PDA

View Full Version : Any body else show their ZHP?

pilotnick1203
06-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Hey all,
Just out of curiosity I am wondering how many of you show your ZHP at car shows? I kinda grew up with showing so I do the same now with my car, and my dad's 840 is a loner as is the ZHP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3ZHPGUY
06-12-2014, 08:25 PM
I've been showing my ZHP for years but, it's always been a bitter sweet expedience. When I lived in the Cleveland Ohio area, I always entered in a annual all German car show. The show was great and I always enjoyed educating folks about what a ZHP was. That was years ago when the were still in production.

I always placed in the top three when that show was judged but, then when it went to peoples choice the ///Ms wold always take the prize. I've also had similar experiences at other shows that the general audience has no clue of the rarity of the ZHP. I've even been turned away once at a Quaker Steak event.

I still go to them, with the detail of a trophy winner, knowing I'll probably come home empty handed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoVAphotog
06-12-2014, 08:28 PM
I could...I get a LOT of positive comments, offers to buy, etc for my car as she is. At 61k about the only blemishes are some curb rash and a some wear on the interior in the usual spots which could be fixed easily.

I don't know, if I went that route I'd not only have to spend more to get her up to what I'd want as "show standard" as opposed to DD/autox standard she is now and I'd invest in a beater car...but we'll see, I plan to keep her as-is for now and keep gauging reception at some of the informal C&C type meets/shows and go from there.

pilotnick1203
06-13-2014, 06:24 AM
Good to now... I have that problem too, the only people who now the rarity of it is our KC BMW club members.

TheFinanceGuy
06-13-2014, 08:19 AM
I go to car shows, however, I like to be stealthy :)

I try to get a good spot, but don't enter into anything. I also like it when people comment about the car, but don't know who the owner is.