PDA

View Full Version : Running List of friendly Coders ? :)

Washburn
04-27-2014, 07:42 AM
I am really glad to see a separate sub forum for coding :) great idea, and I had a lot of trouble wading through threads to find info before; Now it's much better and organized.

Thanks for all who have contributed to the coding info and to those who implemented the separated sub forum!

Now, I thought, for those of us in the family who do NOT possess coding abilities, and would like to have their cars coded by a member who does have the ability:

Can we crate a thread for a running LIST of all members who have coding abilities?
Each code-capable member can then chime in (ONLY if they're willing to offer their services for free OR some sort of payment), and provide following information in their post/reply in the thread:

Name and/or Username.
Short description of which coding services/capabilities they offer.
List of coding items they can NOT perform.
Geographical location.
Any other pertinent info/conditions, etc they prefer to share that might be helpful for someone who's looking to get the car coded.

This way, the member in need can PM a member in the vicinity, and discuss further things such as how to meet, what to do, payment (if any), etc.

I have done a few simple DIYs myself, but have zero hard/software or knowledge to code, but I really would like to have some coding done on my car, and I will be dependant on someone who can do it for me, and I will GLADLY offer any sort of payment for it. I have a feeling I am not the only one in this situation, so that's why I came up with this idea.

Family members/Mods: what do you guys think?

CURRENT MEMBERS WHO CAN HELP:

1. Shawn (elcid86),
PA soft, Northern, VA (Stafford).
Still learning, but happy to do a few minor tweaks

2. Botond Pal - az3579
Can code NCS Expert items for older cars that are not F chassis cars. I can also read codes and perform diagnostic procedures for non-F series cars through DIS.
Can NOT code F series cars at this time. Subject to change.
Located in Bridgeport, CT. Willing to travel up to 3 hours from my location, all I ask is for tolls/gas. Will travel farther if specifically requested, though it depends on just how far we're talking.

3. Travis “Crickett”
Las Vegas, Nevada

DIS, NCSExpert, INPA
Can code E46s, possibly any OBDII E-series chassis (haven’t tried yet)
Can read/clear error codes (including SRS/airbag)
Can run car modules through tests/function activation (via DIS)
Mild experience with option coding via NCSExpert (e.g. enable/disable DRLs, all windows up/down w/key fob, etc.)

Can NOT do control module flashing/recoding yet (e.g. LCM recoding, speedo recalibration, etc.)

4. Charlie - cakM3
PA Soft, Providence RI area
Also have INPA, DIS, NCSExpert (getting back into the coding scene....learning these)
I am fairly comfortable using PA Soft :)

5. Tony Lam /// tnhl1989
Full use of INPA 5.0.2 / BMW Scanner 1.4 P.A.Soft / Rheingold ISTA/D 3.41 / NCSExpert 3.1.0/4.0.1 ; NCSDummy 0.6.0.1 / E-Sys 3.24.3
I can function with all models of BMW. Have defined cables for each model.
Can code and diagnosis e36 , e39 , e46 , e53 , e82 , e90 - e91 - e92 - e93 , f-series - present.

Can't really code/program modules. Still learning that part and winkfp. I do a lot of retrofits which anyone can find searching for them. Also very capable of with repairing the e46 inside and out. I have done everything possible that have been stated on the forums and will be working on a few more things in the time to come.
Still trying to figure out how to reprogramming modules.
Located in Western MA. Can travel up to 2/3 hours as provided time/gas/food. Willing to help out remotely when I can.

6. Terraphantm (Hyder)

I can do pretty much anything with any non-Fxx chassis (NCS Expert, WinKFP, INPA, etc).
I can also flash DMEs on my bench

7. Derek Ng - derbo
San Francisco Bay Area
DIS, NCSExpert, INPA, PASoft
Only real experience with the early E9x and late model E46s.
I say I am better at NCSexpert and DIS than anything else however I'm sure I can figure out INPA and PA Soft.

8. orange260z (Ayan)
Ottawa, Canada area
PA Soft, DIS, NCS
Recently acquired all of this and still trying to figure it out. Actually, my computer-friendly buddy is the one trying to figure it out, I own the equipment. At this stage it's all pretty experimental.

9. Johnrando:
Southern Cal.
PA-Soft. Not an expert, but I know how to use it now that I have it.

10. Carbon ZHP:
La Mirada, CA.
for PA Soft. Currently working on INPA, but my cord seems to be working intermittently.

ELCID86
04-27-2014, 08:50 AM
Good idea.

Shawn (elcid86), PA soft, Northern, VA (Stafford). Still learning, but happy to do a few moor tweaks.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

midlandtech
04-27-2014, 09:21 AM
Good idea. While I do no coding it will be good to see if there is anyone in the KC area

taptalk + Note 3

az3579
04-27-2014, 09:28 AM
Botond Pal - az3579

Can code NCS Expert items for older cars that are not F chassis cars. I can also read codes and perform diagnostic procedures for non-F series cars through DIS.

Can NOT code F series cars at this time. Subject to change.

Located in Bridgeport, CT. Willing to travel up to 3 hours from my location, all I ask is for tolls/gas. Will travel farther if specifically requested, though it depends on just how far we're talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washburn
04-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Thanks guys...keep them coming.

MODS:
Can we compile the list onto one post somewhere, so it would be easier to check/look up?

PKR
04-27-2014, 10:24 AM
Fantastic idea ... keep 'em coming!

derbo
04-27-2014, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys...keep them coming.

MODS:
Can we compile the list onto one post somewhere, so it would be easier to check/look up?

