PDA

View Full Version : A look inside Dinan: What will happen next?

Tnhl1989
04-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Motor Trend's, The Downshift, takes an inside look at one of the world's most respected BMW tuners around. Since 1979, Dinan has been pushing the boundaries of what is possible with the reliability to match BMW's factory warranty. Their products are the only performance products available through BMW dealers in North America and their cars are available at nearly a third of all BMW dealers in the USA. What do you think is going to happen next? Joop what will you do with your DINAN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4VkZQ7kb_U

gmurphy
04-29-2014, 02:47 AM
Great video. I love Dinan and everything they stand for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derbo
04-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Dinan was pulled off my old dealership when BMW performance line was created. They tried to push BMW performance brand instead of Dinan as it was in house. I guess there is alot of politics involved with this. I don't know the full story behind it all but it involved BMWNA pushing out Steve Dinan's offerings at a dealership and replacing it with BMWP. I'm sure that hurts Dinan a lot as its makes it less convenient to purchase their products for some customers.

gmurphy
04-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Dinan was pulled off my old dealership when BMW performance line was created. They tried to push BMW performance brand instead of Dinan as it was in house. I guess there is alot of politics involved with this. I don't know the full story behind it all but it involved BMWNA pushing out Steve Dinan's offerings at a dealership and replacing it with BMWP. I'm sure that hurts Dinan a lot as its makes it less convenient to purchase their products for some customers.

My dealer still offers the Dinan products. I wonder if they will make the same move. Good thing my Indy is a Dinan Certified Center!

derbo
04-29-2014, 08:03 AM
My dealer still offers the Dinan products. I wonder if they will make the same move. Good thing my Indy is a Dinan Certified Center!

I wonder what the real reason why my old dealership pulled it. Every dealership in the Bay Area I visited doesn't seem to have Dinan in house. I wonder if it is because Dinan is local and within 100mile radius. Whatever the case, I like Dinan's warranty policy a lot and it would make me want to modify the car even if it retains factory warranty still.

gmurphy
04-29-2014, 08:10 AM
I wonder what the real reason why my old dealership pulled it. Every dealership in the Bay Area I visited doesn't seem to have Dinan in house. I wonder if it is because Dinan is local and within 100mile radius. Whatever the case, I like Dinan's warranty policy a lot and it would make me want to modify the car even if it retains factory warranty still.

I wonder if this is why? Dinan does have 2 shops of their own so maybe that's why. I love Dinan's philosophy and warranty policies.

Avetiso
04-29-2014, 08:12 AM
I find Dinan parts more and more appealing every day. Good fitment, high quality parts. If only they weren't so pricey.

"Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5

3ZHPGUY
04-29-2014, 08:13 AM
Great video, thanks for posting

gmurphy
04-29-2014, 08:20 AM
I find Dinan parts more and more appealing every day. Good fitment, high quality parts. If only they weren't so pricey.

"Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5

They demand a premium but there parts are very good. I am looking I upgrade soon hopefully.

stephenkirsh
04-29-2014, 09:25 AM
I don't know of dinan "pushing the limits." Always thought of dinan as a modification that will be safe and reliable at the expensive of a little bit of performance.

Hermes
04-29-2014, 09:46 AM
Dinan used to push the envelope, not much these days.

This is what real Dinan engineering is like:

http://youtu.be/XdU0T7r5zcQ

gmurphy
04-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Dinan used to push the envelope, not much these days.

This is what real Dinan engineering is like:

http://youtu.be/XdU0T7r5zcQ

Sweet video

Hermes
04-29-2014, 09:48 AM
M49 race engine evolved into the M88, which in turn evolved into the S38. The head evolved into the S14 head with two less cylinders

SoDelBMW
04-29-2014, 04:40 PM
Great videos guys!

Tnhl1989
04-29-2014, 07:08 PM
I believe the main reason for one is the amount of sales that a center does. The second is to certified a technician to work on the parts that are installed. Some centers don't gain anything by being a part of dinan since they can't keep up the sales to make it worth it.

Vas
04-30-2014, 11:50 AM
I like their stuff.