PDA

View Full Version : FS PA 2004 330i zhp, 17xxx miles?

cwne
06-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Hi my name is chris, im new to this forum and have been looking for a zhp now for a few months, using this site has been a huge help! I ran into this when looking around cl, its nowhere near me but what do you guys think? he sent me all of the records and it seems legit but seems to good to be true
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/4508357719.html

HokieZHP
06-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Wow seems ok to me but I've been out of the ZHP game for a year or so.

Price seems a little too low but if everything seems legit maybe he's just trying for a quick sell

cwne
06-09-2014, 10:06 AM
yeah im from boston so its a treck away i very much wish it was closer, seems to odd to make a purchase without seeing in person first aha

alexandre
06-09-2014, 11:28 AM
It's salvage/rebuilt. Explains the drop in price. Not sure why it's sporting an M3 shift knob... Also M3 front bumper looks out of place on sedans IMO and if you think so too you'll need to throw in at least $600 to get one, paint it, and install it. If you want the OEM wheels you'll need to throw in $500ish for used ones, and $50ish for mounting/balancing. I'd definitely go see it in person before making any kind of offer.

Barefoot-ZHP
06-09-2014, 04:52 PM
You really have to watch buying cars with Rebuilt Titles or Branded Titles. Insurance companies have no problem charging you for full coverage but if you ever need it they will give you just a fraction of the total value because the car had been totaled or paid out on once before. My brother got burned like that on a older BMW, the offered him $750 for a car that was worth $4k because of the Branded Title. He settled for $450 and he got to keep the car which he parted.

cwne
06-09-2014, 05:48 PM
yeah and as well when buying a car you have to go on the sellers word, a salvage title means the car was totaled, meaning the damage costs more than the actual value of the vehicle, so insurance wont pay for it. and he sent me the history i could see the car was crashed in 05 with 16000 miles, and was left off the road till late 2013, where it was rebuilt by the present owner. One might wonder if the car is in good condition with only 17xxx miles, why would someone only drive it for a year then sell it so cheep. even for a rebuilt title, it said it was only front fender damage, i feel for 17000 miles it could sell for more than 11k? im not quite sure all the facts but a car can be put back on the road as long as it passes inspection after a total, so there might have been poorly "do it at home" frame unbending. It looks nice but again with so low accurate miles, navigation, and 6mt, it seems too cheep. i guess im gonna be spending a few more grand for a car with 3 times as many miles ahaha

gmurphy
06-09-2014, 05:59 PM
yeah and as well when buying a car you have to go on the sellers word, a salvage title means the car was totaled, meaning the damage costs more than the actual value of the vehicle, so insurance wont pay for it. and he sent me the history i could see the car was crashed in 05 with 16000 miles, and was left off the road till late 2013, where it was rebuilt by the present owner. One might wonder if the car is in good condition with only 17xxx miles, why would someone only drive it for a year then sell it so cheep. even for a rebuilt title, it said it was only front fender damage, i feel for 17000 miles it could sell for more than 11k? im not quite sure all the facts but a car can be put back on the road as long as it passes inspection after a total, so there might have been poorly "do it at home" frame unbending. It looks nice but again with so low accurate miles, navigation, and 6mt, it seems too cheep. i guess im gonna be spending a few more grand for a car with 3 times as many miles ahaha

I would defiantly purchase a ZHP with 140,000 miles on it if the history matches and is well documented over a salvage car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barefoot-ZHP
06-09-2014, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't pay more than $6k for it because if you bought it and then totaled it, I would bet that the insurance company wouldn't give you more than $4k tops pay out!

cwne
06-10-2014, 02:02 AM
I would defiantly purchase a ZHP with 140,000 miles on it if the history matches and is well documented over a salvage car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exactly i would say the same for me, the only thing that makes this car so tempting is the miles, and his post is accurate it is hard as hell to find one with such low miles ahah,
and Barefoot-ZHP, if they even give you 4k for it!, does the fact that it is ZHP even factor into the value for insurance? and its already been totaled once

DARXIDE
06-10-2014, 04:34 PM
They're (my insurance company) telling me my car may be totalled for my sand damage claim. Sand rash on bumper, lights, windshield as well as chips on nearly every panel. So they gave me an initial estimate, BUT I am trying to convince them that the ZHP cars ARE different and DO command a higher market value!!!

Barefoot-ZHP
06-10-2014, 04:54 PM
ZHP factor would only depend on the agent that came to do the claim. I had an 86 M535i which are very rare here in the states, the mrs. pulled too close to a parking curb (rebar was sticking up past the top of the curb) and when she went to back out it tore the front (bumper/spoiler). I got lucky as the agent who came to do the claim was a fellow BMW guy, he owned an E31 850ci. He appreciated the car and the condition it was in and gave me enough to redo the entire front end including new grills and euro lamps! My understanding is that an insurance company will look to see what is already been paid out on a car dollar wise, and then adjust for that in any new claim. Basically, they will not pay to total the same vehicle twice not in full retail value anyway, ZHP or not. My $4k figure is estimating 25% of full retail which is very generous.

DARXIDE
06-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Wow...lucky for you! I had the opposite experience. Wish me luck in convincing them that my car is worth $10k! Hard to find a stick, coupe zhp within 100 miles of here...

Barefoot-ZHP
06-12-2014, 12:43 PM
The car is now on eBay…
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3-Series-330i-ZHP-2004-BMW-330i-Base-Sedan-4-Door-3-0L-/271519192144?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3f37ce1450&item=271519192144&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

wlin
06-29-2014, 08:18 AM
Hi my name is chris, im new to this forum and have been looking for a zhp now for a few months, using this site has been a huge help! I ran into this when looking around cl, its nowhere near me but what do you guys think? he sent me all of the records and it seems legit but seems to good to be true
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/4508357719.html

"This posting has been flagged for removal. [?]

(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)"

lol..

cwne
06-29-2014, 08:27 AM
haha?