Maybe you can post up in your first post anyone who is willing to reply?

Derek Ng - derbo
San Francisco Bay Area

DIS, NCSExpert, INPA, PASoft
Only real experience with the early E9x and late model E46s.

I say I am better at NCSexpert and DIS than anything else however I'm sure I can figure out INPA and PA Soft.

Washburn
04-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Sure! I can do that; at the end of each day I will compile them in my first post.
(given that posts remain always editable, with no time limit, which I think is the case)

SoDelBMW
04-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Nice thread idea hopefully it grows!

Washburn
04-28-2014, 05:24 AM
Added info of members who have stated they are def. willing to help to 1st post's very bottom

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

johnrando
04-28-2014, 10:58 AM
Great idea.

Crickett
04-29-2014, 08:59 AM
Happy to help anyone in the area!

Travis “Crickett”
Las Vegas, Nevada

DIS, NCSExpert, INPA
Can code E46s, possibly any OBDII E-series chassis (haven’t tried yet)
Can read/clear error codes (including SRS/airbag)
Can run car modules through tests/function activation (via DIS)
Mild experience with option coding via NCSExpert (e.g. enable/disable DRLs, all windows up/down w/key fob, etc.)

Can NOT do control module flashing/recoding yet (e.g. LCM recoding, speedo recalibration, etc.)

fredo
04-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Wow, Travis ... that was your post #1,000 !

johnrando
04-29-2014, 06:47 PM
Classic. Post #1000 is an offer to help family members. :thumbsup

Washburn
05-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Updated list. :) Thanks, Travis.

cakM3
05-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Charlie - cakM3

PA Soft, Providence RI area

Also have INPA, DIS, NCSExpert (getting back into the coding scene....learning these)

I am fairly comfortable using PA Soft :)

Washburn
05-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Thanks, Charlie!
Info added to starter post.

Tnhl1989
05-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Tony Lam /// tnhl1989

Full use of INPA 5.0.2 / BMW Scanner 1.4 P.A.Soft / Rheingold ISTA/D 3.41 / NCSExpert 3.1.0/4.0.1 ; NCSDummy 0.6.0.1 / E-Sys 3.24.3 I can function with all models of BMW. Have defined cables for each model. Can code and diagnosis e36 , e39 , e46 , e53 , e82 , e90 - e91 - e92 - e93 , f-series - present. Can't really code/program modules. Still learning that part and winkfp. I do a lot of retrofits which anyone can find searching for them. Also very capable of with repairing the e46 inside and out. I have done everything possible that have been stated on the forums and will be working on a few more things in the time to come.

Still trying to figure out how to reprogramming modules.

Located in Western MA. Can travel up to 2/3 hours as provided time/gas/food. Willing to help out remotely when I can.

Washburn
05-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Thanks Tony. Starter post updated.

terraphantm
05-22-2014, 09:04 PM
I can do pretty much anything with any non-Fxx chassis (NCS Expert, WinKFP, INPA, etc). I can also flash DMEs on my bench

Tnhl1989
05-23-2014, 03:44 AM
Hi terra, thanks for showing up again. I did request the ncs files. Also if you would like to get into Fxx chassis I can lend a hand in that.

Washburn
05-23-2014, 08:40 AM
Thanks Terra:
Can u list your name and location etc pls ?
I will add you to list

terraphantm
05-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Name is Hyder. Live in North East PA.

Washburn
05-23-2014, 09:56 AM
Thanks - added to list and starting post updated

Karl Lazlo
07-26-2014, 10:56 AM
A quick public thank you to az3579 (a/k/a Botond)!

He took a few moments at the office the other day to code some stuff on my 330ci. Much thanks! Good to have a car nerd (even better, having a BMW nerd) on staff!

Thanks, dude. Lunch on me next week.

johnrando
07-26-2014, 09:03 PM
The coding man!

orange260z
07-27-2014, 06:02 AM
orange260z (Ayan)
Ottawa, Canada area
PA Soft, DIS, NCS
Recently acquired all of this and still trying to figure it out. Actually, my computer-friendly buddy is the one trying to figure it out, I own the equipment. At this stage it's all pretty experimental.

Imola.ZHP
03-27-2015, 04:13 PM
If anyone is ever traveling through Memphis I have a spare room with private bath I can trade for some coding time.

ryankokesh
03-27-2015, 06:42 PM
Only set up for pasoft at the moment. I'm up in Northwest Indiana, half hour or so outside of Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone

UdubBadger
03-27-2015, 08:03 PM
I don't trust you enough to set the clock on my vcr

GoingHAM mobile

ryankokesh
03-28-2015, 03:37 AM
I don't trust you enough to set the clock on my vcr

GoingHAM mobile

Can't argue that... I've lost a lot of good VCRs that way.

Sent from my iPhone

UdubBadger
03-28-2015, 04:02 AM
;)

GoingHAM mobile

johnrando
03-28-2015, 07:31 AM
Add me to the list of PA-Soft. Not an expert, but I know how to use it now that I have it.

Washburn
03-29-2015, 08:31 AM
Thanks!
(List in first post of thread fully updated - all members who replied have been added.)

CarbonZHP
03-30-2015, 07:43 AM
You could add me for PA Soft as well, even though john isnt too far from me. Currently working on INPA, but my cord seems to be working intermittently. Im in La Mirada, CA.

Washburn
03-30-2015, 07:48 AM
Thanks! and done. :)

CarbonZHP
03-16-2016, 07:44 AM
Update me as full working PA Soft, NCS Expert, and INPA. Also location is LAX Area/La Mirada