and more than the Camry with the best available engine.

Let's not forget the fact that the ZHP blows either of those away once you show them some corners.
I wouldn't be so quick to downplay the ZHP's performance even compared to NEW cars.

LIKE !!

mbeckel
04-11-2014, 10:27 AM

Oh so very true! Well put. The main reason that new cars need more power is to tote the weight that comes with all the technology they are stuffing into them. Put some mods to a zhp and it will be better than most

Sent from in the bushes

sillieidiot
04-11-2014, 10:57 AM
might be interested in the headers. can i pay you in labor for installing something? lol

TigerTater
04-11-2014, 03:47 PM
might be interested in the headers. can i pay you in labor for installing something? lol

Lol. That's great...it would prolly require something like RTAB/FCAB replacement to equal the headers...

JKO_ZHP
04-11-2014, 07:08 PM

I had a second guy ask about the headers just yesterday, I have not replied yet.
I'm potentially interested......but that'd be more than just a simple install this time around for them headers. :)

https://31.media.tumblr.com/d454a3516ce15a5a8853ae37cf2c2e20/tumblr_n2tpt8NYpv1r2z3guo2_500.jpg

Stock style 135s are what's in the Avant Garde boxes btw if you're interested. Even though you're local-ish, they come with foam protectors and even bags (over the wheels) if you want them.

And as for the whole ZHP vs. newer cars thing.....yes it does hold its own, and still handles beautifully vs. most of the newer but slushy cars.
But you're comparing it to a Sonata which never came in manual if I remember correctly. Guess I should've mentioned that originally - auto ZHPs can't hang as well as at least some of the newer but also auto cars.
Which I don't mind anyways; just the other day a lifted bro truck was tailgating but once we got to the connector (360-degree turn), the ZHP lost him easily until he came out of it and onto the straight.

sillieidiot
04-12-2014, 05:11 PM
i'm good on the wheels.

what do you have in mind? lol the last install wasn't simple either. i'll just PM you.