PDA

View Full Version : Power Mirrors

Sideshow
05-06-2014, 02:21 AM
I think my ZHP is haunted. I was cleaning my garage and heard the mirrors start moving. Then, as I was driving down the road the mirrors started moving. I then noticed that I couldn't adjust them with the switch, it would go full deflection in whatever direction I tried to move them. I installed a new switch, but that didn't help; any suggestions?

Hornung418
05-06-2014, 02:52 AM
In for the solution...same think happens to me from time to time.

Sent from my GS3.

328ioc
05-06-2014, 04:59 AM
I think my ZHP is haunted. I was cleaning my garage and heard the mirrors start moving. Then, as I was driving down the road the mirrors started moving. I then noticed that I couldn't adjust them with the switch, it would go full deflection in whatever direction I tried to move them. I installed a new switch, but that didn't help; any suggestions?

It may be the mirror memory module.

When I shift into reverse my mirror gets stuck in the down position.

I have heard its the memory module that is going bad.

Maybe yours is the same.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Avetiso
05-06-2014, 06:06 AM
I have this issue. It only happens when I unlock the car.

"Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5

gmurphy
05-06-2014, 07:56 AM
I have this issue. It only happens when I unlock the car.

"Arnold smoking a cigar in the Red Square; your argument is invalid." -Galaxy S5

That might be because you have a key memory setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avetiso
05-06-2014, 08:19 AM
That might be because you have a key memory setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah. Sometime it goes all the way up, sometimes all the way down, alternating between mirrors. Lol. My car haz dumb.

derbo
05-06-2014, 08:38 AM
I had an issue where my ribbon cables were messed up. Check your mirror cables and see if there is any damage somewhere.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=EV53&mospid=47725&btnr=51_3846&hg=51&fg=07

I had to purchase #5 as the ribbons are connected to the mirror motor.

webster
05-06-2014, 09:08 AM
i have manual M3 mirrors and don't mind it too much :shift